Tram rails, how do they behave?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Thorium1, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Thorium1

Thorium1 Aquatic Astronaut

So I've been trying to figure out wiring with help of the wiki, but there isn't a similar guide to how the rail/tram works.

Now I've watched the only guide on youtube that explains a bit about rails but my problem isn't mentioned in the video, which is the following:

[​IMG]

For some reason, when my tram gets called to the location I am standing or one floor below from the exact position it's in, it will move according to the green lines. It will literally go left, down, back up, right to the same position it was in and then go down.

Is this a wiring issue? I've tried different wiring setups but the problem can only be fixed when I disconnect the left part from the right, which means my entire idea is useless.

Also it refuses to use the railway in the middle unless called directly across. It'll simply take the higher railway 9/10 times.

Apart from that, it works just fine and efficient any other way. If I call it from the upper left to the middle right it'll move right and then down. Just like you'd expect.

Now I'll probably be able to think of a way to force it to use a certain path when called from there and guide the tram that way, but that's going to be messy, especially since I plan to add a lot more floors to it. Should I just scrap this design and make a simple elevator? Thoughts?