1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The cool / cute / weird random monster thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, they have. I remember it was different before, now when I checked their special attacks I realized that they are different than before and now it seems random. Top one has electric beam dealing 1,33x damage with electric status and taking a while to shoot(completely useless attack, pet is mainly for appearance and not for fighting so it doesn't bother me) and bottom one has burst of ~5 bolts each of 1,33x base damage of no-element damage and it can basically destroy any random monster with it with it.

But basically yes, big birds are my favorite pets here :p

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Man, maybe I ought to post some more creatures. I feel like I'm just sitting here admiring you guys' discoveries.

Sir_Djak likes this.
  3. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wanna build a museum/zoo where whitelisted player can join you and give you their cool monster ? And then you put them in small cages/room and give them a name ?

4. Sir_Djak

vvfvf.JPG
    Look at this charging Dinosaur i captured from a volcanic planet.
    (still dont know if it got a big steel nose or its just a big steel shell on his face)

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

It makes me think of an armadillo crossed with this thing: google.com/search?q=Prolibytherium

6. Sir_Djak

dinloza.JPG
    Again i found another Dinosaur
    gh.JPG
    and then a strange looking thing

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. Sir_Djak

8. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

seeing this thread pop back up reminded me of something

has anyone found derrek yet?

9. Sir_Djak

Derrick*
    Nope :/, but there is in the files of the game a statue of him. You can find it on google by typing "Derrick statue starbounder"

10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Derrick's parts were removed from the game a long time ago.

11. Sir_Djak

lil'piggy.JPG
    a lil'piggy,

If anybody want it, he is located on Canoodle Rest II, X -415950041 Y749477724

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  12. Sir_Djak

afrodragon.JPG
    and now, an afrodragon

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  13. Iaeyan Elyuex

That's adorable! Does it fire rainbows out of its mouth?

14. Sir_Djak

Yep

15. Iaeyan Elyuex

I want one. Where are they?

16. Sir_Djak

Icarus Majoris I
    X= -415950075 Y= 749477660
    You're really lucky because i was seeking those birds for someone who wanted "Large Flying Monsters who shoot rainbows".

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  17. Iaeyan Elyuex

>loads totally not Poké Balls into pack< Sh-sh-sha!
    EDIT
    [​IMG]
    Oh my gosh, he's right! I'm not even using any mods that mess with creatures in any way. You guys! Go to the coordinates he said! Also, watch out for the meteors. I was not informed of the meteors.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. Sir_Djak

You don't even know how many large flying birds i needed to check to find that one... i even met a bird that shoot spikes from his back like he is pooping them

19. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually have a character for SB who has a backstory as an alien hunter, and there are.. ALOT of capture pods on his ship. I'll be sure to show em off! (Along witrh speculations on what exactly tf they are) Together we can name all the ProcGen aliens!
    O yea, check this out, if you love derrick, youll love this http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/derrick-returns.2306/

EDIT: My posts might start filling this thread, but you guys dont mind! Right? :0

20. Sir_Djak

Don't mind at all, i did the same. And on other threads too. Yeah i'm really bored when nobody talk with me :(