1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell Us Your Character's Story!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Poison Dagger, Sep 10, 2016.

1. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guy,a dud who accidentally ended up in the protectorate,beds are hard to find on earth especially free and comfy ones.Too embarassed to admit he snuck into the protectorate buidling he just went with the flow but then the ruin happened *x-rated details about tentacles here* he stole a huge ship that he couldnt even open the doors on without a license and a broadsword.Also a few very suspicious....herbs.he then decided it is his destiny to humour an old woman in a wheelchair by scanning random shit.he also bought one himself,shits faster than a hoverbike.He than gave up after defeating a huge floating fuel crystal and went off into space to get food, and booze, lots of booze.adventures will continue.

2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

My floran became pregnant with a sprout and walked into her aunt's home unannounced. The aunt could not hide her medicines, so the medicines were corrupted by the pregnant floran's higher power from being pregnant. Without pure medicines forthat winter, the village die of sickness and illness of spirit. The pregnant floran than burnt down the remaining structures of the deceased village to make clean slate for life in stars.

The floran ate her sprout and consumed it's power. Now can defeat every meatman in cosmos! Especially burdman. Burdman must die.

3. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

<- [Curly] Servo: an outcast glitch, who renamed herself after two champions of robot rights, she was dedicated to building a community where outcasts could live safely and without prejudice. after the village and hidden headquarters were repeatedly nuked (by game wipes) she is currently MIA (because i can't duplicate her anymore with the head part gone!)

i MIGHT be a little salty about the whole thing.

Noobgalaxies and Ablekaine like this.
  4. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The leader of the group called Maverick Hunters: Axl (based on the character of my profile pic). His dad was a great member of the protectorate that traveled the stars defeating dangerous criminals, and he decided to be like him. But when the earth was attacked and everything vanished he decided to take revenge, recruiting one of the best crews of the galaxy. After the destruction of the Ruin his mission was to follow the steps of his father, hunting criminals across the galaxy and discovering ancient treasures. Nobody knows his actual location in the galaxy (sorry i dont have pics atm)

5. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    he is an elderly apex scientist with a passion for art and history.

[​IMG]

he travels forign worlds in serach of forign artifacts for his museum that he uses to financially support the resistance against the miniknog (because he is to old to fight).

[​IMG]

as you can se his taste is reflected in his travelling home.
    (i may even build his museum in the future)

(sorry for large pics i don't know how to use spoilers)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Sir_Djak and Mariel141 like this.
  6. Poison Dagger

Poison Dagger Void-Bound Voyager

I love this.

7. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see you like it, as I said here is his adventure continued:After finding that making rectified spirits takes way too long guy settled on crappy homemade rice wine and took off to space, naked and drunk neither are a good idea but space and booze are occasionaly the best combination,he soon arived on a desert planet with no water whatsoever, beamed down to hunt those dodo flamingo bird things.Sadly he passed out right next to one of them while trying to kill it with a pebble he found on the way,now that i think about those herbs may or may not have had some relation with this.long story short he lived on pure oil(almost got killed by americans)and beakseed with steak he only had a 20 percent chance of getting since creatures just distengerated when hit with a spear.He was finally found by his crew member who really had to take a shit as the ship still has no toilets.But booze and suspicious herbs will be used to celebrate,hopefully this time he wont pass out in front of dangerous birds.

Noobgalaxies and Poison Dagger like this.
  8. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Curly like Cave Story?

themushroomlord likes this.
  9. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Mine is Magnesiumdraw (Real name is "Lucky" Sulphate) the Novakid.
    First thing to know, he's alright at robotics, metallurgy, self-taught shortbowman (not a very good one) and he has very outlandish ideas. The only problem being, he's as unruly as the tide.

