Space Station Room Removal?

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MysticVirgo, Jun 10, 2017.

1. MysticVirgo

MysticVirgo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You gave us a Station Console, in that console why can we not edit what rooms we have? What If I make a big mistake, I'll have to make another entire space station, and redo all the work I did on my other one. My suggestion, add a undo button. We all make mistakes, a way to undo rooms or remove them in space stations would be very helpful! Not sure if you have considered this already or if someone said something. But a removal option for rooms in space stations would be very helpful. I've had to make two new space stations because of a accident of adding the wrong rooms D:!!!! (Also do colony deeds not work in the residential rooms on space stations? Just a question not a suggestion)

2. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

lol i already messed up so yes pls

3. Solinias

Solinias Void-Bound Voyager

It would be totally nice to have an undo option so long as you don't go on and build off the mistake room, I'd also vote for an option to demolish an entire space station (with two to three approval prompts) to get rid of space stations that had too many mistakes or just abandoned to make a new one.

IxFa and Quinch like this.
  4. MysticVirgo

MysticVirgo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed!

5. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Sadly, as far as I've found, the only way to undo anything in a Station is a FULL RESET (read:deleting its world file), that way you can start again, but you lose everything else....

6. macman83

macman83 Void-Bound Voyager

Also can you show the whole grid please? i hit the edge without realising.

7. thefritob

thefritob Orbital Explorer

Maybe a Hologram preview of the room you're going to create?

becster731 and seganku like this.
  8. Ryder The Novakid

Ryder The Novakid Lucky Number 13

I think space stations should at least give you 75% back to demolish.

9. Multistream

Multistream Void-Bound Voyager

How to do it "without cheating" (with cheating but actually without)
    1. Open your starbound, go to your station and write somehere on piece of paper or in txt file all the rooms you have (i have 1 big core and 4 tunnels...)
    2. Remove any furniture, storages, everything you placed on space station, or it will dissapear during space station reset.
    3. Make sure you removed everything, save game and close starbound
    4. Go to starbound/storage/ and delete unique-spacestation-*randomnumbersandletters*. Dont delete unique-spacestation_food or anything like that, delete only unique-spacestation.
    5. Open your game, load savegame.
    6. Open this https://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/generator in browser
    7. You will get empty space station, like you just set it. Open room adding menu here you can see hom much resources every room needs. So cound how much resources you have spent on deleted space station.
    8. Press enter, type /admin, use https://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/generator to get back all the resources.
    9. Now type /admin again to remove admin
    10. You have all resources you spent and a new space station. Now forget what you just done and continue playing as usuall

I recommend carefully planning space station on piece of paper because this process i showed is just pain
    EDIT: I found this space station planner https://namedfork.net/spacestationplanner/#5rW6r0. But be carefull, it does not support frackin univerce modules so dont forget to plan them manually

i dont know how to do it if you have multiply space stations
    Also there is a bug when you have 2 space station entries in your teleporter after space station reset. Just teleport from space station to itself using second entry and they will be merged.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Freakscar likes this.
  10. Goncorer

Goncorer Void-Bound Voyager

Actually it does, It just doesn't show them. R, T, Y, F, and H.

11. Multistream

Multistream Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, it actually does, but thats not convenient. At least now i know how they look like