The Lone Robot (old fanfiction) should i continue?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Spicynoodle, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Spicynoodle

Spicynoodle Void-Bound Voyager

Found this archived on my reddit post back when there still was a 'fan-fiction' section 3 years ago. I just wanted to share this, seeing as no one saw it but myself. I'm skipping the first chapter because i don't really think it goes with the story, but i'd like your guy's opinion if i should continue! :)

CHAPTER 2: Only Human

It was the year 2033, the year of advancement -- 20 years after the discovery of the once 'vacant' universe had something parallel to what humans were. Man kind was seperated into diverse stone structures that were built upon the ruined terrain of their home planet, Tera. With the new technological revolution, man had buildings constructed at approximately 50 miles adjacent to one another; each with it's own society and procture to reign supremecy towards the advancement of their own civilization. The constructs were called 'collossi' in it's own apparency; each inbred with distinct differences from the outside world, towering 7 km above Tera's crust.

Of the most abnormal was the smallest collossi by the name of Minima, which resided the first of humans to be proctured by such an anomoly. It was considered the 'slums' of all that was protected, as it was the oldest and most run down of all the collossi; and the only structure left with such a concrete reserve. In Minima resided a small human, a boy that held aspirations bigger than his own world could project. The boy had hidden himself from the very own society that had forced him there at his whim. He was promised a better life, a better salvation in his own likelihood that not him, but even his own parents, parents that were dear to him, were promised. In media, these structures were the 'Promised Land' of the new generation, equitted with such protection, that not even Tera's own energy could defeat. When the first structure was built, humanity was astounded -- the first massive dome constructed for human's well-being; it was their promised land. Under the proclomation of Tera's leaders, every house was to be vacated 72 hours prior to the first stage of the promised advancement; Operation: Eden.

CHAPTER 3: Arrival

Sirens began blaring as rumbles of machines shook the earth underneath. Signs of hostility were shown at every incriment of the operation -- as the first to be hit was the center of Tera's one and only continent, Agartha. Through the times of many constituents and years of planning, that the most primitive and lowest populace of the future was to be in the center of it all. It was the influence of the motherland, the oldest of the now united nations, that stood tall in this newely founded world; as the world's new continent was to be constructed upon that very domain. We called it the center of the world, They called it, "The Garden".

Beyond that of the capital collossi resided a smaller town, built around the ancient structures of the civilizations that inhabited the caverns underneath the mountainous vacinity. The town's name was Antikythera, or otherwise known to that generation as the mech capital. The town was founded directly after the excavation of the underground civilizations that lingered for centuries; as each town of the surface was abandoned when the underground caverns were constructed. Reminents of ancient technological findings were left upon the mountain tops, along with towns that were filled with all but a strict, ghostly atmosphere. As the surface world built up, these civilizations built down -- but what set apart the single town of Antikythera was not that of the mechs, but because it was a melting pot for all technology. It was the only town explicitly to have both the undergound and surface technology together, and the first and only town to occupy it's own collossi: Minima.

The center was vacated 16 hours prior to command; as the troupe from the lead companies expanded south-west of it's first rendezvous. Antikythera, the town that once stood still, began to rustle with the wind; as each vibration of the ground reverberated off the victorian-esque architecture surrounding the vicinity.