1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

I've noticed a warning message on startup: [Error] Duplicate projectile asset typeName bombblockexplosion. configfile /projectiles/explosions/satbombblockexplosion/satbombblockexplosion.projectile

In projectiles/explosions/satbombblockexplosion/satbombblockexplosion.projectile you are using the projectileName of bombblockexplosion, which is one of the default projectile names in the vanilla assets.

2. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, don't forget to change the "/humanoid/human/dead.png" in the files lunarian.species and snosti.species.

3. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What are those dead images used for exactly anyway? I don't recall having seen them in the entire time I've been playing. Maybe I just wasn't observant enough?

4. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

We need more colony deed npc for these race. :c the i want to see some Gayuman and some Corodonts in my town. i still have like 20-30 open rooms for other races.

5. XelSlime

Still alive, Wall of Knowledge?

6. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Define "alive". :nuruundead:

Gratuitous Lurking likes this.
  7. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Good enough to know you're still alive, and have access to internet, and still visit this forum.

8. XelSlime

Oh, uh... remembering a thing. I guess this's an npctype issue, but "male" Barometta still use the male chatter sounds. Is there any way to fix that?

9. XelSlime

I'm just gonna put together a base.npctype.patch file while I wait for the next update so half the Barometta stop sounding like guys.

Here's a copy for the rest of you, just drop it in the mod's "npcs" sub-folder.

Attached Files:

Lindazana likes this.
  10. Wall of Knowledge

So I did a thing.
    duripods.png

Feels good to finally get some progress made now that finals are clearing up my schedule; sorry that I went dark for so long!

I still need to finish fluffing out the duripods and add at least one recipe for them, but they're functional, and I finished the Marli's body spriting, so they're also now fully functional.
    Been doing some minor tweaks here and there that I haven't been keeping track of to keep up to date with Unstable, too. I don't remember if I've got all of the current bugs fixed, but I do know that all of the mod's races should be added to the random tenant pools.

There's also going to be another pleasant surprise coming up (hopefuly soon), but that's in the hands of another modder who I've been talking to recently :nurunaughty:

Vladimier and Lindazana like this.
  11. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Good to see you back! ...and yeah, just finished my own finals. A brutal affair, that. And two new races! You spoil us!

12. XelSlime

I might as well throw a thought to think about.

I don't know what your opinion is on demons, but I think "tendrille" isn't coming back here any time soon, so the races in their mod are going to waste. Slimes are triple-covered at the moment (though tendrille's slimes are kinda neat too in their own way), but nobody's got a substitute for the demons, except maybe these Ikuul.

Think such an idea could fit into the /sbg/ mod, or would demons be out of place?

13. Wall of Knowledge

Fuck Mount & Blade for stealing basically my entire winter break.

I'm pretty sure adopting the mod's verboten per the modding rules ("regardless of the time that's passed"), since they politely request that a modder declare a successor or change their permissions before dropping off the face of the earth.

Some sort of demon race could be on the table, though; I'd try to go through a whole design-and-feedback process, but /sbg/ has been dead as fuck for probably close to a year now. There isn't really any sort of encapsulating "mod canon" that things would or wouldn't fit into (so I may import my harpy race into the mod at some point for kicks); the biggest problem with adding more races (aside from the two I'm adding currently) is that content for said races is spread hilariously thin, and spriting armor is a pain in the ass.

14. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Honestly, racial armor isn't that important a thing. There's enough armors out there now that even non-standard body shapes can be covered. And if a race has only just joined the space-age and rest of the current civilization, it would make more sense to use up-to-date armor from other races than their own more primitive versions.
    I've never actually been to SBG, or quite know what it is.... my guess is a 4chan board? Or am I way off?
    As to the harpy race you got made up, it would be the most amazing thing to see that put into the mod ^_^;

15. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

*pushes head out from grave*
    /sbg/ was a series of threads on 4chan's /vg/ board, Videogames General, and it stood for 'StarBound General'. Yes, we used to post fun stuff there, from mod ideas to sprites and stuff, but the popularity and readerbase waned up to the point nobody resurrected the thread after it went down again.
    *shambles back to grave*

16. XelSlime

Speaking of /sbg/, I haven't seen anything new regarding that one image I recall seeing of a harpy and a naga, though Antyrus has a lamia mod of his own up here.

...And other than that, regarding feedback n' whatnot, at least you've got us, right~?

Personally I don't think too much about armor, especially for slimes (or at least the half of my mod that was once human, though Hieru's got thoughts about crystallized slime armor). We've already got tons of existing armor in the game... though at the same time, I know people like seeing more armor, even if said armor is redundant.

I need to come up with a new avatar. This one's too pixelated.

17. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the info! Wish I had known about that place earlier.
    ....Hold on a second there, you only popped your head out of that grave, yet shambled back... did you go into someone else's grave?!

18. Wall of Knowledge

harpy.png
    Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for harpies. They will be included with the Marli in the next update instead of the other race I previewed previously (making content takes priority over trial-and-error jiggery-pokery fuckabout, so they've been backburnered). As of this morning, they're about 90% integrated and have a custom name generator (which is mostly a cut-down Carodont name generator).
    (the harpy language is a syllablary similar to Japanese, so her name is pronouned "Pah-Neh", not "pain")

Unrelated to that, I need some help from the brave and the bored: The original sprites I got for adding the Marli from @Ty525 have some color issues that cause artifacts out the wazoo when I try to get them to change colors, so I need someone(s) to go through the hair/body files to get all of the pixels therein to match the color hexes in the species file. I have both the humanoid folder and the species file packaged up here:
    https://mega.nz/#!4cwRjBCS!GOrAxNMLP3P11Qu2ps3y8uCM2ByRSn2zrusp0DB3Pcc

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  19. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Like the harpy, but she's a bit more.. flat... than remembered. Will make a lot of chest outfits fit oddly. The icthysian (sp?) females from the race mod had the same issues. Or is that the male model?

20. Wall of Knowledge

That is indeed the male model. Like the Barometta, they're female-only, but the options are flat/normal instead of normal/busty. (I might make alternate sizes as optional files if there's demand; the limbs are way more disruptive than the chest to outfits fitting anyway)