1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

spawnitem help for mechs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Neeshka, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neeshka

Neeshka Void-Bound Voyager

Hi All,

I run vanilla starbound and play on a local server with my son. He has issues with dexterity in his hands, so normally I just set him up with an EPP with a crazy amount of protection on it. This makes it so that he still has to eat and use energy and can burn into a crispy little novakid if standing in lava for too long, but he does not have to worry about battles with creatures. It may take him some time with a starter sword (he refuses to give it up!) and no actual armor, but he gets along and takes little to no damage. The issue I am having is I cannot figure out the codes or tags for the mech parts. Either to increase the energy level or the protection levels so that he can last long enough to explore the area, or to actually have the plasma drones do their work.

It is a game we can play together, that we both enjoy, but he likes to try to do things on his own and I try to give him the tools to help him along the way.

Just a note I am not interested in mods at this time, but I appreciate any assistance!

Thank you!

D.M.G. likes this.
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

You should take a look at the official wikia, Starbounder
    It should give you basis

http://starbounder.org/Category:Mech_Arm

Also, way to go with your son, bud ^^
    It's rare, as far as I know, to see parents here

3. Neeshka

Thanks I looked all over the Wiki, the only thing that came close is for me to make my own mods. I would rather stick with vanilla right now. I did try unpacking the .pak files and look at all of the files in there to see if there was anything I could use but I could not find anything. I will keep searching thank you.

D.M.G. likes this.
  4. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

Unfortunately mech parts are coded in a very stupid way leaving no room for custom parameters. I made a quick mod to store overrides on the item themselves but you need a modified mech lua script for that to work at all.

Still have no idea why they implemented mech parts that way, seems dumb even for modders when everyone has to patch those .config files they use rather than just add new part items containing all the data.

You can still use a Rocket Spear or the new Drill Spear to get around in space without a mech by the way, though of course that leaves little reason to go there if you can't use the fancy new mech parts.

Neeshka likes this.
  5. Neeshka

Thank you for the reply Photoloss! At least I have not completely lost my mind. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Apparently I wasn't! I honestly think he will have just as much fun in space with a rocket spear :)

Thank you again!

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Don't forget the Drill spear

It's piercingly effective

7. Game_And_Glitch3

Game_And_Glitch3 Space Hobo

you can use the /admin command and use that to make the things then you can do it again to unadmin yourself
    admin gives invincibility infinite energy (not in mechs) every crafting recipe and nocost so you can do basicaly anything

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Game_And_Glitch3 This thread is over 4 years old and generally answered. Necro-posts are only allowed if the thread is still relevant and you remain on topic.

Locking it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.