1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. Mantoron

Mantoron Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like an idiot now. Thank you for helping.

2. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Hi hi! I just wanna let you know there's a small bug with the new version - clicking once on an item in the terminal automatically picks up a stack of those items {i.e. holding them}. Each subsequent click {while holding the original stack} transfers a stack to the inventory.

Edit: Actually, it seems to keep picking up the same item until the dialogue is closed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  4. zetaPRIME

Actually, this is (somewhat) intentional; a single leftclick will grab a stack or stack what's already on the cursor up to maximum (stock allowing); if the cursor contains something that can't be stacked together, it goes into the inventory instead. Right-clicking will simply select the item, or if it's already selected, request a single one, with the same stacking behavior as leftclicking.

This was mostly a transitional version; wanted to make sure to get a version with 1.3 compatibility fixes out early, but it also got a fully functional but incomplete rewrite of the terminal UI to use ItemSlots and the new cursor slot bindings.

5. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, cool - so it's kind-of-WAI?

One more question, by the way - the transmatter controller is really hard to uproot once placed. Is that by design?

6. zetaPRIME

WAI?

And yep; wouldn't want to accidentally take out the core of your network, after all.

7. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, WAI stands for Working As Intended.

I don't suppose it would be feasible to have a more portable version of the controller as well? I often carry the system with me as a general bag of hoarding and uprooting the controller with a starting-grade manipulator can get tricky.

8. zetaPRIME

Platforms are your friend. Break the platform it's on and it'll pop right up.

As for an all-in-one mini-system a la Applied Energistics ME chests... maybe at some point? Will take some heavy codebase cleanup first, but I'm going to be rewriting the transmatter system soonish anyway, so...

9. Agusfer

Agusfer Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, i got a problem, last update seems to work well on new saves, but in my save before that i can't take things out of the transmatter terminal, and i wanted to ask if you know how to make it work so i don't have to start over again or use the older version :/
    I went directly with admin mode making the terminal and the other things, connected them to the shiplocker and tried to take an item two times, the 2 units i took from it "dissapear" when they should stay in my inventory, here's the log:

Attached Files:

10. zetaPRIME

Perhaps that character is missing the stardustlib player-extension quest and somehow not being given it on login? The new terminal behavior relies on one of the functions of said quest in order to actually deliver the items (so as to avoid loss of items if you exit the terminal UI before delivery); the quest in question is called "stardustlib:playerext"

11. Agusfer

I'm new to this, but i think you meant i needed to start the mission with /startquest, right? it says this when i try: "Exception caught handling client command".
    I noticed when opening the .player data from the older save and a new one that some lines regarding that quest are missing in the older one, so i don't know what to do now.
    Can't upload the .player files so there is the log and the lines in a png.
    And if there's nothing to do with this then i'll stick with the previous version until i need a new character or something, thanks for your help :)

Attached Files:

12. zetaPRIME

Enter this in admin mode and pick it up:
    Code:
    /spawnitem techcard 1 '{"consumeOnPickup":true,"pickupQuestTemplates":["stardustlib:playerext"],"shortdescription":"\n^#bf7fff;[ initializing StardustLib services ]\n^#00000000;"}'

13. Agusfer

It worked! thanks a lot!!!!! :D

14. sired22

sired22 Big Damn Hero

this is amazing! I'm also using smart tubes and if i use an insertion conduit connected to the terminal, it will put items into it!. Basically I'm using smart tubes for my pushing/pulling and startech for storage, amazing.

15. SynchC

SynchC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this awesome mod! My #1!

Is erasure still occurring whilst trying to use multiple drives/search criteria? If so are there any new leads on a solution?

16. cecilkorik

cecilkorik Big Damn Hero

Request: Can you make it so SHIFT-clicking an item in the interface automatically transfers a stack of it directly to inventory instead of putting it on the cursor?

This would make the behavior consistent with the stock UI -- shift-click to move a stack from inventory to container, shift-click to move a stack out of the container to inventory, shift-click to insert an item from the inventory into transmatter storage, shift-click to remove an item from transmatter storage into the inventory. Currently, only the latter scenario (highlighted in red) is not working. A single shift-click appears to do nothing. A shift-double-click does pick up the item, and I seem to remember this is how I picked up items in older versions, but in alpha 0.04 doing this picks up a stack onto the cursor instead which is inconsistent with the other shift-click behaviors and is a bit clunky to use in practice when trying to grab multiple items out of storage quickly.

Thanks for your efforts, this mod is what makes playing Frackin Universe possible, for me. :)

17. zetaPRIME

Shift-click functionality is waiting on a Chucklefix; interfaces can't tell if shift is held without making a canvas that consumes keyboard input events.

18. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

@zetaPRIME - I love this mod. It's given me the inventory management I've always wanted for my bases. I was wondering though, is there a way to set priority with the storage buses? I'm using a lot of large shipping containers for storage, and I was wondering if there was a way to tell it to fill them in a certain order? Or to filter certain things to certain containers? Like if I'm using a liquids tank from Enhanced Storage, is there a way to tell this mod to send, for example, liquidwater to that container, but everything else to the shipping containers?

19. zetaPRIME

Shift+rightclick with wrench. :3

20. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I would not ever have thought of that. Thanks!