Things That Still Have You Scratching Your Head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dwarfus, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

It's a new war strategy from the Gotoro Empire! they fill up bags with broken glass and fling them towards the unknown! and that mostly ends up being SDV beaches...

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Actually, that makes me wonder. What IS the Ferngill-Gotoro War about? I mean, is there any concrete info, or is it just whatever the player decides to interpret it as being over?

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I don't think it's ever mentioned what the war is about, so it can be about whatever the player want it to be.

Borodin likes this.
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Exactly. The idea is to keep things vague enough to engage players, and leave them to formulate their own theories. Kind of like trying to figure out reality.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That's one of my favourite things in books, comics and games <3 when they explain the world JUST enought for you to create from, formulate your own ideas of what is and what goes on! SDV did that although a BIT on the slim side! like without Sam we wouldn't know there is even a bloody war going on! ... hey, why is nobody else in the valley worried about this? not even the Mayor! or Pierre! (since economics, blah blah infliation market prices blah)

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

One thing I was curious on...

Haley whines about needing to spend quite awhile to get to a clothing store. There IS internet though - Abby's online courses. Has Haley never heard of Amazon?

• PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Judging by Kent, the prison camps were pretty generous (they seem to have given him treasure chests, gold pumpkins, sugar, poppies, luxurious bookcases/tables/chairs, plasma tvs, houseplants, paintings, the Stardew Hero Trophy, etc.), so I can't imagine that they're all that bad.

Maybe the reason that Sam says that Ferngill soldiers are all being shot up is because they have to put up with those stupidly weak slingshots.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Little known fact, the sound of popcorn doesn't set Kent off because it reminds him of gunfire. It's just a horrible reminder of the terrible movie nights they had in the prison camp. He can't stand Junior Mints for the same reason. :poke:

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Damn, talk about plot twist! lol

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

It could also have been sea glass from shipwrecks.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, in the same dialogue, she mentions how she orders online because it's easier than driving twenty miles each way. So yes, she has heard of whatever Ferngill's equivalent of Amazon is. Hmm... maybe she's the reason Joja decided to open a store in Pelican Town? Maybe she bought so many clothes online from them that they thought there was a market for their other products there?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Now that's a plot I can get behind! "why is there even a mart in the middle of nowhere?" *points at the fashionist*

springacres likes this.
                          • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe Gunther wants to increase awereness that glass which is thrown into the sea will litter the shores of the world. He does it for the enviroment.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I swear... when I read gunther, I couldn't remember if there was anyone in Pelican town called that... but it's that guy by the museum right? he never comes out and never talks to anyone, and basically does not exist anywhere that is not your farm or the library right? gosh, I had even forgotten his bloody name! why is he never anywhere?!

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Presumably, he was added almost as an afterthought, and so doesn't figure into any major events or relationships. But if you want the real lowdown, ask CA. Or try. And good luck.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well I suppose his answer will be quite relatable to yours! I wouldn't like bothering someone when you have already presented a very convincing reply!

Borodin likes this.
                                  • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only bathrooms are at the spa. :rofl: Yet I never see anyone there. Elliott doesn't have a kitchen either. Maybe he cooks on the campfire outside.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

That's a really long walk to use the toilet. lol

Corraidhín and Charity322 like this.
                                      • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Linus goes into the "lobby" of the spa on snowy winter days in order to warm up. On some days Alex trains there and Penny has her ten heart event there too.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I feel bad for Vincent, honestly. His room is sooooo small, barely large enough to walk in.