Dev Blog Starbound 1.3.1 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And that's all the average player'll notice and complain about. People will explain why not, and even if the one complainer accepts it, another will appear shortly.

As it has been since forever.

Ainzoal likes this.
  2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I don't think anyone would be asking for vanity slot if we had any decent looking mech parts to begin with.

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I specifically changed the description, but then I used the mod uploader to tweak something and it decided to revert it, so...
    blame Chucklefish.
    Fixed now, though.

5. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Truth be told, with being unable to rename or redescribe stations, change the hull, or undo additions to the station, I'd just as soon build my base on a Barren plabet or something. :/ It may not be as atmospheric as a space station, and I might not be able to rename or redescribe the planet or change the gravity, but at least I can relatively inexpensively change the layout however I please.

Space stations are a good idea, but I really think their mechanics should be played with a bit more.

6. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

How about instead of "played with", we go with "ran into the ground at terminal velocity and built back up from scratch"?

7. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

I was trying not to be so harsh with it, but okay.

8. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

I just want cooler looking mechs like the Human Mech Tech , the current ones looks soo stubby ... kinda like the clown-car equivalent of mechs.

9. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

The old mechs didn't look cool at all >_> You want cool looking mechs you get the xs corporation mod

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Funny you talk about this one, there's actually a mod converting XS's mechs to fit the game's mech system x)

11. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Pretty sure it has been updated already to work with the new version anyway

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

They didn't change normal vehicles as far as I know so the XS mechs that work with a vehicle controller should still work fine with 0 changes from the previous version.

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yup they does ^^

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Best part: guess what a modularmech is classed as?

15. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Was the idea adding mech exclusive tech powers ever passed?

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

a vehicle
    But for some strange, obscure reason, my brain didn't think that "added a new vehicletype" = "fundamentally changed the vehicle system in the game engine so existing vehicle controller mods are completely incompatible with 1.3".

17. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Is it possible to turn off blue bar above my mech? Or move it under my health/energy pool instead?

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering my catvettes, I'm quite sure I know not what you mean.

19. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Good god, is anyone here actually grateful?

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Titanium: Yes. I know I am, but if I were to express it, it'd get lost in the undertow.

Tamorr likes this.