Trying to recreate a lost spear

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by SacredCaedeus, Jun 10, 2017.

1. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

So, I posted over on the reddit to try and get some help and so far no go. Figured I'd drop a thread here in order to reach more people.

To explain, the update reset my controls. Why is that important? Well, the default key for dropping items is Q. Long before the update I set that to P and set "Open Inventory" to Q instead. When the update hit and controls reset... well, guess what happened. Suffice it to say, I lost a pretty decent spear and I'm trying to create an approximation of it, because that thing served me well through close to a hundred encounters at least.

I delved into the more detailed side of weapon spawning to try and create an approximation of my old spear, but I've been running into problems. Between getting generic items (the command flat out being wrong somewhere) or getting screwed up spears that swing once and just stay in the "out" position... well, I can't make heads or tails of the command and I can't figure out what's causing my problems.

Would anyone here be willing to help me recreate my old spear? The important details are that it was common or uncommon and had no element, it had blade spin as its special, it was found on a volcanic planet (so level... 5 or 6?) and it had a pretty decent swing speed (at least 1 or slightly higher) and damage. After unpacking the assets I learned that the spear's blade was 13 and the handle was 5.

This is the command I drummed up that creates this spear that swings once and just stops working:

/spawnitem commonspear 1 '{"level":6,"elementalType":"Physical","primaryAttack":{"fireTime":1.2,"baseDps":29.8},"altAbilitySource":"/items/active/weapons/melee/abilities/spear/spin/spin.altability","animationParts":{"blade":"/items/active/weapons/melee/spear/blade/13.png","handle":"/items/active/weapons/melee/spear/handle/5.png"}}'

I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: So, I've tried messing with this some more and I'm finding that despite people and resources telling me the json itself is correct, and even using two different versions of the command... the game constantly spawns things that are not as I specified. It can't even get the ability right. Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going wrong here? I'm following examples I'm seeing all over the place, but the game just does what it wants or tells me I'm wrong. I can't even begin to explain how frustrating that is. The ONLY command I can get to work consistently is this:

/spawnitem commonspear 1 '{"level":6}

That's it. ANYTHING else I include doesn't work. Specify the alt ability? Nah, doesn't work. It spits flurry or blade spin at me regardless. Specified stats? Nope, still randomizes them. I'd really like some help here. Is what I'm following outdated? Are paths wrong? I can't find anything to tell me what it is that's wrong, just that it's not working.

http://starbounder.org/Modding:Custom_Weapons

https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/3wnxwo/spawning_items_ingame_with_any_specs_and_looks/

Those are the main things I'm looking at right now.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

You don't even need commands to get your spear back, but you need to go on a huge quest after installing mods. Get the "Weapon Assembly Station" mod, then craft the station. go out and find procedural weapons that have parts that look like ones on the old spear. Bring those to the assembly station, and take the parts to make another spear. Look for instructions on the mod page for instructions.

3. SacredCaedeus

I really rather not resort to mods just for the sake of getting one weapon back, in all honesty... And after reading the reviews, the mod seems to have its own problem of poor damage assignment.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Just to say, the damagetype part is useless in the code you've made, seeing as common rarity weapons do not have element

5. SacredCaedeus

Yeah, I figured that out... at some point. Just kinda left it in because I was more bothered by everything else not working. Thanks for pointing that out though! o7