1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Stovepipe's Mystical RoR Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Stovepipes, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

I'm no artist, but I (as well as my friends) have been really loving Risk of Rain. I usually set my wallpaper to reflect some game I'm currently really enjoying. As there aren't that many Risk of Rain wallpapers out there (actually, the only 2 I know of are by Daimera, both of which are absolutely stunning), I decided to make my own using some official pixel art goodness. Huge thanks to hopoo for making such an enthralling game that manages to look, sound, and play simply beautifully!

Magma Worm:
    magmaworm v3.png

Commando:
    commandowall.jpg

Lemurian, Sand Crab, and Golem:
    driedlake.png

Ending Cutscene (SPOILERS):
    endwall.png

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    • DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gonna use this from now!

• Sweet wallpaper man, thanks for sharing!

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

It works very well as a wallpaper since it's so simple, yet cool and the centre has the focus, but the sides do not. I like it!

• Vernalex

Vernalex Poptop Tamer

Thank you. It's my wallpaper now. :)

• _dak

_dak Void-Bound Voyager

Great work!
              You are the artist now. :up:

• Stovepipes

To celebrate the release of the game, I added a couple other wallpapers to the OP...hope you all enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
                • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe take the text out of the ending one, since each character has different text. :) Otherwise, they look good!

• Stovepipes

I liked that end text a lot, even if it does change from character to character...it's very poetic and gave the ending more of a bittersweet feeling rather than a totally uplifting one.
                    Either way, it's much easier to remove the end text than to re-add it in, so I'll leave it as is.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, I see. And yeah, it is easier to just remove it than to put a new one on. It just feels unusual for there to be small (if meaningful) text on desktop backgrounds, I'm pretty sure if I used it my icons would just blot it out, ahhaha. =3=; MY DESKTOP ICONS BLOT OUT THE SUUUN.

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

The ending lines are amazing, particularly that one (which I haven't seen before). I also like the Engineer's, something like "...and when he left he was more machine than man."

• Stormquake

Stormquake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"...and so he left, more steel and circuit than man"

Han-D's is my favorite though, he has a happy ending
                          "...and so it left, servos pulsing with new life"

I have a screenshot of every ending but two at this point, still having some difficulties winning with the Miner and I'm not even going to bother with the Sniper

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

these are truly mystical