Being a disrespected member of the Gerrik Maximus II-a government (Named after Gerrik the Apex. HAIL GERRIK) and was sick of being told he had to follow orders and be submissive and one day may be allowed a ration of 2 loaves of beakseed bread and a 1L container of tomato soup a week, which would be double his rations. He didn't want to be assigned to roles such as "the guy who has to walk over the ground first to make sure there aren't any traps" or just "spitoon holder"
    He built a remote control fake glitch shell over the course of 3 months in secret. When the creation was finished, he gave it a large hat and cloak used it to firebomb the GM2a Grand house (it was alright though, he lived in one of the 5 concrete storage box-like houses for the 5 "lesser beings" ) and fake his own murder. In secrecy, he removed the motors and wore the shell like a strange suit of armour. From that day onward, he was no longer "Lucky" Sulphate, but Magnesiumdraw the Glitch. He flew away in broad daylight to the stars in a counterfeited glitch ship because warp beams are nowhere near as conspicuous during the day. The GM2a Government, (Seriously, there were only 22 spaient lifeforms of the planet, that was made of 90% government) tried to shoot him down, but he barely escaped.

Many governing forces of space have been annoyed by this phantom and want him dead. His bounty is a whopping 20,000 pixels.
    Magnesiumdraw's crimes include:
    • Defacing many Big Ape statues
    • Running off with the sacrifices of a Kluex temple (who hadn't been sacrificed yet)
    • Defacing said Kluex temple
    • Arson (obviously)
    • Defacing his own wanted poster
    • Disrupting the peace
    • Disrupting lunch time
    • Spreading anarchy
    • Annoying the glorious leader
    • Murder (of someone who the GM2a claimed they wouldn't miss)
    • Witchcraft
    • Having outlandish ideas
    • Selling counterfeited Matter Manipulators to penguins
    • Flipping off Big Ape (Apex urban legend, no real evidence has been found)
    • Ignoring the story and just buying Erchius Crystals
    • Resisting arrest
    • Resisting stabbing
    • Resisting the Occasius cult
    • Resisting the Protectorate
    • Resisting the Miniknog
    • Resisting the Apex Resistance
    • Resisting those who resist the Apex Resistance
    • Resisting bacon (it dehydrates like you wouldn't believe not to mention the powdery texture afterwards)
    Basically, governing systems just say he's trouble.
    His personality is said to be rather bombastic for a glitch (wonder why?)

10. Interference-Tinkerer

Interference-Tinkerer Tentacle Wrangler

Writing a full story for both of my characters will take a few weeks so I'll just sum it up for you.

Tinkerer
    A self-aware Glitch, she managed to blend in with the rest of her kind for several decades [in Glitch time], as far as having a small family, before she was captured and almost executed. Fortunately, a small group of other self-aware Glitches saved her and gave her a new beginning in a small colony away from he home planet. There, she became a blacksmith, making decent weapons and armors to defend the colony, as well as having small side projects here and there. One day she heard of this Terrene Protectorate thing and she applied, just to see if she can get in. She did. And so she arrived on Earth, enrolled in the Protectorate academy... And she met Solana [my other character].

Tinkerer has a knack for engineering and metallurgy, getting the best grades for both of those subjects almost all the time [there was that one accident..]. She also made a hearing aid/SAIL interface that's installed on her left ear. Tink, however, is pretty weak in combat as she tends to over-analyze her enemies' movements. On the day of her graduation the Ruin came and destroyed the Earth, and Tinker was forced to left Earth, armed with only a broken broadsword, some torches, some food cans, a flashlight, and her Matter Manipulator she snatched from the Grand Protectorate right before her death.

Lost among the sea of stars, with no way to contact her old colony, her friend, or go back to her home planet, she took on the challenge of scanning things to amuse an old crazy bug lady and mining asteroids on her spare time. Also a small farm and hoarding trinkets from the villages she visited.

Personality : She is an intelligent, friendly Glitch, albeit a bit.. quiet. She will help people as much as she can, and welcome all those who wants to board her spaceship/flying fortress. Though mainly benevolent, she can defend herself if the situation demands it, though she still prefers to not kill things other than aggressive monsters and those who hurt her first.

