Dev Blog Starbound v1.1 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Hey, everyone! It's patch day!

Version 1.1 is our first content patch since the full release of Starbound -- we've added a fishing game, item collections, Novakid villages and more! Check the changelog below for a list of major/minor changes and bug fixes, and then go relocate some Fluffalo!

Major Changes
    [​IMG]
    • Fishing
      • Two tiers of fishing rods are now craftable from the Foraging Table and can be used to fish on ocean planets (including arctic, toxic and magma oceans)
      • Added 48 unique fish types to catch
      • Rare fish can give valuable rewards, including reel and lure upgrades to enhance your fishing rod
    • Collections
      • New Collections interface tracks various kinds of collectables including captured pets, figurines, fish, cooking recipes, fossils, and bugs
    [​IMG]
    • Added the Relocator tool, which allows non-hostile creatures such as critters, fish, bugs, and farm animals to be moved
    [​IMG]
    • Added friendly Novakid villages including a variety of new Novakid-themed furniture and objects
    [​IMG]

Minor Changes & Bug Fixes
    • Saloon furniture previously sold at Frogg Furnishings is now available in Novakid villages, and has been replaced with the Pastel set (which has its own unique tenant)
    • Novakids can now be generic tenants or guards
    • Added Novakid NPC dialogue
    • Implemented party chat and local (planet) chat
    • Acid rain now applies poison instead of direct damage
    • Console objects are now available as themed tenant rewards
    • Added option for “borderless window” style fullscreen mode
    • Improved sound effects for Staff abilities
    • Improved sound effects for several unique boss weapons
    • Adjusted which bugs appear in Midnight, Mutated and Giant Flower biomes
    • Shockhopper Mk I and Dreadwing now have a chance to drop their respective action figures
    • Mother Poptops on starter worlds now drop enough Core Fragments to complete the initial gate quest
    • Added chance for Snuffish to appear in ocean biomes
    • Kelp now unlocks the Rice Cake cooking recipe when picked up
    • Reduced moon threat level from 10 to 1
    • Fixed a bug causing merchants to offer material items for free (which made them impossible to purchase)
    • Fixed several armor descriptions that didn’t fit within their tooltips
    • Fixed a bug causing fireworks to deal large amounts of damage
    • Fixed birds and other monsters spawning in the atmosphere and asteroid layers of moons
    • Made several NPC-like monsters uncapturable
    • Fixed monsters getting stuck outside arena in final arena side quest
    • Fixed friendly NPCs and monsters being damaged by environmental effects such as traps
    • Fixed a few edge cases in pathfinding
    • Fixed several items displaying erroneous recipe unlocks when obtained
    • Fixed a bug causing underwater audio filters to continue after quitting to title
    • Fixed several cases of incorrect cursors displaying over GUI elements
    • Fixed a bug in LoS calculation determining whether the player can reach objects
    • Fixed a bug causing Dreadwing’s UFO to visually flip
    • Fixed a bug causing boats to oscillate at the surface of water
    • Fixed a bug causing physics AoE effects to move projectiles
    • Wire Mode overlay is now hidden on protected tiles
    • Lots of typographical/grammatical text fixes
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Tovlyn, lordbociek, eksynn and 32 others like this.
  2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Wow you guys just dropped this bombshell on us without warning! What a pleasant surprise!

Tovlyn, tom0tomato, Godbot and 8 others like this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

YES! Friendly NPCs don't get killed to traps.

Finally, I won't see villagers and random shopkeepers in the wild committing suicide on thorny traps, barbed wire and such.

Also, yay, Acid Rain won't be so stinking overpowered now..

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

oooo... nice. Going to love filling my collection up. Hmm... Wonder if we can get an instrument collection tab in the future, as there are a lot of those. Not really overly fond of fishing, but doesn't mean I won't do it... I would more likely go digging up bones. :nurutease:

Good to see novakids finally getting a village to find. Only briefly checked the collections screen last night on unstable. I really like the look of it, and like I said, will enjoy fleshing it out. Great work, and will see what I can find. :nuruawe:

5. Kane_HUN

Kane_HUN Aquatic Astronaut

Space cowboys are now a proper thing!

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So anyways, suggestion?

Could we get some way to filter the Pixel Printer now that we have MOAR STUFF to scan?

Doing /admin while opening the Printer sends your framerate into the single digits because there's just too much junk. Could we maybe get a Replicator-style Pixel Printer where you can change addons to shorten the lists a bit?

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

glad to see this re-implemented. In fact, everything in this update is great. Keep up the good work, guys!

8. Maikoa

Maikoa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for bringing back planet chat. Hopefully now the riots will end and people will settle down.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Novakid villages???!! This almost makes up for everything!

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

Question. Do starbound updates often break mods? I think mine are fine, since none of it conflicts with the added stuff, but I'll have to test to be sure...

Reythia and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Mighty fine.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. februaryInk

februaryInk Tentacle Wrangler

All very nice features. Now I can finally get that darn chicken off my ship.

13. davidlolcat

davidlolcat Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is awesome! Thanks Starbound Team!

I think fluffalo should poop. As in periodically add poop objects around them. Then villagers could clean it up by putting it in designated trash bins (containers with trash label maybe?). This would farm life feel more complete. Haha.

Nancok and tom0tomato like this.
  14. SpikeX

SpikeX Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sometimes I do feel lonely in my universe tho :(

Mariel141 likes this.
  15. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

>Starbound update dropping right before I leave for work. le sigh.

At least it'll be there for tonight.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Fushia

Fushia Void-Bound Voyager

I can't play in multiplayer anymore, everytime I try to enter the server I receive the message : Fail to read full Buffer in readFull.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Crixalis

Crixalis Master Chief

Great job as always, SB Team! :3
    Love every single feature, gonna be hunting down all da pets to complete my pet collection.
    Now its pretty much Starbound GO haha

Flake13 and Axe Garian like this.
  18. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Just made a new character for FU mod. I put too much work into to reset the Universe to get Novakids to spawn, hopefully while playing naturally I will get to see them on unexplored planets. Collecting will be fun though may I also suggest adding a way to tell which Codex entries you are missing? Don't necessary have to spoil the titles, just leave a blank spot with "???" in it until you find the codex. Anyway great stuff.

Nos37 and Axe Garian like this.
  19. dekar_serverbot

dekar_serverbot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if i say what i think... i could get banned, so short version:

-Good stuff
    * Novakid villages
    * Poptop does not longer require extra minning
    * Fixed a few edge cases in pathfinding (does this mean Dreadwing no longer had his new blind spots that came with 1.0?)
    * 5 bug fixes

-Bad stuff
    * fishing, like if the game was not boring enough

-WORST STUFF
    * No "we fixed the FPS issue" comment
    * Race selection still means you can only be novakid or human, other races are human clones
    * Unique weapon race crafting has not returned yet

Flake13, Omegagreen, Ankali and 6 others like this.
  20. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

Damn, I was in the middle of Frackin Universe too. Could've waited until at least another Dungeon + Planet + Tier 7 has been prepared(in vanilla) before releasing this patch for more vanilla goodness.

Edit:
    That's Racist.