1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Starbound RP Server

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by EchoVisor, Feb 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EchoVisor

EchoVisor Big Damn Hero

Hello,

I am planning to start a Modded RP server for Starbound and I am looking for anyone 18 or older interested in joining me. To start off, here is the mudpack that we will be using for the server: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853770258

"Preface" of the campaign

(for the full, non TLDR preface {considering the full version was 1800 words}, please go to this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HO3diC0TowjrvwB8H2vpulXVoV3vMTIe2W2zs1Fybr8/edit?usp=sharing)

The Terrene Protectorate

Races: Human, Apex, Avian, Glitch, Novakid, Hylotl, Floran.

TLDR: The protectorates national goal in this campaign is quite similar to vanilla: to take out the ruin.

The Alliance (NOT to be confused with the Elithian Alliance, this is an AU for starbound.)

Races: Trink

TLDR: The Alliance is fighting against “the eldritch” and has sent ambassadors to the Protectorate to foster relations and to eventually ask for help to combat “the eldritch.” Although any additional threats of that caliber will need to be dealt with.

The Watchers (remember, AU)

TLDR: The watchers are mysterious, and their goals aren’t quite known. (AKA feel free to choose what “main threat” you wish to take care of.) (Unless it involves nuking other players...I’d prefer not having the players start wars (nuclear or otherwise) with each other’s, this is supposed to be a cooperative server.

Server Rules

1. Standard treat others as you would treat yourself.
    2. Your character must not unreasonably break character (which includes national goals.) Nor can the character be created in a way that contradicts its national goals, or actively supports the antagonistic forces in the game (read the TLDR for watchers for more details.)
    3. We will be communicating via a voice chat service (TeamSpeak, Skype, etc.) Because of this, please ensure you have the ability to use a service. If you are unable to use voice communication, please note as such in your post.
    4. The server will most likely not be up when I’m asleep, and for the record I’m in the Eastern Time Zone, so please plan accordingly.
    5. The first play through of a “main campaign quest” (such as the Floran hunt mission, or the infamous “Frozen Wastes” mission in FU) can only be done if a certain amount of people in the server are able to beat it. This amount will have to be determined once I know who and how many people will be playing.

So, how do you apply to the server?

Simple! Just post a character sheet for a new character that is formatted as follows:

1. Nation
    2. Race
    3. Objective(s): Please list your national goal(s) here and any other objectives your character may have.
    4. Personality Traits: any traits of your character that you wish to note
    5. Flaws/Quirks: any flaws/quirks of your character that you wish to note
    6. Bio (optional)

If you have any questions comments or concerns, please feel free to post them in this thread!

Sincerely,

EchoVisor

2. Jaxine

Jaxine Pangalactic Porcupine

Get anyone interested yet?

3. EchoVisor

EchoVisor Big Damn Hero

Nope, I kind of gave up a week ago, so I didn't even notice I had received a reply.

4. nekowolfboy112

nekowolfboy112 Yeah, You!

hello? is this still open?

5. FanatiG

FanatiG Void-Bound Voyager

just too many rp servers. almost 0 nonrp and thats why ppl just ignore even more rp servers(they can't play on 10 at the same time) :D

6. Kerosene_Kanine

Kerosene_Kanine Space Hobo

yo I'll join, this looks rad