Solana
    Solana's dad was a Protectorate himself, though he died in the hands of a group of bandits that tried to hijack his ship. She joined the Academy in hopes of being a bit more famous and continuing her late father's steps. She became friends with Tinkerer - partly because she's genuinely interested in her, and mostly because she needed better grades. Coasting through the Academy with last-minute assignments and spur-of-the-moment essays, she barely graduated from the Academy... When a huge tentacle monster ruined everything. With no chance to save her family, she hopped aboard a broken ship, with whatever she could salvage.

And now she only realized that she actually will use those 'boring lectures' in real life. Oh, she also agreed on destroying the planet-sized tentacle monster, in exchange of "mad cash and fame across the galaxy", among other things. Lana's still salty about the whole destroyed Earth issue.

Personality : A cheery, almost hyperactive girl, she has the ability to make up things on the fly and making it work somehow. That, and her good combat skill are probably the only things keeping her alive now. At times her pride made her do things she wasn't supposed to do, and put herself in a big rut. She prefers going solo, for the moment, she wants to test how timewarping and drinking some vodka will mess her up. [Spoiler : it'll end up badly. Really badly.]

i think i did too much.... ah well, it's decent in my opinion.

11. Xen_Glaris

Xen_Glaris Void-Bound Voyager

My character's name is Red, a Floran race. Late for graduate, early for foooood!

12. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

What did you use for the back slot?

13. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

They say that they've caught almost every criminal in the system.
    Relentless, those men. Don't give a damn about who they kill, as long as SOMEONE is put to justice, usually their target. But who are these men? Gather 'round the campfire, and hear the tale of the red-eye rangers. I'm tellin ye now, if ye don't have th' balls to keep listenin, y'all can run along home now... In this here system, there used to be a big ol' science sattelite just outta our orbit! They made AI smarter than a Apex scientist, I'll tell ya what! One guy had the bright idea to use this "dark matter stuff" to make his faaaavorite AI into this thing. I can't explain it to ya without gettin m' corona all flarin'! It was.. Like the opposite of a novakid, completely black, no brand or anything, but it sported around a big ol' red eye, glowin on the left side of his face! He was the one who formed the Red-eye rangers. Spooky huh? Ain't nobody wanna cross with that creepy ol' Void-guy- (The novakid was cut off by a man in a suit-vest and a scarf made of an old ripped flag.) That's not entirely true.
    (The man stood up. Ready to tell HIS story.) My name is Ezic. What you've heard about the red-eye rangers is wrong. (He removes a contact from his eye, showing a glowing red orb in his eye socket) I formed the Rangers. Void-guy is my friend and team-mate. Hell.. We did everything together! Anyways, lemme tell you MY little story. Our ship, the Bloody Mary, got attacked by an enemy vessel. We had to escape with the last of our erchius fuel. We found ourselves in an unknown system. This one to be precise, that's actually what brings me here. We need repairs. (Suddenly, 20 red beams come from the sky, and thats when the ones around the campfire knew, they we're the red-eye rangers, and THEY were on their list.

Ezic is a funny young fellow born on earth, but his family moved to the Pluto colony, and he was raised there. For his 18th birthday, he got a galaxyhopper V32, the cheapest, but coolest ship on the market! While testing it out, he hopped to a system quite far from Pluto.. He was lost for a while, and around that time, he heard news of earths destruction. As he reached for his signal receiver, to check for a Pluto distress signal, he found a note. "We gave you this ship because we knew you'd be better off exploring the stars. Think of us whenever you use an FTL boost! -Love, Your Mother and Father. It was the only thing he had left of his parents. This human boy had a long journey ahead. (Later dies after a long fought battle for an ancient vault artifact) :notworthy:

Voidguy and Ezic met pretty strangely. He was an AI, and Ezic had a ship! Ezic beamed down into an abandoned factory lab. Only to find a gassious figure with an Ex machina, standing around a heap of dead human scientists. He tried to touch him to get his attention, but his hand phased right through the dark gasses. He scans ezic with a bright red optical sensor. Then he notices the orb in ezics eye. Ezic says it got implanted into his eye when he was four years old. The glowing red eye scanned Ezics whole body and verified it friendly. Surprisingly, the AI said, Its no longer interesting here. They denied my orders to give me information. Since it seemed they we're both seeking the same thing, they both beamed to the galaxyhopper and went onto an adventure! (They later named the ship, bloody Mary, and formed the red-eye rangers. When Ezic tragically dies, Voidguy puts his body into a pseudobody he called, "spades"...)

