This planet ain't big enough for the both of us...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by AlexakΩ_0.o, Jun 17, 2017.

1. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

Howdy!Might wanna come by since I'm just what you call....a newb.
    I have a few questions that may or may not need to be answered by all of y'all folks out there.If you are wondering why am I talking like is cause I'm a Novakid.
    YEE-HAW!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. Alexander Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton Star Wrangler

Howdy. I'm a human so hello

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  3. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome aboard, fellow human-shaped burning ball of gas! If you have any questions, feel free to ask :3

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Hello~! Aaawk~!
    Welcome aboard the space train!

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  5. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

You said it.lol.How to get titanium in a shot period of time?

Lodish likes this.
  6. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I'd suggest to rush to planets where your ship indicates the presence of titanium, and either (or both):
    A) Travel all around the planet, you can find a bit of ore here and there in various structures with containers; that way you'll find some of it with minimal danger
    :cool: Dig underground for a while, and before you notice it you'll have plenty of titanium to play with

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  7. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

Thanks!

Lodish likes this.
  8. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

I also had this other question....Which one would you prefer?Ranged or Melee?Is melee overall better than range due to it being able to attack despite having no more energy or ranged due to it being able to gun enemies down?
    Thanks!

9. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I'd say that depends on playstyle and the enemy you're attacking.
    In general I use a blink explosion sword because they're very powerful. But that damage won't get you anywhere when you're being hosed down by a small army.

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  10. AlexakΩ_0.o

AlexakΩ_0.o Poptop Tamer

Thanks!

11. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

A mix of the two is often a good solution. It entirely depends on your playstyle, but having both a high knockback melee weapon and a gun in your inventory is alwayw worth it.

Parrotte and AlexakΩ_0.o like this.
  12. Johny Marth

Johny Marth Void-Bound Voyager

I gotta agree with Lodish, I personally use the basic aegisalt pistols (might take you some more time until you can use those), the upgraded aegisalt armour and a one-handed sword with a shield. Since the pistols are piercing you can handle crowds of basically any size as long as they're melee. Most enemies will die before even reaching you and in case they don't, you block their attacks with the shield dash backwards and use your replenished energy to finish them off. There might be some legendary weapons that do a better job but I'm quite content. Also staffs are fun to use and have a lot of different attack types.

PS: I also advise you to get a visor for your cosmetic slot. There is no gameplay effect to it just looks cool. At least at a human or apex.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  13. Rocket6488

Rocket6488 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You mean, like the big ape mission collectible?

14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello, Alexa. Welcome to the forums.

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  15. Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

Hi ya, welcome to the forum!

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG]

• Read the forum rules here
    • Avoid Double posting. You can always edit your previous post.
    • You can change your forum name here
    • The Forum Signature is off by default , you can turn it on in your account preferences
    • And lastly , have fun!
    • Also, I do free starbound-related art requests here
    • and Stardew Valley - related art here

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  17. Johny Marth

The one that you can find in basically any Miniknog Base (http://starbounder.org/Visor), although I found mine in a random chest at the start of my journey (haven't even fought Big Ape in my current playthrough).

AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.
  18. Rocket6488

I solemnly swear I have NEVER seen that outside the big ape mission

19. Johny Marth

Well yeah, the chances appear to be rather slim, so if you're not specifically searching it you probably won't find it. I was lucky I guess.

20. Rocket6488

Well, I also haven't been paying attention to loot. I beam down, circumnavigate, then sell any loot.

Quite a profitable business, no? Have a solid 304k. Too bad I have issues with the player/world config. Something about invalid tile 2731? Eh, I'll check the bug forums.

Edit: Correction, 3.04 mil, I have 304 10k voxels.
    All my in pocket cash and other things I've bought tally around another 40k or so

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    AlexakΩ_0.o likes this.