1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosiel

rosiel Space Hobo

I and my family all are playing this game in the xbox we fight for time to play after more than 20hour of game all the saves just gone i exit for my sister play and whem she load her save gone so i try my save and he gone too i try re sinc and nothing its much time to sinple lost you need to see this im my opinion the save its the most important think you need to fix

• GIANTBOWSER

GIANTBOWSER Space Spelunker

Just noticed this on my PS4: holding a direction while opening the menu during a festival causes player to continue moving in direction pressed until you exit the menu.

• faythkittie

faythkittie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a similar issue with my ps4. I have just a few bundles left in my community center, but the game will only let me place the first row of items, the second row is completely inaccessible. I haven't changed any settings in my game and everything has been updated. Not sure what else I could do.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

The save files are associated with a profile on your Xbox. Try signing out of all profiles, and then sign back in just with the profile that had your saves.

I'm checking to see if I can reproduce this on my end. While you wait for a fix, as a workaround, you can go into the options menu and disable "controller-style menus" to switch the cursor back to its old smooth movement mode.

• texanamarama

texanamarama Space Hobo

I'm playing on PS4 and I can't put any items in the animal bundle of the pantry for the community center. Help?

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

Just wanted to say that I have been able to play my longest stretch without the rest mode issue on PS4 pro. I have played about 14 in-game days over the course of about a week real time without any issue. Seems the issue may be resolved for me.

• lightfamer2008

lightfamer2008 Space Hobo

I bought stardew Valley for Xbox One and for some reason it will not save a game at all it says that it is auto-saving and then when we turn the Xbox off and then restart it it's like we never even played the game at all

• wildfire412001

wildfire412001 Space Spelunker

ok i dont have a lot of time so here goes. bought digital for xbox one, played for a month or so til i got the community bundles locking game up. couldnt find any help or workarounds. shelved it again until i saw an update so bought a disk version thinking that might help things (tried to get refund from xbox, chucklefish with no luck). Whenever i would be in community center and try to add a bundle or even the little box on side of inventory the game locked up. now the buttons in comm center are no longer interactive, specifically aquarium, eel and tuna and safe, all but cheapest one.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

@texanamarama, @wildfire412001, would you be able to try going into the options menu, turning off "controller-style menus," and reporting back whether that works around your issues?

@wildfire412001 Had you placed any items into those bundles before the January 31st patch? (If you didn't get the game until after Jan 31st, you'd already have the patch.)

• faythkittie

faythkittie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That worked for me as a workaround, thanks.

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

Not a game breaker, because I can always sell the animal – prior to the June console patch, I could disable animals from birthing children. I am no longer able to toggle this option.
                        Has anyone else noticed this issue?

(XONE)

• bekkap8

bekkap8 Big Damn Hero

does anyone know how to attach bait to the fishing rod on xbox? i didnt see this posted earlier, unless i totally missed it.

• Schmoopiepoopie

Schmoopiepoopie Space Spelunker

Select it in your inventory, press X over your fishing pole. It wouldn't have been posted in a post about bugs and known issues. Check the support community and do a search. :)

• SirSqu

SirSqu Space Hobo

Hello, these are the things I have noticed so far.

1. No way to "aim" the fishing rod. (In the PC version I could press the WASD keys to change the casting location to hit the little bubble spots, with the console version I can only shoot strait out)

2. Animals not gaining love? (this might just be my impatiens but I have had these chicks for half an in game year and they have not added any hearts. Though I have fed them heating and petted when I can remember.

I hope these are both just me not doing something right and if so sorry for posting in the wrong section!

• Schmoopiepoopie

Schmoopiepoopie Space Spelunker

1. You can get it to drift to the side like putting English on a pool ball. Just use the directional toggle just before casting.

2. Make sure that you're letting them out of the coop and barn. You can raise love much more quickly letting them free range feed on grass growing on your property.

SirSqu likes this.
                                • SirSqu

SirSqu Space Hobo

I was not as clear as I should have been earlier, I have tried every button and joystick on my controller during, before and after casting no luck. As for the animals, I think that's just me and my lack of practices, we will see.

• Eldachleich

Eldachleich Master Chief

I'm having an issue where crafting recipes aren't showing up in the menu. Specifically the lamp posts. I've bought all the recipes from Robin but have no option to craft them.

I'm on ps4.

Edit - It seems to have fixed itself. Not sure how but the option to craft them is now in the menus.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
                                    • 80xer5antar05

80xer5antar05 Space Spelunker

Hey
                                      Was thinking about buying Stardew Valley from the Playstation Store as it's on sale ATM for $11.95AUD for my PS4 Pro but having some second thoughts after reading this issue

So after firmware 4.73 which was just released it still hasn't fix it?

If you close the game after playing it does it still cause the issue?

Bit confused if I should buy it or not

• @cat

@cat Master Chief

do not buy it till everything fixed. they asked our problem on other thread month ago still not a word.
                                        dont think those new firmware can fix it at all. yes, close the game and goes to rest mode still cause the issue.

• 80xer5antar05

80xer5antar05 Space Spelunker

What happens if you don't use rest mode or close game off before using rest mode?

Still issues?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.