(Ezic lives again. But seems... Different..)
    dotpict_20170215_005445.png dotpict_20170215_005812.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  14. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Later assassinated by the forces of the Cinncinati Zoo System

15. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

He used a turtle shell painted in grey/white

16. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A big Space Turtle shell that i painted in grey : )

edit: oh, apparently i was too late for the answer x )

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Aria, a human hacker.
    She sort of... Stole some poor guy's ship, sword, and Matter manipulator. She then replaced the guy's SAIL with her personal AI, an A.V.I.A.N MK 2 named Avi. Aria's hacking abilities include:
    Stealing data from anything that can take a USB drive.
    creating a temporary body for Avi
    making robots flock to her. There's a reason she calls herself the mechnomancer.
    The protectorate wants her hide for hacking and stealing the data of.. Well, everybody that one time. She snuck into Esther's office And it kinda spiraled out of control.
    Catchphrase: "can it be hacked?"

[​IMG]
    Vera, a lamia commander
    Vera was sent to this galaxy to keep an eye on the angry tentacle monsters. She entered the protectorate and... Well, Vera found it. She eventually found her old spaceship and Went for the ruin's destruction. It takes the assistance of a few others, according to an ancient prophecy.
    Catchphrase: "fine, I'll do it myself."

[​IMG]
    Mette, a Felin scientist.
    Mette was already a scientist, But a HUMAN scientist. An apex attack on her station resulted in Mette's capture. One experimental treatment later and she was a Felin. After getting back to her organization, Mette began her own station in her organization, ARC. She is followed by her faithful drone, mick, always studying everything. In her downtime, Mette likes to hang out With the Avali desertfeather clan and do science.
    Catchphrase: "For science!"

(sry, the images aren't working)

18. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Thanks m80

19. Jmack115

Jmack115 Orbital Explorer

His Name is Aron Star the son of Charles Star a member of a once great crew but that was the past Aron grew up in a very populated city learning to fight and how to stay alive he found himself starting to get into smuggling he was actually pretty good at it he stayed this way until he was 19 then one day his city was attacked by cultist avenging the ruin(this takes place 30 after the ruin was destroyed) his parents said this was their fight and that he needed to get off the planet as he said he was coming back for them but as he flew away the building crumbled to the ground now Aron is a explorer/tomb raider/smuggler/person for hire he wants revenge on the people that killed his parents and destroyed his city but now he needs a crew just like his father so now he searches for crew members.

20. Lambientan

Lambientan Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I’ve been thinking for a while and I came up with a nonsense. It is a little long and it starts even before the character is born:

