RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

@RendHeaven - I probably should have added the functionality to delete a file if necessary. Click the button to go to the mod folder, find the mod and delete it. Then refresh the list. I'll add a delete ability in the next update.

• RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

@NewSpecies Is it the one in %appdata%\Roaming\StardewValley\SVPM\Mod folder?

How do I refresh the list?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^That's it. After you delete the mod(s), Hit the 'Refresh' button.
        Image 004 2016 10 20.png

• RendHeaven

@NewSpecies

When I try to put active mods to inactive mods like the latest "Chests Anywhere" or "Monster Health", it doesn't remove the ".dll" file from my %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods. I noticed that the "manifest.json" is the one causing this.

Is there a workaround for this? Is it safe to re-compress the zip file and remove the "manifest.json"?

• NewSpecies

Does it still not do it after you've launched? When you switch items from active to inactive, and vice versa. It only does the processing just before the program it launched. That's when inactive dll's that were recently active are disabled.

• RendHeaven

Okay so for some reason I found the cause of this. There is this error in the JJB Mod that the SVPM Console Output produces. Yeah I just removed the folder and its perfectly working again! Thanks for the reply. :catface:

• NewSpecies

Updated v1.13 (Download Through Update)

I was informed by Pathoschild that SMAPI 1.0 will only use one DLL mod path. So the program was updated to reflect those changes, as well as copy over any pre-existing DLL's configs and files to the "StardewValley\Mods\" folder. SMAPI functionality should work before and after the updates. So, no worries there.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Okay I am having difficulty with the manager, and @Entoarox's framework and ALL mods. I put Framework to be loaded first before ALL and it still loads ALL first and fails because it doesn't find Framework. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

• NewSpecies

Okay, I can see what you mean. So, how does the framework normally work? SVPM's exchange with SMAPI is just to offload the DLL's in to the /Mods/ folder. However, It looks like SMAPI just loads mods in alphabetical order. Which means any mod using the framework that starts with A-D will load before EF's events are registered.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'll ask around and get back to you.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The EF zip file contains a ! in both the directory name and the zip name, making it get loaded at the highest priority.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                      • Ladysarajane

Thanks....I appreciate it. :) I know I need both of Entoarox's mods for a few of the mods I am running. I am unsure of how they work.

@Entoarox, I thought it should too, but for some reason the packager isn't loading it first.

Okay...looking at my mod folders. When packager extracted the files it deleted the ! symbol making it load later. Also package manage extracted it to the Steam Stardew valley folder and Not to the "%appdata%/roaming/stardewvalley/mod folder.
                        I added the ! the folder name and now it is loading correctly from the Steam Folder. Is packager suppose to extract the files to both locations?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
                        • NewSpecies

@Ladysarajane, For now, just rename the EntoaroxFramework folder in the mods directory with the prefix "!", then disable the mod in SVPM so it doesn't load the same mod twice. I'll see if there is a way to detect these symbols so priority is put in place, and make an update when possible.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                          • Ladysarajane

Thanks. I found that while Package manager puts a folder with the mod name in the Steam mod folder, the mod is not there, it is an empty folder. The mod is still in the appdata folder where it belongs. So I copied Framework to the Steam mod folder and properly named it, and now I am back up and running until it is updated. Thank you, I love Package Manager. :)

• NewSpecies

The newest version of the program should have moved the DLL's over to the StardewDirectory out of AppData for the upcoming SMAPI 1.0. Which will discontinue checking the AppData folder.

Glad you like it. :)

• NewSpecies

There is an error that occurs when installing the new SMAPI. This appears to be happening because the program searches out to find the Modding API, and accidentally tries to install the new linux binary one by mistake. I'm a little busy at the moment but I'll release a patch at some time. If you want to get all this running right away, you can install the program manually.

https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/

Download version 1.0, and copy the contents of the windows release to your StardewValley folder (gog or steam).

Ladysarajane likes this.
                                • NewSpecies

Made an update to fix the issue with installing SMAPI 1.0. Now it gives you a selection menu for either the windows or linux (mono) version.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                                  • Ladysarajane

I have SVPM 1.1.4 installed. I skipped over beta Smapi 1.0 and installed 1.1.1 via SVPM. When I loaded up, I found that I couldn't get into my extended shed. Come to find out that the Entoarox's Framework folder was empty. (It was installed manually and was working, prior to Smapi update. Thought I was crazy. Reinstalled it manually and ran SVPM and again Framework came up missing. Looked at the folder and again it was emptied. Ran SMAPI through it's own API and It found Framework and rewrote the config for Framework. Ended the session without problems and looked at the folder and Framework was intact. Ran SDV via SVPM and Framework seem to be running fine now, but I noticed for the first time, that my other mods had no configs. Shut it down and looked at the mods, and found ALL my config files were gone in all my mods. I restarted them and as I used them I repopulated the configs and now the game is running
                                    Pathoschild states that SMAPI 1.1.1 wouldn't erase configs. Only thing I can think of is that after I installed SVPM 1.1.4 that when the mods were moved to the Steam Mod folder, that it didn't move the config files, (but I don't know what happen to framework as it isn't listed in SVPM), and I hadn't noticed it because I was distracted with cramming for an Amateur Radio test and hadn't really had time for SDV.
                                    Has this happened to anyone else? Why would it delete the contents of a mod file if it couldn't find a config as in the case of Framework? Why would it delete other configs? I am assuming it was SVPM because my mods had been in the %appdata% folder and now they are in the Steam mod folder, so I am assuming they were moved by SVPM with the last update.

• NewSpecies

Thanks for letting me know of this. I checked over the moving code, and it shouldn't have taken file extensions in to account. So if the copy was successful, it should have copied over everything including all .json files. If there was a copy failure it would have left the files still in the %AppData%/StardewValley/Mods folder.

Was anything left behind, and are you still having this problems? Or was it only after the moving of ModDLL folders?

Edit: Okay, I found the issue. It might have been SVPM doing it, but it was for a reason I completely did not expect. When SVPM loads it resolves a lot of the paths (like turning %AppData% in to an actual system path). When a new version of SMAPI (or any API is installed), it runs this process again. Trying to copy files from a resolved path to an unresolved path. I'm not sure how it would react to that copy. In essence it kept doing the copy operation every time SMAPI was updated, which should have been avoided if only I moved two lines of code one line up. So, I'll be patching that in a few minutes. Hopefully, that will fix it. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, and my sincere apologies for any problems this might have caused you.

Keep me posted on if that fixes the issue.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
                                      • Ladysarajane

Not a problem...just thought I was crazy for a bit. At first I thought updated Smapi was the culprit. I do have a request. Is there a possibility of adding a link in SVPM in the Directory section to the %appdata% folder? I know it isn't important since mods had moved, but I like a link to look at my log file if it is possible. I will let you know if I have any more problems with SVPM. I am glad you were able to fix it so fast and understand what I was saying about it.

• Ladysarajane

I actually had another problem. I use Lookup Anything by Pathsochild. I tried to go from 1.6 to 1.7. I uninstalled 1.6 and installed 1.7, and I had problems with it. Apparently SVPM wasn't extracting everything to the mod folder. I had to extracted it myself. I also had to add a new empty folder to the %appdata% mod folder for it to run the mod. This was even with SVPM updated. I tried just running Lookup Anything just through the SMAPI API, but it wouldn't run. I am not sure if SVPM install of SMAPI affected it, but why would it run Framework and not Lookup Anything. Just weird.

Anyways with the addition of the empty folder, now everything seems to be happy once again and I am able to play.