Things That Still Have You Scratching Your Head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dwarfus, Mar 28, 2017.

1. springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

And why is it broken every year at the Luau, even though I fixed it in year 1?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

The Wizard has a broken version! he switches them around (from before and after you fixed it) that he has to place in order to keep you from escaping the occation where you should be chit-chatting with the community!

springacres likes this.
      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

The finest two boards in the valley xD

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Why do the Junimos/Jojamart need to fix the greenhouse? Why can't Robin just do it? I mean, she can build cellars, sheds, barns, wells, silos, why not greenhouses?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I bet she hates working with glass ... maybe... perhaps... possibly

• Ipielle

Ipielle Title Not Found

Hoooo! A kind of time loop theory? Interesting! ^^
              But what about the seasons then, when there is different stuff to collect and differently colored slimes?
              Do you think someone has been creating four different timeloops for each season?
              Like the witch so she can have an ever ending supply of magical herbs and other stuff?
              I GET IT!
              This is the witch secret garden where she grows her magical plants, breed her slimes and has picnic on big old oak stumps, oaks having magical properties and all...
              It is the king of trees or something like this. But she hates any male representative because of what happened with her husband the wizard and gets her revenge by having only oak stumps and not oak trees.
              She lets them grow very fast and then throws a lot of spells and there is only the stumps remaining.
              And she finds it funny when even the stump is annihilated by the player and she decided to always leave them for us to destroy.
              And ... and...

Ok, I will shut up now! ^^

Corraidhín and LuthienNightwolf like this.
              • PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Robin comes in every day at 5:50 AM to chop the tops of them off.

Leah knows of the ones that you have to walk through the trees to get to and takes those ones, too.

Both of them vault over the log before you break it.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                • ellindsey

ellindsey Space Spelunker

I found a giant mushroom on my farm.
                  I put a tapper on it to see what would happen.
                  I expected to get some kind of bizarre mushroom juice.
                  Instead, I found in the tapper a fully formed mushroom, of a different species than the giant mushroom.
                  That is not how mushrooms work, Stardew Valley. You are being very silly.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Oh, sure, you'll accept flying serpents, living slimes, walking skeletons, magical gumdrops, crop fairies, stumps that regenerate in a day, a giant mouse who sells hats, and demonic chickens... but mushroom tapping is just silly. :poke:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

There's no bathrooms in ANY of the houses, Leah doesn't have a kitchen, Jodie's bed is way too small so I assume Kent is couch-surfing...and Marnie has a window that looks into Shane's room. So there's more weirdness for ya.

I just gave up trying to make sense of everything a long time ago. lol

Lilliput likes this.
                      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'm down with that. This world is a kooky nutty kinda-way-out groovy off-the-wall sort of a place. Or, maybe it's totally normal and your farmer just hallucinates a lot.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Probably ate too many mushrooms. ;D

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Except that it isn't! One day you will go to bed and wake up in your Joja Co. workplace. It was all a dream! You are still a Joja drone! :rofl:

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh WOW I never noticed Marnie's window... jesus! I always figured Leah would improvise and cook anywhere there weren't any sculpting tools in place lol.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Everytime I dig up a wiggle stick spot on the beach and get the glass shards artifact I cringe. :I

Especially since I seem to find them quite often. The beach apparently is full of broken glass. 8I

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Funny, I keep finding books on my most recent save... makes me think this version of the universe has a Penny with a secret penchant to read at late hours in the beach.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

The ocean is full of broken glass (as well as loads of other trash) and it does wash up fairly often all over the world, there's even a beach so full of broken glass it's called Glass Beach. Why broken glass is considered museum worthy in this game is... odd, though.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

-Shrug- Maybe it somehow is REALLLLLLLLY old glass?

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I guess.
                                        I actually think I've seen broken glass in a museum before, now that I think about. It came from something specific though, like a specific time period or building or something like that, not just some random glass they found at the beachX3

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Maybe Gunther is having it identified? Or DID identify it, and the Farmer just doesn't care where/when he said it was from? xD I mean, apparently Stardew Valley used to be a really popular area for vacations, so maybe it was the center of some sort of artistic center a couple thousand years ago. Weirder things have happened in history.

Heck, maybe it's from the Stardew Valley world equivalent of Atlantis.