The Penguin Syndicate VI - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Feb 24, 2016.

?

The representative for Mafia Championships?

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. zeskorion

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. DustyScabbard

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. quitaren12

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Apathy Applied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Less than 4 days left, so better hurry. There's a poll now. vote or be modkilled jk ...maybe

Since the poll can have only 10 options, I just used the list of nominated players. There's room for a few more, so if anyone has any additional nominees to nominate for the nomination poll, say it soon before too many people vote since I guess editing the poll resets the votes.

Alkanthe and The Squid like this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Additional nominees? Hmmm, I'll have to think *cough cough ZEBE cough cough*

Zebe, MilkCalf and Alkanthe like this.
  3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

so nah
    Honestly though, I'm rusty. It's been a long time since I played a full game.

Alkanthe and The Squid like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I like how the votes are going.

5. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

So as 18th is soon here, I'll close the poll tomorrow and then we have our representative. i wonder if we'll be the last in that regard ._.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Saving the best for last!

MilkCalf and Zebe like this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

That's true. hopefully that and not like giving the picture of these forums being full of procrastinators

The Squid, MilkCalf and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

but we totally are procrastinators

at least I am

...heh

The Squid and Zebe like this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Alright. The voting time is over, even though the poll can't be closed for some reason. The results:

Miss Alkane - 5
    DustyScabbard - 3
    zeskorion - 2
    quitaren12 - 1
    Apathy Applied - 0

Thus, Miss Alkane has been chosen as the representative for the Mafia Championships.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, that was only slightly unexpected. I'll do my best to represent the logician side of TPS, and maybe even win some games for y'all!

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

So I have to make a bio for the championships.... any idea what I should put on it? Thingyman suggested adding some quotes about me from other players.
    Also, I gotta say our format and posts in general are SOOOO MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. Like, everybody actually uses grammar and makes sense here. I don't have to decipher what anybody's trying to say. :rofl:

The Squid, zeskorion and Zebe like this.
  12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

You are a wildcard. This is not always a good thing

Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I can see why you'd say that, lol.

I'm interested to see how Zebe would describe me as a player, since he knows the rolesets and everything that's going on during the games.

Zebe likes this.
  14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

It's hard to come up with a quote that summarizes your play in short. Do make some notes during the games, but those are mostly mental notes I don't write down and forget later. So I don't have any quick descriptions. I can try to come up with something that could go into a bio... though i can attest to the wildcard thing

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sure, that works. And I was especially wildcard 6th game, lol.

16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

You're very clever, that's for sure. Probably one of the best at figuring out who all the people are.

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Thingyman

Thingyman Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys

Your representative has been scheduled for the game below.

Game 1 - April 25 (36/12 phases, American deadlines)
    Beluga Whale
    BFG
    Bitoku
    Easy
    Haelbarde
    Iamnobody
    JohnnyK
    KingofDominaria
    Lissa
    Mantichora
    Marco
    Messremb
    Miss Alkane
    Necare
    Prime Intellect
    VikeStep
    XLAV

The game is taking place on Mafia Universe. You can find the specific subforum dedicated to the championship here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/forums/36-The-Mafia-Championship-2016

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 140 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. Just add me: thingyman.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) [​IMG]

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! [​IMG]

18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Is there a need for spectator convo? I could make one if that'd be used.

I kinda forgot this bio thing. Hopefully not too late, but I said I'd say something. So, in short: you're a skilled player who knows the way around every alignment.

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

(Lol too late, they don't get to know that.)

The Squid, Zebe and zeskorion like this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It might be better to post in the UFO Lounge here, as Zebe made it as a sort of hub for Chucklefish Mafia things.

Thingyman, zeskorion and Zebe like this.