1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

UPDATE 1/31: The patch is now live - details here.

Hello everyone,

We're still closely monitoring for bugs and issues which console players may be seeing.

We can gather logs from crashes (and are doing so), but to look at a log for an issue it's extremely helpful to have the date/time you saw the crash - it makes the specific log much easier to identify (real date/time and timezone, not Stardew Valley time). Please include when the crash happened in your reports if possible!

Here's a list of issues which we've identified since launching the PS4 and XB1 versions. If you're having a problem in this list marked 'need more details' it would be helpful to provide more info - we're still working on reproducing/determining a cause for these issues. If your issue isn't listed here then please be as detailed as possible reporting it so we can review. Always check you have the newest game/system updates before reporting an issue to make sure it hasn't already been fixed!

Color Key:
    Fixed - This issue should be resolved in the recent bugfix patch
    In Develop - Fixed or have a solution in development for a future update.
    Need More Details - We're aware of the issue, but don't yet have enough information to reproduce/fix

• (Fixed) Periodic hitching and freezes.(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Fixed crash sleeping on 3rd or 4th day when playing with OS in non-English languages (German, Portuguese).(PS4)
    • (Fixed) Junimo harvesters not path finding.(XB1)
    • (Fixed) About button (?) to be unclickable during main menu transitions.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Crash when sleeping if you built a Junimo Hut and the Witch visits you.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Crash when sleeping that would prevent a player from advancing past year 1, day 28.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Moved in some HUD elements that were too close to the edge of the screen.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Incorrect tool hit location in some situations.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Toolbar becoming stuck partially transparent.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (Fixed) Some cases of the game becoming stuck after using “Exit to Title”.(PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Special characters can cause crashes in name/farm name (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Cursor disappears in Joja Store menu (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Missing heart character in font (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Share overlay image in PS4 streams (PS4)
    • (In Develop) Non-core HUD elements clipped on some TVs (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Crash before saving at shipping screen (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Crashes when purchasing/hatching a blue chicken (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Exit to title then starting new game carries over some unlocks (PS4)(XB1) (update)
    • (In Develop) Journal scroll bar crashing (PS4)(XB1)
    • (In Develop) Crashes while loading save files (XB1) (post addressing this)(update)(LATEST update)
    • (In Develop) Return to title after loading save file (XB1) (update)(LATEST update)
    • (In Develop) Crash when speaking the Gunther (XB1)(update)
    • (In Develop) Incorrect item sprites (XB1)(update)
    • (In Develop) Crash when walking over specific tile/area (PS4)(XB1)(update)
    • (Unrelated) PS4 Pros sometimes don't rest properly after playing (PS4) (post addressing this)(update)(update)(LATEST update)
    • (Reproduced) Museum bottom row overlap issues with inventory window (PS4)(XB1)(PC)
    • (Reproduced) Unpassable fertilizer object (PS4)(XB1)
    • (Investigating) Geode duplicate rewards - Sometimes geodes produce the same mineral reward many times in a row (PS4)(XB1)
    • (Investigating) Quests sometimes ask players to perform 0 actions with 0g reward (PS4)(XB1)
    • (Need More Details) Audio Cutoff Issues (PS4)
    • (Need more Details) Child aging issue (PS4)(XB1)
    The plan right now is to release another update in January to address as many of these issues as we can, but we'll need player reports to be as detailed as possible in order to properly identify/fix these bugs.

We're going to continue monitoring, so please provide details for any issues you may run into! Thanks guys!!

Update: Please see this post for details and the latest update if you're having issues loading Xbox save files.

While we're still working to address PS4 rest issues, @Bousf has made an excellent thread with some potential workarounds and details. We'll be sure to update here as soon as we have any clear information.

Update #2: This post details the actual changelog for the patch, it's currently being reviewed and tested. It should be available for download by February 1st.
    Update #3: PS4 Pro rest issues have been identified as a system software bug, and are unrelated to Stardew Valley. Sony has said they'll be providing a fix in an upcoming software update. Thanks a bunch to everyone who has helped diagnose this issue!

Update #4: This patch update is live - details here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • unassuminglocalguy

unassuminglocalguy Lucky Number 13

Howdy! Heres a strange glitch, its only happened in the fall, though, and im unsure if it's game breaking, but when changing screens from the farm, to the bus stop area, and then back, causes the character to become stuck on an invisible wall, without being able to move. However on screen the character is still able to wiggle around, as if still walking.

• unassuminglocalguy

unassuminglocalguy Lucky Number 13

Never mind all that, after some further investigation, it turns out the invisible wall was a weed that was concealed off screen that grew in the path of the entryway that you get stuck on. Whoopsie doopsies.

BondN8810, Meeshmeh and xPhasezoid like this.
        • Xboxusersad

Xboxusersad Space Hobo

I'm in Year 2 Summer 3rd day. I can walk around the game world and seemingly interact just fine with NPC's. I cannot go to the centre of my farm where my crops are because the game freezes and then takes me back to the dashboard (Xbox One). The only thing I have in the farm are a few Rarecrows, second-tier sprinklers, and around 140 misc. summer seeds. I can walk and interact with other objects but it seems whenever I get close to my farm it freezes and crashes.

sniperkiki, Hades7677 and Vril like this.
          • Katzeus

Could you give the date/time when you had one of these crashes?

• BuenoBangz

BuenoBangz Void-Bound Voyager

XBOX ONE

so ive been noticing that sometimes when i go to sleep that my energy bar does not replenish, itll stay at the exact same level. It has nothing to do with anything i do in game. pretty sure its a bug. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

• Igsfire

Igsfire Seal Broken

Game won't load save
                Xbox one
                20Th of spring year 2
                24 hours and 17 mins

• Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bugs that I'm still getting on a standard PS4 system:

-Sometimes when I'm farming, my character will suddenly go through the front door of the house even when I'm nowhere near the house. I believe the invisible cursor is hovering over the door when this happens, and it is sending me inside as though I'm standing right against the door.

