1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

Can't say it won't be. If Sayter deems StardustLib to open up further development ideas it may very well become a dependency. If not pre packed into FU. In which case you would just need to make an FU compat patch for your mod.

2. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

...I don't think packing it in would be a good idea >.> kind of runs counter to the whole idea of a library mod!

Ledhead likes this.
  3. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Any plans to add import and export buses?

4. zetaPRIME

Soon as I figure out how I want to implement them, performance-wise.

5. Ledhead

Smarter option then would make an addon for FU which patch's your mod and ammend the lib as a requirement thus keeping the players freedom to choose alive.

Sent from Sony Xperia Z5, using Tapatalk.

6. zetaPRIME

...huh?

7. Ledhead

Packing the lib yea bad plan, messing up your power ideas also bad plan. So best way to resolve conflicts my be too create a new addon mod for Frackin Universe which relies on your mod and patches what needs patching. Then that leaves it up the player if they want to sub to it or not.

Sent from Sony Xperia Z5, using Tapatalk.

8. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

I'm loving this mod! I'm spending a lot less time sorting things.

Is there any way to have items sorted, in the terminal, in some order other than by how many of them there are? It would be really nice if they could be sorted by which storage chip they're on, or by category of item, or something.

9. zetaPRIME

Not yet, but I'm thinking of having at least alphabetical sort at some point.

10. zetaPRIME

Holy crepes, this hit the #1 spot on the Workshop frontpage!

11. Ledhead

No $hit ;), this mod is just about perfect better, even Sayter the dev of Frackin recommends this.

I have a couple questions since documentation on the project is near non-existent (yes I am aware you want to document it but dev work comes first) , and a few ideas lets start with the first :)

Questions
    • I take it discs in the storage drive if given the same label as the storage bus the items from said chest will go into that disk?
    • Priority.... What the heck does this do?
    • Transmitter Network 'Take All' button.... you guessed it.. what the heck does this do?
    • Terminal 'Bottom Left List Button' yep more of the same sorry :(... what does it do? (currently nothing as far as I can tell just brings up an empty translucent window)
    Ideas
    • Disc Naming - Prio #1 (I did read this suggested before)
    • Disc Preview - if does not exist we gotta know whats on that disc man...
    • Network Sorting - does it exist? maybe I miss use the filter system
    • Sorting Filters- forget about sorting alphabetical button give us item category sort listings please I BEG OF YOU ( actually this could be Prio #2 on my list, we need to be able to filter by item type in the terminal.)
    • Can you consider integration of Improved Containers into the terminal (this actually would be better than the idea of alphabetical sorting it does not have to be able to rename but the sort functionality and deposit more of the same buttons are delightful)

I think that is about it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  12. zetaPRIME

...uh, that's not how filters work? at the moment nothing pulls unless the terminal prompts it to
    as for priority, things with higher priority will be considered first for putting in, last for taking out; having a stack of the item in question gives an implicit priority of 1,000,00 and having a filter set gives another 2,000,000 (...I think? might have those backwards)
    ignore the controller being a container, that's just there so it won't disappear if I decide it needs to be one for some reason later >.>
    the "list" button is just extended description pane, since the scroll area moves *seven lines* with a single scrollwheel click

preview? can just toss it in an otherwise-empty network...?
    sorting... in what way? there's no inherent order given to anything on this, the item list is just sorted by the terminal UI.
    quick stack planned within the next couple releases (restricted to what the terminal shows so that you can filter what you stack in!)

Ledhead likes this.
  13. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Do the tags need to be capitalized? I put @crafting as a filter for a drive and set the priority to 1, but when i put some silicon boards or whatever they are called, it just went to a different drive instead of the one with the @crafting filter.

14. zetaPRIME

For those, #reagent should work?

15. zetaPRIME

16. Ledhead

I could.. but what if I wanted to give it to somebody else and didn't want to setup an empty network just too load it up?.. For example what if I had three or four discs and I just wanted to know what they were. In some sense being able to name them would be good enough for me and everyone else I could live with that.

17. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doesn't AE have a sort of mini-system chest that you can slot one drive into, and access the drive's contents? If that's doable in StarBound, it might be a good solution.

18. zetaPRIME

19. Erzoid

Erzoid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For some reason all my stuff gone while I tried to retrieve diamonds inside the storage chips. It is possible to get my stuff back?

20. zetaPRIME

...uh, pastebin the log when it does that. I don't know what's going on if I can't see what the game is saying about it.