Short after the destruction of Earth, without a capital, the social chaos reached other human colonies in other planets. Just imagine that the most important cities of your country with practically all the government get destroyed. How would that socially and politically affect the rest of the country? Exactly. Humans were desperate for structure and stabilization (among other things) and while they were working on it many ideologies of government started to pop up. Some wanted to keep the current system, some wanted to change it a bit, others just wanted total independency and others wanted radical change, but few started to find appealing other races’ model of government. Some humans wanted to copy the MiniKnog approach. Knowing that they were rather a minority and they wouldn’t get support (in fact, they would be opposed) by the rest of humanity, those colonies secretly contacted the MiniKnog seeking help and the MiniKnog, seeing an opportunity to expand the regime to other species and, according to the MiniKnog, because this was a signal that the humans started to see the correct path the MiniKnog decided to help. The MiniKnog started to build some discrete research facilities in planets populated by U.S.C.M ex-prisoners to basically kidnap humans with no name and experiment with them. The procedure was meant to be straight forward: do the same they did with VEP but with humans. However, although humans and Apex have similar evolutionary history, there are few but fundamental differences between their DNA and most of the experiments just brought back human ancestors (homo erectus and homo habilis) without any mental improvement. The research continued; the scientist needed to find out what parts of the human DNA needed to be correctly activated. As the research continued, a pregnant woman named Agatha was kidnaped and the scientist started to experiment with the embryo. Her beloved partner named Mathew in company with a multitude of ex-prisoners with desire of revolution planned to rise against the MiniKnog research facilities. At the same time, leaked information (because humans don’t know how to keep a long-term secret) from the pro-MiniKnog human colonies started to rise suspicions among the rest of the human colonies. The rise of the prisoners and the suspicions of humans make the MiniKnog to reconsider their involvement and concluded that it was not worth the risk of ruining any positive relation with most human colonies, so they canceled all human-VEP research with the correct protocols before it went out of control. As you can imagine, the protocols included getting rid of any non-successful result, which means killing any subject used and resulted from experiments. Most of subjects got killed but thanks to the rise of the ex-prisoners, and because the MiniKnog had nothing to do in those planets anymore, they quickly retreat leaving some subjects alive and among them was Agatha with her baby (my character), they even left some equipment. Few months after, the baby born and was named Lambientan (because I’m not egocentric at all). Due to the experiments, Lambientan born at the peak of human capabilities physically and mentally (I mean due to the experiments there was a chance of him being retarded and deformed but… nah), specially mentally, since he is a super genius that can even vie with most Apex. Eventually or rather inevitably, he found out a way to leave his home planet at an early age building a crappy space ship with parts from the prison and the equipment left behind the MiniKnog. He spent his teenage years stealing and getting in troubles. During one of his shenanigans he was escaping from a Floran crew chasing him because he got caught taking their hunting trophies to re-sell on the black market. The angry Florans were showed to be very persistent since they tracked and chased him during weeks (Lambientant found out that messing with Florans is quite dangerous). Between the running and hiding, he met an Apex named Ferguson (another character of mine that left his home world and training as law enforcer officer at a young age) with revolutionary ideas and is against the MiniKnog. After insistence, negotiation and begging from Lambientan, Ferguson decided to help him defeat the Florans… they couldn’t defeat them, so Lambientant had to give the trophies back but the Florans decided to stop the hunt because they respected the fight he and Ferguson put up against the them and because the chase was “pretty fun.” After that, Lambientan and Ferguson reminded together since both had no real destination and shortly the became best friends. A decade later they decided to do something with their lives other than aimlessly getting involved in situation, and they decided to join the protectorate.

Lambientan is not a heroic person, since he was raised by a colony of ex-prisoners and although his parents aren’t inherently bad, he grew up rather amoral. He is not afraid of stealing or even killing if he sees it necessary, although he is willing to show mercy and compassion from time to time. He enjoys the most carnal pleasures of life: sex, drugs, street fighting, drinking, eating and if it’s possible he combines all those elements. He is a sarcastic, cynical, somewhat arrogant, irreverent and somewhat impertinent fellow. Even though he is a super genius he avoids complexity in favor of simplicity and he thinks that “a true intelligent person looks the answers in the simplest things since all complexity is a bunch of simple thing having an orgy.” After joining the protectorate, he became more self-disciplined, but still conserving his mundane personality.

He prefers to be around humans and rebellious Apex, he likes to go to glitch villages and see a bunch of robots acting and speaking like medieval people in opposition to everything he read about robots in sci-fi books, he’ll hang out with female novakids since one of his goals in life is to trick one to have sexual intercourse just for the lols, he generally don’t see the folrans with good eyes for obvious reasons although he respects their savagery and don’t mind to go to village of Florans that aren’t totally savages, and he dislikes the Hylotl since he thinks they are too arrogant without justification.

So far that’s the story. If you bothered to read it (I wouldn’t) what do you think? I think I spent too much time thinking in this stuff… and is not like I have a lot of free time as I would like :p