-Sound effects glitch out -- they stop playing in full, or get hung in weird loops -- which seems to be tied to the music suddenly cutting off. I've had the music cut off at random -- when farming, when at the shipping container, when fishing, when running through town. There's no rhyme or reason. The one thing that is always constant is, after it happens, the sound sliders in the options menu no longer control the correct sound feeds. "Music" stops controlling music volume, which somehow becomes connected to the "Sound" slider instead. Happens 100% of the time after the music suddenly stops. I also get a bug where the music will play for a few seconds and then immediately begin to repeat from the beginning.

-Still get random hitching while moving through the game world.

I've started an entire thread devoted to this, but I guess I'll address it here too: this should really be re-examined, as literally the only HUD elements that have been sorted out are the main HUD elements seen during on-going gameplay. Any messages that pop up near the side of the screen -- such as tutorial messages, "Inventory Full", "A train is passing through Stardew Valley", pick-up indicators -- are still affected by overscan, as are the end of day results (when you click on a + sign to read the in-full details of what you've sold).

Really what should be done, for PS4, is making the game compatible with Sony's in-built over-scan scaling options. Final Fantasy XV was recently patched to be compatible with the PS4's over scan options, so surely it's possible for Stardew Valley as well?

Katzeus likes this.
                  • Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you staying up until 1 AM? I know that the energy bar doesn't replenish if you go to sleep between 1 AM and 2 AM.

• squeakyferret

squeakyferret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm seeing game saves that were created after the recent patch that suddenly now won't load - they crash to title. I have a save on 13 Spring year 1 that suddenly now won't load: it loads the controller diagram, and the "Loading..." message, then quits to title.

This is in an XBox One install. I have one other game save as well. It is also created after patch 1. That one loads.

Before Patch 1, I had two game saves. These two saves exhibited the bug of sharing the unlocked elevator levels. I'm not sure if they shared the elevator levels before Patch 1, or only after. I didn't check this before patch 1.

I deleted both these saves after I discovered the shared elevator levels, and started two new saves. It is one of these new saves that is now corrupted and won't load.

Since discovering the bug with the shared elevator levels, I have been exiting to the Dashboard and exiting the game that way instead of exiting to Title, as I had read that this might somehow prevent this issue. But I don't know if that's true. I never got far enough in either save to test this theory out.

I am now keeping to just one save only, in hopes of simply being able to progress through the game without my save being corrupted. I don't know if this is specifically related to having multiple saves or not. But I'm trying anything I can at this point.

The first time we noticed the game crashing to title on load was Dec 22, between 3 and 6 p.m. PST (sorry can't be more precise)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                        Katzeus likes this.
                      • Matiasmeb

Matiasmeb Seal Broken

I cant loading my game. He returns to title. Help Please.

jccastel, Hades7677 and snorlax509 like this.
                        • Katzeus

Thanks for these reports.

I should also clarify, the date/time we need to reference crash logs is planet earth time, not Stardew Valley time. I'll update the original post in case that wasn't clear.

Right, I'm aware of that thread. I should make a separate bullet point for outstanding HUD elements to make it clear that isn't 'solved'. I know some elements are being worked on, but reporting any you find is still helpful!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                            Timedye likes this.
                          • Xboxusersad

Xboxusersad Space Hobo

December 12th 2016, multiple times between 4pm-8pm EST

Albynoman likes this.
                            • Matiasmeb

Matiasmeb Seal Broken

I play x box one. I cant loading my game because he back for title. I AM year 2 day 14 Summer. I News help.

• FinnyLFC

FinnyLFC Aquatic Astronaut

My PS4 keeps crashing after the 2nd year. I'm in winter now and ever let's say 3 days or so the game would crash and i'm at the point were i'm farming, Trying to get the scrolls to unlock the Darwf shop, I got the scroll I needed after about 3 in-game days of farming.

Anyways as I went to bed the game crashed. I am using English as main langue on PS4, and have the latest update.

I was told to post this here...

My OG thread http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/ps4-crashing-2nd-year.128060/#post-3079602

• Igsfire

Igsfire Seal Broken

My crash to title occurred 12/22 at 3PM ish PST

• Igsfire

Igsfire Seal Broken

So I tested my other saves and come to find out, it is only my save in year two that has has the crash to title issue. Both of the other saves are currently in spring year 1.

jccastel, RoAwakening and FinnyLFC like this.
                                    • Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The "(Need More Details) PS4 Pros sometimes don't rest properly after playing (PS4)" isn't entirely correct. That happens as well as the PS4 Pro not shutting down correctly and other games not being able to start at all. It's probably all related but just fyi.

Also it always happens when playing for an hour or two, quitting to the menu, closing the application and then trying Rest, Shutdown or a different game. It should be rather simple to replicate. Thanks!

Pixelpaj likes this.
                                      • snorlax509

snorlax509 Space Hobo

Playing on the Xbox one my game crashes when I try to load my game. I get the controller screen when it's trying to load then crashes. I was in my first year fall either 3rd or 4th day.

• TrustyMark

TrustyMark Lucky Number 13

I have an interesting issue, on the Xbox One. When applying fertilizer to some tiles, a bag of fertilizer will go on the ground and I can no longer pick it up. Nor can I maintain any plants or interact with the tiles. Attached is a screenshot, showing two instances (one behind corn, another behind the silo). Both were applied in fall, although I didn't notice the one behind the silo immediately. [​IMG]

Pchmse69, sarahweston and orx24 like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.