1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Mantizi Empire (Patch 1.3) v0.8.3

Beetles and Romans and Space, together at last.

1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So, now that I know you're active on the forums again, are you going to try and update the mod in increments along with the unstable build so that when it gets pushed to stable you're not swamped?

2. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Yeah, I'm going to try and update as much as I can now. I actually started doing a little work last night, but apparently there's some issues with getting race selection expansions to work so I can't actually load up this mod and test it. Got a lot of spritework in the wings, though, ready to roll out as soon as I get a look at the latest code rewrite.

I would like a version or two to happen before stable though, at least one that has some fixes and tweaks for presentation if nothing else.

3. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

4. kyle131996

kyle131996 Aquatic Astronaut

Cool[DOUBLEPOST=1420348782][/DOUBLEPOST]So is this new stuff in the game yet?

5. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

It's working on my end. I'm working on the ship at the moment. The tier 1-4 ships are done, after that they're just human ships. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be.

I'll be updating this sometime around the stable release, whenever that is. Right now I'm trying to go in and fix as much as I can, as well as fill in some empty spaces that existed previously. There's a couple of new hair-styles, some coloring was fixed, I unified the palette (which won't be as obvious until furniture starts going in, which I've got a lot of sprite work done on the basics like chairs and beds and whatnot), weapons should behave like vanilla ones with greatsword blocks and 1h directional aiming, etc.

6. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

7. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

I have another update coming with some fixes and some cool new stuff, but I'm not in a location with a stable enough internet connection to upload anything. Hold on folks, update soon!

8. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

UnsubRedun updated The Mantizi Empire (Glad Giraffe) with a new update entry:

Getting the party started.

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Ichthyodactyl

Ichthyodactyl Subatomic Cosmonaut

So far, I'm really enjoying the mod. I may, however, have encountered a bug? (hue hue hue)

I crafted a Shiv, (I assume this is the Iron Dagger of the racial weapons for the Mantizi) and this is what happened (the icon for the weapon in the craft menu also seems to be messed up);

Mantizi bug.jpg

10. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Aw shit. I know exactly what the problem is. For some reason it's using my preview file I made for all the daggers instead of the file for just the single dagger. I'll check it out in a bit and see if it's doing that for any of the other daggers and I'll make a note to push a fix for it before the next content update.

e: Alright so it's just that one file, if you can deal with it until you upgrade you shouldn't have that problem anymore. I fixed it and the next release won't have that error anymore. Thank you for the report!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  11. Ichthyodactyl

I figured it was something like that and none of the other weapons I saw were problematic so no biggie. Glad I could help in some small way. :p

I'm going to play a bit further with the mod before giving it a review but I've got to say that so far, I think it's probably one of the better race mods out there, man. Kudos.

12. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Thank you! I always appreciate it when people send me bug reports, makes fixing them much easier!

13. Ichthyodactyl

Hello again. I think I may have found another little bug. Sadly, I don't have a screenshot of this one, I tried to take one but I'm not sure what happened. Basically, I noticed that the second-to-final upgrade to the ship, there is a distinct black border box around the entire ship. I didn't notice it on any of the classes of ship before that one and I didn't notice it on the final upgrade either (I did look for it afterwards though). Just a thick, black line box around the whole ship.

Edit: Also, I don't know if it's strictly a bug but the second upgrade (to Kestrel-class) is supposed to also come with the pre-placed Research Station, which it seems currently it does not. I don't know if it's just that it hasn't been added yet or if there's an issue with adding that for some reason but the Kestrel-class Mantizi ship definitely doesn't come with a Research Station.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  14. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Yeah I haven't touched on the ships in a long while, there's definitely stuff I'm missing. Thanks for reminding me, I'll look into getting that research station added back in. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

As for the black border, that's just a visual bug, I know what the issue is. I have all of the ship graphics in a single PDF and I have each size marked off with a border, I must have forgotten to remove the border for that stage.

15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The Mantizi causes log errors when used in conjunction with other mods like Viera and Orcana, because you did not properly patch into friendlyguard.npctype.

To elaborate, here is your patch file for friendlyguard.npctype:

Code:
    [
        { "op" : "add",
            "path" : "/scriptConfig/dialog/hail",
            "value" : "/dialog/mantizi.config:friendlyguard_hail"
        },
        { "op" : "add",
            "path" : "/items",
            "value" : { "mantizi" : [
                [0, [
                    {
                        "head" : [ { "name" : "mantizitier1head" } ],
                        "chest" : [ { "name" : "mantizitier1chest" } ],
                        "legs" : [ { "name" : "mantizitier1pants" } ],
                        "primary" : [
                            "npcassaultrifle"
                        ]
                    }
                ] ]
            ] }
        }
    ]

Here is friendlyguard.npctype:

Code:
    {
      "type" : "friendlyguard",
      "baseType" : "guard",

"damageTeamType" : "friendly",

"scriptConfig" : {
        "attackerLimit" : 8,
        "attackerLimitCooldown" : 3,

