1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starfoundry Re-Coded BETA-0.0.1

Updating starfoundry to the newer version of starbound!

1. rater193

rater193 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks, i already talked to him and received permission, i didn't want to start on the mod and possibly make him mad, that's why i waited until i had permission.

renbear likes this.
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I can pretty well see both sides.

1. A mod author's will should be respected. For that reason I don't utilize any assets that are marked anything but free use. I could only assume the reasons for not having open permissions would be concerns over someone claiming your work as their own, or releasing a nearly identical fork - perhaps of a lower quality or undesirable direction not to mention being incompatible with your own. I think that mostly flies out the window once you've abandoned the mod(s), but still I think a mod's will should be respected.

2. Letting that mod go to waste > 2 years is kinda dumb and wasteful. Not all would agree, but I can't see why a mod author would be happier with his assets going to waste in this manor... thus all my mods will always have open permissions with the simple exception that mods utilizing it should also have open permissions. If the mod author was easy to reach for permission, then this point is null.

The ideal would be the original mod authors(a team I believe) agree to let it go free use.

3. rater193

i agree

4. BadShaddy

BadShaddy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did a little test with magnets, I had a Error: "Fatal Exception caught: (objectexception) unknown objecttype 'wire' constructing object 'ptmagnetblocknegstrong'

I guess I'll try something else.

Oh the many power generators don't seem to work, but at least they can be placed ^^'

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  5. rater193

yeah, im re-writing everything, but not going to publish it until i get a working version

6. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

how's it coming, rater? i'm excited to try it out :D.

7. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

I am super excited for this to be released. Keep up the good work. :)

8. Phaser Rave

Phaser Rave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I crafted a battery, and when I clicked it in my inventory the game crashed.

9. BreakingForce

yeah, the old code was buggy, so rater is recoding it from scratch. i'd not use till he gets a working version uploaded

Phaser Rave likes this.
  10. Patople

Patople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is the mod incompatible with any mod?

11. FuzionReaktor

FuzionReaktor Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to bother/necro, but is this still in progress or has it been abandoned?

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

Hope they revive this for the new release.

13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Someone told me that this is being worked on to work with 1.0... Was I misinformed?

14. Sxsxarael

Sxsxarael Aquatic Astronaut

In the other Starfoundry thread, Nirahiel said he took over and will work on it.

15. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can anyone tell me if the mod works for 1.0, I really like the mod and would like to try it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Can
    you post a link?

16. Sxsxarael

Sxsxarael Aquatic Astronaut

It's not updated for 1.0
    The other thread is in the 'Outdated Mods' section.

17. BreakingForce

yeah, one of the original authors is taking it over, but will be changing the name of the mod to avoid confusion and permissions. check the discussion on the original starfoundry page. i dunno if rater is still even working on this, since he's gone silent for about 3.5 months. if so, maybe he'd like to see if the author who's taking over the original sf would like to/ be able to reuse some of his code and/or work together in some fashion?

18. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I just posted in the original Starfoundry thread, but I'll post here too - is there any chance of this moving forward? I feel like this stalled because of the original mod supposedly restarting, but it turns out that appears to have been a non-starter. There is a lot of apparent interest in this mod, is there still any interest in making this happen?

Thanks!

20. VoidByte

VoidByte Space Hobo

Cant try it, because the mod is not longer stored on MEGA. Means: Link down