The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thingyman

Thingyman Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe he means if you need to have previously played in one of the Penguin games in order to nominate someone?

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I believe he has played though.

HunterC1998, Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Thingyman

Maybe he suffers from amnesia? :D

HunterC1998 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

If you do mean that in order to nominate you must've played in previous games, yes, I think that should apply. Also means that you can nominate someone since you were in TPS 13 I think? edit: and TPG 4 too

But if you're asking if you need to take part in some game in order to nominate someone, nah, just go ahead.

HunterC1998, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Maybe I remembered wrong! But I'm fairly sure Ren Fox played in the latest game I hosted. : P

6. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

Sorry for the late response,

I nominate...
    Miss Alkane
    And, Zebe

I've only played Penguin Mafia Twice.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Ah, we aren't voting yet, and we've already been nominated, but thank you.

Ren Fox, Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

Thingyman and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Thingyman

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...Time-Is-Now!?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.

Zebe, Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I guess this is a good point to actually start voting. Seems like no more nominations are coming... But I'll give it a hour of two before I set up the poll, so if someone stumbles here before that point, they can nominate someone else/themselves.

Nominations so far:
    • Miss Alkane
    • Zebe
    • HunterC1998

Thingyman, Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

An hour, two, or seventeen, where's the difference?

Anyway, the poll's now up! Feel free to cast your votes! I'll close the poll on 22nd.
    Also, please don't vote if you haven't played in TPS or TPG, or followed the games. You probably won't have know who's a good representative.

Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Can one vote for oneself? I believe that's where some confusion arose last time...

Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Oh, yeah I think so. I see no reason to forbid that.

14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The voting ends today! Or tomorrow, depending on your timezone! 22nd, in any case.

We've only got 4 votes... If anyone sees this, votes would be appreciated!

15. Thingyman

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Final reminder: If your community hasn't picked a representative yet, your deadline is by the end of tomorrow (April 23).

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

Zebe, Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I voted, but all I do is lurk. Shhh....

Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Thingyman

Today's the final day. Please tag me when your rep is decided :)

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

@Thingyman

I figure it's the time to announce the winner of the poll and out representative.
    And yes, who else would it be than @Miss Alkane, who's going to have a second go at the Championships! All the good luck for them!

Thingyman, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

hERE WE GO AGAIN

Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  20. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

hey, is it too late to join?

Jimlad 42 likes this.