1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

2. ManicRykker

Ok, so I think I need to make a little announcement...

The next update for the PenguinPiracyMod is going to be the last update, for the time being.

I am not done with the mod. I am not discontinuing it. I'm sorta going to be putting it into a sort of... "Intermission".

I feel I have reached a point in my progression where pushing updates is becoming difficult. Ideas are more limited, and I'm not getting as many suggestions as before. (Ones pretaining to the mod, as well as being something I can feasibly do right now)

I feel that if I keep going at the current moment, future updates could get lazy. and I don't want that.

So, I'm pausing development for the time being. I will still keep an eye on the mod's pages, and answer questions when I can.

I will be opening up a feedback discussion thread on the Steam workshop. (For those on the Chucklefish forums, you can just use the normal discussion thread.) I would like feedback from players who chew through most of the mod's content. I want to know what you like, what you think is balanced/or unbalanced (Taking their placement in progression in mind), etc.

As for when updates could kick back in? I'd say either around the time the Space update drops, or some time after that. (Depending on how early or late it is.)

That's about it. Gonna work on finishing this update.

3. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracyMod V7.3 - The Intermission Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod (Update Intermission) with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracyMod V8 - The Tigershark Update

5. lai03

lai03 Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the file and unziped it, but it doesn't seem to appear in the game. pls help

6. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

bug report:
    i am using the nebulites mod and frackin, my nebulite guy is for some reason walking legs deep in the earth

7. ManicRykker

Well the PenguinPiracyMod itself shouldn't be affecting other races. (penguinoids have their own humanoid config)

If you're using HumanoidTweaks, I suggest removing it. That mod is situational, and really only meant for penguin only multiplayer.(It also, while generally having patch mods for some other modded races, isn't complete yet. I have yet to add ones for a few other race mods, and some patches I have may not match the race kind ids... (depending on whether a mod author used Felin, felin, catrace, etc.. As an example))

Technically, one really only needs the base mod (PenguinPiracyMod) and one of the addons (PPM-NormalPenguin) to experience mod content and play as a penguin.

Other stuff (like MiscTweaks, the patches, etc) are optional/only needed if you're also using the mod they patch.

If you're more of a fan of the Steam Workshop, the mods are there too.

Edit: It has been awhile though.. Might add some new documentation.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  8. ManicRykker

9. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

removed the humanoid tweaks patch, everything seems hunky dory now, thanks bro

ManicRykker likes this.
  10. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I've found a rather crippling issue since installing the v8 update of this mod.

A quest giver asked me to obtain 2 leather and 2400 copper ore! I adminmoded the stuff just to see what kind of insane thing he wanted it for, and it was a tungsten chair. That is, 2 leather and 1 tungsten bar. Because quest givers automatically adopt any added crafting recipes for their requests, it seems that something in the PPM contains the crafting chain "2400 copper ore => 1 tungsten bar".

Why do I think this mod caused this? Because deleting the PPM files caused the quest to error out (since the quest giver couldn't derive the next step, apparently).

Hope you can figure out the issue.

11. ManicRykker

That... Is incredibly strange. There's a lot of recipes in my mod, but I definitely don't remember adding something that turns a ridiculous amount of copper ore into a singular bar of tungsten...

To look into this thoroughly, I would need a log file with the issue in action. (A log of what exactly errors when the mod is removed would have helped too)

Nevertheless, I will look regardless.

12. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The log files for that occasion has long since been overwritten. If I get that kind of quest again, though, I'll try to get something.

13. ManicRykker

Perhaps we should take this to a conversation, so I can relay some stuff..

14. ManicRykker

WARNING: The next update in the works is going to result in penguin armor you currently own turning into pgis. There isn't much I can do about this, as I am making a change to how it's handled, and I can't have anyone still owning the certain versions of the armor.

Sorry in advance.

15. ManicRykker

Just for some clarification on yesterday's message: The change to penguin armor I mentioned will likely be going up today.

Remember, before updating to the new version when it is pushed, I highly recommend if you have any penguin armor in your possession (no matter the tier), that you sell it, if you have any at all that is. Once you install the update, they will turn into pgis otherwise. You have been warned...

16. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod with a new update entry:

PPM V8.1 - The Armor Tweak Update

17. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dude, this is one of the most filled-with-content mods out there. Please keep up the good work!
    I'm just randomly thanking you here :)

ManicRykker likes this.
  18. ManicRykker

Aww thanks!

I hope to be working on this mod for a long time... or at least as long as I'm capable. During that time, I want to tune it up, and pack it with as much stuff as I can. Dunno what I'll add, or when.. but I have plans!

ChatNoir likes this.
  19. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

--Hmmmmmmmm--

20. ManicRykker

Oh, by the by. I've decided to re-open the mod's Discord Server, since things are a bit bigger now.

https://discord.gg/EQ5GrVA

You don't have to join it if you don't want to, but I'll be checking that more frequently, and be able to reply quicker from there if people actually use it.

Just thought I'd throw it out here.