Some small concept/gameplay questions :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirMaoh, Mar 14, 2017.

1. SirMaoh

SirMaoh Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there :)

I'm really glad to see, there still are more advance wars fans besides me, I'm really looking forward to to WarGroove ! I REALLY like the art directions, the game really looks stunning! :)

As a long time advance wars fan I got some questions I couldn't find an answer for in the trailer though:

1.) Will the units have passive boosts / penalties based on which hero you have picked?
    2.) Will heroes have special (active) abilities like in advance wars?
    3.) Will you be able to capture "factories" and produce units midgame? (I've seen money in the trailer)
    4.) Will there be fog of war in the final game?

I still got countless more questions, but these are the most important ones for me xD

Jack_Kéther and Firebird Zoom like this.
    • Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hello,
      i thinks the awnsers for the first three questions are (obviously for me) :Yes
      it's the base of Advance war (and langrisser alias Warsong on sega megadrive)
      and it's an advance war like =)
      the idear of asking it never crossed my mind but that a good point, i thinks that good to clarify it with a modo awnser =)

i stick to that thread to post my questions

5.) can the game will support "touch screen"? (i'm a big traveller at foot so i can't affort to wear a computer on my back all the time)
      6.) modding; like starbound? as much as starbound? (if yes man that just awsome, but really difficult too for the modders yeah you know wargroove pixel art are way more difficult than starbound )
      7.) i see in the trailer, the game is at a pretty advanced stage, so no early acces or beta key ?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
        Firebird Zoom likes this.
      • Nth

Nth Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also curious to learn about the extent of the modding capabilities.

Can units in the game be customized in anyway?
        Can units be given their own customized names to help with organization?

Firebird Zoom and Jack_Kéther like this.
        • Hexxic

Hexxic Space Hobo

Also definately curious about question 2,

I'd definately like to know if there'll be active powers, Like the blizzard, etc.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
          • voodoozulu

voodoozulu Aquatic Astronaut

Many of the questions have been answered by this video posted below but TLDW:
            1) I don't think so, they said they wanted to avoid blanket "This unit is better" upgrades but that may mean just from the hero powers
            2) Commanders do have special abilities, they are a special unit and if that unit dies you die, the only one that has been revealed so far is the commander heals herself and adjacent allies for 2 hit points.
            3) Yes you can capture factories, it takes 1 turn if the factory has no hit points, and can't be captured by 1 unit if it does. Factories DO NOT increase income though, they only produce units.
            4) Yes

5) The game is not planned for mobile release ATM from what i can hear
            6) They mentioned starbound and modding many times so yes, many mods and custom campaigns.
            7) No early access yet.

• blueYOSHI

blueYOSHI Void-Bound Voyager

Some questions are answered here:
              5) The game is releasing on Switch as well and it got a working touchscreen, it could be possible if they implement it
              Awesome! Modding is working, im sure people will create some awesome mods, cant wait to see them!