1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Engela

Engela Scruffy Nerf-Herder

probably! seeing as i made these for my own use i went in the direction of making them look like how my barometta would look which includes HEAVY FLOOF and cute ribbons whoops.
    (im assuming u meant well w it because floofy=very good in my book. i could've avoided using so many small bits to make it messy, maybe, but whats done is done)

Toa_Derax likes this.
  2. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, the giant, frizzy fuzzball actually looks very good, and it fits.

3. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A friend was using the Lunarian race and couldn't use mechs without crashing. She's apparently switched to Novakids and is content, but I figured I'd keep going anyway.

Here's a deployment fix for anyone using the /sbg/ races. I made sure to test it. Not sure if there's anything involving the captain's chair, but I'm not having any issues with it.
    http://www.filedropper.com/supersbgracemodmechdeploymentfiles

Click the button that looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    go through the captcha nonsense, then place the files themselves in Super SBG Race Mod\cinematics\teleport

4. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Wall of Knowledge updated Super /sbg/ Race Mod with a new update entry:

1.3 update

Read the rest of this update entry...

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Any chance of this coming to steam?
    also, the Penguin Piracy mod has a race that can infinitly jump, maybe the harpy can benefit from the same ability?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  6. Wall of Knowledge

Steam: Eventually.
    Harpies: I'm actually led to understand that the Draconis have a tech that gives them infinite free-flight. Something like that would be ideal, though it being a tech isn't, and I'm not really going to be trying to update the salvaged code on which I was attempting racial abilities-- it should hopefully be deprecated by an addon in the not-too-distant future.

7. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

yeah, the Race has an inbuilt infinite jump built in, no tech needed.
    plus the creator has made it so that anyone can use the code he's made.

8. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

The harpies are as adorable and awkward on land as hoped. (Personal cannon of pecies homeworld being a hot, low-grav world, giving valid excuse for lacking flight in game). I am getting some odd log errors for them for ship and AI portraits, but it seems it's just whining they don't have their own special stuff and it's using defaults.
    And the Marli race is awesome-looking, with a huge amount of options in appearance.
    While looking through the folders, I see some interesting previews of your Ceranae. Looks promising as well!

Saint Apollyon and jonathonspy like this.
  9. ShadowSoul

ShadowSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, so seeing as you mentioned the drought of content on some of these races, I'd be interested in doing some spritework as well if you'd like. Give me the word and I'll try my hand at anything. I can also help add encounters with these races (microdungeons) and tenants since I have experience with Tiled and some coding.

Wall of Knowledge and Lindazana like this.
  10. Wall of Knowledge

That'd be fantastic, since the latter aren't really something I know how to do myself! The biggest/highest priority thing to work on right now is clothes and weapons/armor, since they're the thing most obviously missing, followed by ships/furniture (to help enable microdungeons).

It's hard to tell anyone to work on anything specifically, since there's so much to do (I can slot in basically anything you make), but here are some broad-stroke general aesthetics that I thought I'd post here instead of in PMs to hopefully inspire more people:
    -Barometta: Germanish/like the Glitch, but softer and comfier. Like fancy/poofy clothes (dresses), but have no concept of modesty. Favored weapons are giant cannons. All-female race.
    -Beldehor: Basically space Nazis to the Apex's space Soviets. No real concept of modesty either; clothes are a tool for fear and respect, but otherwise quite uncomfortable for shapeshifting in. Like swords, machine pistols, and machine guns.
    -Carodont: Pacific islander cargo-cult.
    -Gamayun: Still a bit up in the air, but we'd discussed a Tibetan/monk style with martial arts weapons. Ships as flying temples, lots of stone/crystals.
    -Golgian: Medieval JRPG; Society is somewhat abstracted, and do have a sense of modesty, but Rule of Cool matters more than what's practical/functional for adventurers (they have no appreciably vital organs to be stabbed in due to their stupid armor designs).
    -Harpies: Nothing planned yet! Also, all-female race.
    -Ichthysian: People already have dibs on Greco-Roman aesthetics, so Thracian. Favored troops are peltasts, and society has a harsh gender divide; Men are priests and aristocrats (in their conformist/theocratic traditional society), while women are laborers and soldiers.
    -Lunarian: Clean, modern, cosmopolitan, with some reference to the fact that they're rabbits. Aside from the implicit Touhou references, they were inspired by a spate of bunnysuit posting brought on by @Campaigner 's ACT mod and these images:
    https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1605920
    https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1435327
    https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1430489
    Favored weapons are assault/sniper rifles, and they probably fight under their own equivalent of the Gadsden flag. Not actually an all-female race, surprisingly, but that might change in the future if the idea's popular.
    -Marli: P I R A T E S. Not space pirates, Caribbean pirates who happen to be located in space. @Ty525 already has a bunch of stuff pre-sprited/planned for implementation, so I don't know if he needs help with them.
    -Singularnosti: 1920's bootlegger Mafia. Speakeasies, two-piece suits, sub-machine guns, the works.

Toa_Derax likes this.
  11. EndlessTetris

EndlessTetris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, if we want to help out with this mod, where should we leave stuff that we have for the mod?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  12. Wall of Knowledge

If I weren't a lazy schmuck, I'd set up a dropbox or a github or something. For now, standard procedure is pretty much just PM me the assets, unless you want to post them here for some reason.

13. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

*rises from the grave* Yeah, putting the assets here is AOK. I've recently came upon a legit copy of StarBound (which means it's up-to-date), and will probably do some more S-nosti ship expansions. But if anyone else wanna have a go at S-nosti stuff, go ahead! They're part 1920s mafia, part modern Russian Vory/mafia. So toss in a few RPGs, futuristic AKs, and Russian armored suits in that mix of anachronisms.

Wall of Knowledge likes this.
  14. EndlessTetris

EndlessTetris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'd like to help out with the flavor text for the races. Are there any speaking quirks that the races have (like how the Glitch state their emotion before speaking, or the Floran holding out their S's)?

Toa_Derax likes this.
  15. Wall of Knowledge

Not any that I can think of, at the moment. Interesting idea for future consideration, though.

16. XeroSprite

XeroSprite Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the Baromettas, can you make the smaller ones be 'female' so they get the female clothing options rather than the big Baromettas, since they're already of size, and making separate versions of clothes won't be a hassle for both 'genders'? I mean this all in a technical aspect.

17. Wall of Knowledge

That's... actually a really reasonable suggestion, and functional considerations > stylistic considerations. Consider it done for the next update.

18. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why is this not on the workshop?
    I want to play as the Harpies.

19. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Well you can just download the current build from this site and install it in the mods folder in your starbound folder? These are mostly WIPs, and steam workshopping this will probably cause bugtesting difficult (as steam auto-downloads mods etcetera). Maybe this'll get published on the workshop when it feels ready enough for mass consumption.

20. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

okay, I'll try that. but what if it gets updated?