1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

The avali was one of the first to do that. Then there's the Pony Modpack with it's four-legged cartoon style that I remembered after that post up there...

2. Shado

Shado Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a chance of seeing this mod uploaded to the steam workshop sometimes in the future? It would make it much easier to acquire the updates, or the mod itself, whenever a change of PC is required, or the game has to be re-installed for a reason or another.

3. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not completely sure, but I think that one of the reasons Wall of Knowledge is not uploading this to Steam's Workshop (which I too wish would happen so more people would actually use it, but respect the decision not to) is because doing so would reveal their Steam handle, and... if anyone is currently hassling them as things are now, then it would only increase if people know which handle is theirs.

I kinda wonder if using an alternate account for uploading purposes would help things at all... if I'm guessing part of the situation right, that is.

4. Shado

As I see, that kinda does make sense. I have a friend who only wants to use the workshop, so sadly I won't be able to use this mod until it gets on the workshop since we play together.

5. XelSlime

Personally I wanna find a group of /sbg/ mod-users to play with (just not in the mood to play solo lately, but friends are all doing other things), and I would've had one, but... similar case, at least for the host. They'd use this mod, but it's not in the Workshop, so they're not going to bother, and... I guess maybe they don't want to inconvenience their players with regular ol' pre-1.0 downloading? ...Which we seemed to all be fine with, before.

People are confusing. I can understand their thinking to a point, but it still feels like the Workshop made everyone lazy. They're missing out on some good stuff just because of that, and sometimes it throws a wrench in the works for other people.

If any of you have a group going with this mod, please, let me know. Just... message me somehow.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. Shado

I might still try to force my friend to use this. but I don't run a server 24/7. Just whenever I, or friends, feel like playing.

7. Lunamarel

Lunamarel Void-Bound Voyager

I've kinda been keeping an eye on this mod once a week to see what's changing. I'm waiting to install it till it seems to be patched up and stable with one point oh. I've always loved playing as the Beldehor, it's my favorite race thus making this my favorite mod of them all. But that also means I've not yet played 1.0 till I download this mod. I've also hoped to see it on the workshop as well because I'm just too lazy to reinstall updated mods very often. Once I do download it from here I'll likely not check for updates again for months....

8. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, just don't mix it with something that modifies the food decay timers.

That'll break the game and render it unplayable.

9. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

So... I hate to be -that person- ...but did anything ever take shape of that other mod you mentioned last year on page two...? Or hves the changes to SB just made it all too complicated?

10. XelSlime

You talking about that image of a harpy and a lamia? (That's the word, right? Nagas look more snake-like according to Google.)

11. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Mhm!

12. XelSlime

Hm. I thought this mod was causing me to crash, but the reason was likely because I was testing it by itself without using the xbawks mod. Fortunately one of my friends figured things out, and everything's working again.

Also, I finally have a group of people to play with... but I counted, and we've got 36 mods in use at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  13. Atlantahammy

Atlantahammy Void-Bound Voyager

I was gonna say I'm exited for when the Golgians stand alone comes out, cause omg adorable slime peoples, but then i saw the spoiler races teased the 0.13c update announcement, and I gotta say, i want them pixie's.

14. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Just a heads up, for some odd reason, this mod breaks all of the tile effects from FU. eg, honey blocks aren't sticky, radioactive stone isn't damaging, web isn't slow to walk on....

15. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

This happens to me too. This issue does not happen with 13a (or whichever version is bundled in Zinc's modpack) and even with 13d it didn't happen before one the recent Frackin updates. I would guess FU changed whatever you were borrowing for racial differences but I don't really know.

16. XelSlime

I like that Golgians have this natural immunity to the effect of liquid slime, but I'm wondering if it was meant for them to also be immune to the "Sticky Slime" effect caused by standing on slime blocks. They still slip, slide and bounce as much as anyone else does.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  17. tinybeasts

tinybeasts Void-Bound Voyager

hey, i'm the anon from the thread that was interested in collaborating. i'm capable of spritework but have little to no coding knowledge. my steamID is the same as on here, hit me up

18. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Is their a colony deeds for these race. If so is it specific items or is it randomly generated like the felins ,ningen, and kuroneko (typo)? Because i'm trying to make a single player large town project and i want to have at least 1 of every race in it including the customs races.

19. XelSlime

I don't know if it's in any plans for the future, but currently, this mod just has villager and guardian Beldehor tenants, which require some sort of Beldehor item to be spawned. They may or may not have dialog, but I can tell you that every time I spoke with the other races, I'd just get "I have nothing to say to you".

Also I tried spawning some Golgians to use as crewmembers, and at some point, they started randomly dying. Maybe it's because of an action they were trying to use that they couldn't.

20. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Sadly, the random death bug is a vanilla bug, that for some reason CF has decided to not fix until next major update. You'll notice NPCs randomly exploding anywhere you go that isn't a pre-made map (outpost and missions).