Stardew Valley on tablet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm considering buying Mum this game for Mother's Day, because I think that she might like it as well.

But she doesn't play games on the computer, only her tablet. Is it possible to download and play SDV on a tablet?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

It might be! That would depend on the OS the tablet is operating under and if you can use a thumb drive or USB to install the game onto it. I would guess the tablet would have to have a Windows or Linux or Mac based OS to run the game. Android, etc, wouldn't work.

EDIT: Quick check of likely tablet OS's seems to show your only real shot is if the tablet in question is running under MS Win 8/8.1, which indicates it can run most Windows applications. If the tablet is under a different OS, then you're probably out of luck.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
      • Charity322

Damn. I'm pretty sure she's on Android. Thanks anyway.

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If its a surface tablet works with no issues at all.

• damiengajda

damiengajda Intergalactic Tourist

I play it on my android device, but I don't know if the way to do it would work for your mum.

To do this the way I have you need an nvidia gtx 660 graphics card or higher in your PC and you need to open the geforce experience software and enable nvidia gamestream.

On your android tablet/phone you need to download an app called moonlight.

The PC and the tablet/phone need to be on the same network. Having both wired to the network with an ethernet cable will give the best results, wireless can have issues. But feel free to test on your own wireless before buying an adapter for the tablet/phone, it might work fine for you, it does for me.

Now you need to open steam on the PC. Then open moonlight on the tablet/phone and you will see your PC. Select it and it will load your steam library, just like a steam link does.

I personally use a Bluetooth gamepad paired to my tablet which is on a wireless connection. My PC is wired, and I get no lag or stutters at all.

There are also ways to get it to work when you're away from home but I think this reply is long enough.

Like I said this may not be the right way to go about it for your mum, but it's an option that you may not have known about.

• Charity322

Thanks, but I ended up using this.

http://remotrapp.com/

Seems to work ok, but she's been in hospital so hasn't been able to test it out much.

• damiengajda

damiengajda Intergalactic Tourist

Ah sorry to hear about that.

That software looks interesting! There wasn't anything like that around when I set mine up. Just curious as to how well it runs when you're away from home, is there any lag?

• Charity322

Never tried it away from home. The farthest distance would be from the bedroom to the lounge. :rofl: I wasn't sure if it would work at all beyond the home wifi distance.