1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Intro Sheet Music?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by npingry, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Whatever you could do would be amazingly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ummm... Any piece works, but the most iconic and/or exciting would probably be best. Also, to clarify something that I previously said, the music pieces required would be:
    Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
    Violin has two subsections, the main one and the one that gets the melody a little less often.
    Also, thanks a ton for being willing to do it at all! It means a lot!

... Now that I think about it, "I Was Once the Sun" might be a good piece for my orchestra. It's exciting, so you don't have to worry about the whole "getting 45 people with musical instruments to all be really quiet at the same time" thing. :p

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  3. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

Right on. I bet this one would be pretty awesome for a live string orchestra. I will get working on it this week. I'm in the process of moving, so i can't just whip it up, might take a couple days. The good news is that I just finished my most recent project, so this arrangement can be next on my plate! I'll post a pdf of the conductor's score and a link to an audio file (just midi, for reference) when I'm done. It should only take me one session to work it out, so basically the next free night I get...

Type1Ninja and Wulf_Oman like this.
  4. Type1Ninja

It doesn't matter how long it takes, man! You're AMAZING! :rofl:
    I bet I can convince my conductor to let us play this at some point. If I ever do, I'll try to remember to post a link to a youtube video of it here. :D

5. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you a ton for posting the different sheet musics. I am gonna play this so hard for a recital it's gonna be great ahhhh so excited.

6. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

So I whipped up a lil' something for ya tonight. As promised, I give you: "I was the Sun before it was cool" for (presumably student) string orchestra in PDF and audio reference link:

https://soundcloud.com/total-listener (sorry about the low-fi midi playback heh, no time for production).

I hope you find it enjoyable and playable. Your conductor will be able to tell right away what needs to be changed to suit your specific ensemble. I'm not totally sure how it will sound in the room. The dynamics are very tentative, so if I were your conductor, I would cross out all the dynamics on the page and write my own in lol. There's a lot of pizz, so that's a possible issue, but otherwise the lines are pretty smooth and should sit ok on your instruments. Just don't forget to credit Curtis Schweitzer for the composition if you do a performance! Have fun!

Attached Files:

Type1Ninja and Curtis Schweitzer like this.
  7. Type1Ninja

:D
    :D :D :D

There is nothing else to say.

8. GLaDOS_potatoo

GLaDOS_potatoo Space Hobo

Thank you guys so much for the help! ;)

9. idroj75

idroj75 Void-Bound Voyager

Too bad there is no guitar version for these, i would love the to be able to play the menu theme and I was the sun on the guitar.