Some new ( ? ) upgrade ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by krakau, May 30, 2017.

1. krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

hello there

- stardew valley is very lovely and its fun to play. but unfortnately it lacking space and storage room. its great we can have a cellar now. the problem is.. a cellar isnt enough, i think. people who are advanced in the game, have many different need of storage like.. one for full of kegs, one for full of jars, one for full of casks. most players have 100+ of each.
    possible solution (for home storage only): how does an attic sound?

- the idea about the storage building is nice, but compared to a barn, its too small und too expensive. it would be recommended to make the interior 4 or 5 times bigger as it is now (cause its just.. an empty building to store stuff. it makes no sense to make price it for 15k gold, but a barn costs 6k gold with twice space).
    conclusion: stoarges take so much space, are expensive, but have not enough inner space.
    possible solution: lower the price for storage and make storage upgradable to get more space with each upgrade.

- about the farm cave.. what about making one or 2 underground levels for the farm cave? maybe its possible to add greenhouse-behaviour to these levels (of course you can only get these levels with upgrades. otherwise it would be too easy).

- about the greenhouse... need more space. as i mentioned, it would be interesting to add more levels to the farm cave.. and maybe more mushroom/fruit spawning on the current one-only level. but ya.. uhm.. yes, greenhouse. what about making greenhous upgradable, too? Bigger greenhouse.. and maybe 2nd upgrade comes with an addiotanl room in the greenhouse where you can plant your trees.. and another room for crops like.. hops starter, green bean starter and stuff.

- about the farme.. well, at the moment, buildings takes too much space. [still talking about advanced players. the current stardew valles as it is, its good for beginners. but as you advance, it would be nice to be able to buy more upgrade (see above) and buy more farm space plots for more building and decoration]

- thats not related to upgrading building but.. what about chest labels? i know you can colour them now, but why not add the possibility to label them?

thanks for reading.

• RogueZephyr

RogueZephyr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the chest label idea. I'd like the idea of being able to expand your cellar (each upgrade adds another new room to it) rather than adding an attic. An attic would be limited by the size of the house you're in (and if your having to increase the size of the house to make room for new attic space, then you'll run out of room for anything else)

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

I'd vote for more cellar room if this results in us having more casks.
        The label idea for chests, 100% needs to happen. Currently I have a chest color and I write down what's in the chest on a post it note on my monitor.

• Chris776

Chris776 Subatomic Cosmonaut

already thought of the upgrade for your house for more cellar room but ok...

Label for the chest is a good idea, other than memorizing what color of the chest would contain a certain type of something so that you wouldn't have to search all your chests to find the particular item you want to get, this is helpful.

already posted about something on farm expansion

the shed is only for decoration or cosmetics in the game for those who wants to make their farm pretty from the start, but for those who are eager to progress faster in the game, they build barns to place their casks to go and do some ageing.

i already posted an upgrade for a greenhouse, yeah it needs an upgrade so far.

a secondary level of the cave... hmmm maybe just another room and not another level of the cave? maybe at the back of the cave you could actually crack it open and see another cave where you could ask demetrius if he can put something else there, but it is only accessible maybe sometime in the game after your grandfather shows up at year 3 of spring at dawn

• RogueZephyr

When you say "already thought of it", do you mean you've created a mod for it?

• Chris776

not a mod, he didn't said about any mods that has these features, most of his ideas were already suggested by other people and me myself, just pointing that out so other people who posted it up gets credit as well, not that saying i want or others get some credit for it, anyone could actually make up an idea same as we did anyway.

if there was a type of mod that could do everything like the post's topic, that would be great, the only problem is modding is limited, it cannot venture too deep and literally wreck the game or entirely change how it works... or it could be?

• RogueZephyr

And thats a bad thing?

• Chris776

not a bad thing, just pointing it out, you dont have a problem with what i've said, do you?

• RogueZephyr

Not a problem as such, but I find that trying to take singular credit for an idea that multiple people have had is a little... odd.

• Chris776

im sorry im not taking any credit for the post, i am merely pointing out that the "original" poster of this thread has thought of a topic that many other people such as previous posters have already thought of the idea and was just not featured because they are flooded by the new ones, i will claim that i have flooded previous posts as well but i still look into them as deep as i can if there are any other people suggested the idea i have in mind, and if there is one i post their link and credit them for that and just add in some few of my idea that he didnt have on his post, isnt that a good thing to do?

i know a lot of people who do not search for old posts and just go and suggest what they have in mind, i dont complain about it, i am just merely pointing it out here on this post, its not that i am wanting the credit, just saying "i wanted to point it out" for others to see...

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

its not my intention to get any credit. and of course i was thiking: I bet many people already suggested some of these ideas, thats because there is a question mark in the title. uh so if someone, in the worst case, feels offended, im sorry for that. you can just mail me and i can add your already psted same idea as a link into the first post.

well ya.. i was a bit lazy to look for all threads uhm.. but my base intention was more like.. to remind developer and user again of these ideas (like.. summing up good base ideas related to house/room/building/farm expansion). cause i think these ideas sound kinda simple and should be realizble. but they are still missing in the game.

yup, there are some nice mods which can do exactly stuff like this. but someof them are not updated and still only for version 1.07, 1.1 or 1.11. and ya.. it already happened to me once that my save file was corrupted. some events couldnt take place anymore because of some mods. i still dont know the cause. but the biggest problem is: these save files will never be compatible with newer stardew versions. so.. it would be wonderful to have features as listed above (and as many others listed before me) from begin with in the game.

- but actually .. it could be a good idea to make a sticky main thread for good ideas. and every idea is categorized. so lets say... Thread name: "Big Thread of Suggestion". first post: "introduction blabla... categories: 1. Expansion (putting all good ideas about expansion into this category). 2. animals (ideas about animals). 3. character (new character idea, or something to change) etc.....

is it somehow possible to arrange something like that? of course it doesnt have to be me who starts a thread like that. and im not eve sure if normal users can create sticky posts. probably, we need some people who are active here and collect already posted ideas and credit that main thread jsut to... everyone.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
                        • Chris776

dont worry, im not upset for the people who creates a thread and then have a similar idea and topic from previous posts, it's normal because old ones are always replaced by new ones same in real life, i was just pointing it out that if you get the chance to credit someone from their idea, it would be great and respectful towards them :)

its just that a certain someone was being a smarty pants and wanted to have an argument about it and make the issue longer... well no need to turn back and make it big of an issue now.

if you have any good ideas, even though someone already have suggested it but is waaaay too far on the old posts, its alright if you cant get the chance to credit their original thread

• RogueZephyr

Whilst I appreciate your appraisal of my mental faculties Chris, I'm not sure why you needed to add that middle sentence at all. There was a reason I didn't respond to your last post, and I was happy to leave things be. As it stands though, it seems as though you are the one who wants to continue the argument and lengthen the issue. Any more jabs like that and you'll be straight on my ignore list (which I'd prefer to leave empty).

Up to you fella, but I'm not being dragged into an argument with you, no matter how much you're looking for one.