1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. jonstar7

jonstar7 Big Damn Hero

Has there been a fix to the missing Transmatter Drives?

[​IMG]

2. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

@jonstar7
    They're not missing for me. After you craft a storage chip, it unlocks the first disk (I think 4K)... when you craft the 4K it unlocks the rest.

3. jonstar7

jonstar7 Big Damn Hero

@jje64 Ah that was it. I didn't realize that the Storage Chip was crafted at the furnace.

4. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I'm not sure why most of the parts are on the inventor's table instead of the wiring table or a custom crafting station, but that's the one part that isn't.

5. se7en

se7en Scruffy Nerf-Herder

6. se7en

se7en Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nevermind, actually u should add in addon page that character needs to be NEW after installing the mod.

7. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

...it doesn't need to be new. it needs to have a properly-started player-extension system quest, which should become the case the moment you log in...? eh, I'll figure out a fix soon

8. zetaPRIME

9. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

@zetaPRIME :

The terminal feels more responsive now, it was getting sluggish before the update if you had a large storage network. I'm definitely digging the new crafting station, too. It always felt awkward that the transmitter stuff was just crammed in the architect's table. I like that I have a place to go for it now.

Can you give us some instructions about the purpose/use of the new stuff? It all looks very exciting, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.

Also, any chance you could consider a part that lets you pull liquids directly into your transmitter network? Not from a container, but from their natural form, like a drain that feeds into the network? Also, while I'm tossing out suggestions... the other thing that would really improve quality of life is the ability to filter by disk/container in the terminal screen. Since the disks are portable-ish, it would be nice to be able to control what's on them outside of setting up filters. Like creating disks with specific load outs for specific tasks - i.e. having a disk with all of the parts to build a house. Just a thought.

Love this mod - it's literally become the backbone of everything I build now. The very first thing I set up in a new base is my transmitter controller room and storage facilities, and then the base or station spiderwebs out from there. Keep up the good work!

10. zetaPRIME

A pump would be a separate object from an import bus; separation of duties and all that.

As for the new content...
    - Start with a Combustion Generator (since you need to get power from somewhere!); toss in coal, wood, planks or a few other burnables to generate your first bit of fluxpulse energy.
    - Hook it up to a Pulse Cell to store that energy for later use, or to a Pulse Relay for transport to your storage or machinery room.
    - Hook up an Autosmelter to batch-smelt your ores, and recieve potential bonus yields in the process.
    - Make a charging bench and charge up a Pulse Augpack for a wearable power source, then toss it into the Configurator (found in the Quickbar) and insert EPPs and/or augments to gain their effects while wearing it.
    - If you want something to do with all that power you're carrying with you... make a Phase Drill and tear the everloving fuck out of whatever planet or asteroid belt has the resources you're looking for. :D

jje64 likes this.
  11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Considering that I've already seen people struggling with this, I suggest you write a big "As of version 0.20, Matter Manipulator interface-modifying mods should be assumed to be incompatible with StarTech!" at the top of the mod's description.

Anyway, looking forward to trying out all the new features. They sound great.

EDIT: There's currently no way to close the configurator menu besides pressing escape.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  12. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I like where you're going with this. So more machines and tools are coming that will need flux power to function?

Also, I'm not clear on the autosmelter thing. What am I hooking it up to? My storage controller?

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You should hook up the autosmelter to a pulse cell.

Seriously loving this new power system, by the way. I can imagine a ton of things that would work nicely using this.

Also, I noticed that when I click multiple times on an item that is a: normally stored as a single item and b: I have in a container hooked up via storage bus, it seems to disappear from my storage but doesn't appear in my inventory?

14. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

So, stupid question maybe, what's the configurator about?

15. zetaPRIME

Configurator is for configuring modular items (currently just the Augpack)

...well then. guess I have a bug with my "can these stack?" logic somewhere x.X

16. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Also, the configurator windows-- the only way to close them is to hit escape. There's no corner X and I tried hitting the configurator button on the quickbar, which just spawns more configurator windows. You might want to prevent that, and add the close button, or at least make it so clicking the configurator dialogue when a window is open closes it.

17. zetaPRIME

The multiple-interface thing is a side effect of 1.3.2; any way to prevent multiple from being open at once would need to be implemented per-interface. (Also, just fixed the stack size bug; first time I've updated on workshop without an explicit version bump)

jje64 likes this.
  18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I just realized how many of the functionalities I've wanted to implement would work great with the new systems you've added, especially the quickbar, and just how many things you've saved me the trouble of implementing, like a power system, with all that I have to do being putting a "required: StarTech" in a mod's description. This is going to be a lot of fun to mess around with. Thanks for all of this. On a side note, you said there's a chance for extra yields when using the autosmelter. What's the rate of that?

EDIT: Oh, I see. What are these rewards used for, and could we maybe get a list of acceptable fuels for the combustion generator?

Incidentally, there are two issues with the autosmelter as of right now: it won't move on to the next group of ores if the first group of ores is odd-numbered (and as such leaves a single, unsmeltable piece of ore behind), and it won't smelt aegisalt at all.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  19. zetaPRIME

The recipes for the autosmelter and generator are within the .object; just take a look on github for now.

also, tfw you type "aegisteel" in a recipe

20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

To be honest, I'm wondering if aegisalt's name actually resulted from a typo of that.