"idleTimeRange" : [1, 2],

"dialog" : {
          "tenant" : {
            "grumbles" : {
              "tagCriteria" : "/dialog/grumble.config:tagCriteria",
              "enclosedArea" : "/dialog/grumble.config:enclosedArea",
              "otherDeed" : "/dialog/grumble.config:otherDeed",
              "severe" : "/dialog/grumble.config:severe",
              "final" : "/dialog/grumble.config:final"
            },
            "arrivedHome" : {
              "beacon" : "/dialog/arrivedhome.config:beacon",
              "rent" : "/dialog/arrivedhome.config:rent"
            }
          },
          "hail" : {
            "default" : {
              "default" : [
                "Good to see you!"
              ]
            },
            "avian" : {
                "I aim to protect this land in the name of Kluex!",
                "This isn't such a bad job... No Stargazers here, at least.",
                "Hello, friend! May Kluex keep you safe through me.",
                "Kluex bless you!"
              ]
            },
            "apex" : {
                "Greetings. Back from adventuring?",
                "Have you gathered intel on your ventures?",
                "The area is secure, so worry not.",
                "Don't worry, I have this location under control."
              ]
            },
            "floran" : {
                "Floran wantsss to get into fight...",
                "Floran ready to keep area sssafe!",
                "Floran isss dressed for battle!",
                "Do not worry, Floran will ssstab intrudersss."
              ]
            },
            "glitch" : {
                "Subservient. I live to protect.",
                "Proud. I have experience guarding things. Like you.",
                "Observant. I need to keep the area safe from hostile activity.",
                "Questioning. When do you think I could take a break?"
              ]
            },
            "human" : {
                "I wasn't slacking off, I swear!",
                "Man, look at me, being all guard-y and not sleeping on the job.",
                "I have to keep the area clear of hostile forces. Easy stuff.",
                "I love being employed as a guard. Gives me lots of thinking time."
              ]
            },
            "hylotl" : {
                "There is an elegance in living to protect others, don't you think?",
                "Greetings! May you live calmly whilst I'm here to protect you.",
                "Stay peaceful, for I'm here to keep the area safe.",
                "Hey! If you get the chance, you should watch as I elegantly defeat hostile forces."
              ]
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }

And here is the patch result:

Code:
    {
      "type" : "friendlyguard",
      "baseType" : "guard",
      "damageTeamType" : "friendly",
      "scriptConfig" : {
        "attackerLimit" : 8,
        "attackerLimitCooldown" : 3,
        "idleTimeRange" : [ 1, 2 ],
        "dialog" : {
          "tenant" : {
            "grumbles" : {
              "tagCriteria" : "/dialog/grumble.config:tagCriteria",
              "enclosedArea" : "/dialog/grumble.config:enclosedArea",
              "otherDeed" : "/dialog/grumble.config:otherDeed",
              "severe" : "/dialog/grumble.config:severe",
              "final" : "/dialog/grumble.config:final"
            },
            "arrivedHome" : {
              "beacon" : "/dialog/arrivedhome.config:beacon",
              "rent" : "/dialog/arrivedhome.config:rent"
            }
          },
          "hail" : "/dialog/mantizi.config:friendlyguard_hail"
        }
      },
      "items" : {
        "mantizi" : [ [ 0, [ {
          "head" : [ {
            "name" : "mantizitier1head"
          } ],
          "chest" : [ {
            "name" : "mantizitier1chest"
          } ],
          "legs" : [ {
            "name" : "mantizitier1pants"
          } ],
          "primary" : [ "npcassaultrifle" ]
        } ] ] ]
      }
    }

Notice that the result is significantly shorter than the vanilla file.

Please address this issue when you can.

Edit:

Also, this batch of errors is rather significant as well:

Code:
    [00:02:36.347] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1.png'
    [00:02:36.354] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1.png:default'
    [00:02:36.386] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium1/vaseclassicmedium1icon.png'
    [00:02:39.235] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialcurtain1/curtain1.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialcurtain1/curtain1.png'
    [00:02:39.244] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialcurtain1/curtain1.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialcurtain1/curtain1.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialcurtain1/curtain1.png:default'
    [00:02:39.858] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2.png'
    [00:02:39.866] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2.png:default'
    [00:02:39.889] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall2/vaseclassicsmall2icon.png'
    [00:03:05.995] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1.png'
    [00:03:06.003] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1.png:default'
    [00:03:06.015] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge1/vaseclassiclarge1icon.png'
    [00:03:29.614] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2.png'
    [00:03:29.622] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2.png:default'
    [00:03:29.634] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvaselarge2/vaseclassiclarge2icon.png'
    [00:03:47.797] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulb.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulb.png'
    [00:03:47.807] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulb.png:default.default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulb.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulb.png:default.default'
    [00:03:47.819] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulbicon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialhanginglight/lightbulbicon.png'
    [00:03:47.863] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2.png'
    [00:03:47.872] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2.png:default'
    [00:03:47.887] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasemedium2/vaseclassicmedium2icon.png'
    [00:03:47.914] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1.png'
    [00:03:47.920] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1.png:default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1.png:default'
    [00:03:47.931] Error: Could not load image asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/mantizi/imperialvasesmall1/vaseclassicsmall1icon.png'

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  16. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Hi, I'm in the middle of making an extended dialog mod for custom races (since the default conversations are getting quite boring when you use different races and get the same results), and the Mantizi is planned to be in it. I still have a ton of dialog to go through though, and I could use your help in writing a line or two. (That means you too, Mantizi fans! Not just the mod-maker!)
    More details: thread link
    And oh, feel free to delete this post if it gets too spam-y. I'm gonna post this on each included race's discussion page.
    Thanks for reading this, at least!

17. krab421

krab421 Void-Bound Voyager

your mantizi mod is the thing hat ispired me to start my own mod, love the race the ship and while it isnt as spoken of as the argonians or avali t is the only mod that got the incekts class right . the vespoids are alright but only the mantizi are good enougth to please even the pesimistic bug lovers

18. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope you are working on the mod for 1.0 relase. I love playing custom races and this mod is amazing in so many ways.

19. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

are you gonna update the mod with the 1.0 ? (to the workshop ?) because i really love it and i really want to play it :) and it's one of my favorite mods !!

20. Estift13

Estift13 Intergalactic Tourist

For some reason the mod does not work well, I install it but when I wanted to start the game it only remained loading and in the end it closed, erase the mod and I could play, is it not compatible with the new version of the game?