1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Umbreon Race v3.15b

Adds umbreon race to starbound

1. Jokerswildnight

Jokerswildnight Phantasmal Quasar

They're actually in game now, though they use human gear for the time being. They don't have any actual dialogue yet, and they're a random chance spawn in rooms that don't have any racial furniture.

2. @lias

@lias Void-Bound Voyager

Good to see this make a comeback.

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

A start is a start! ^^

4. Jokerswildnight

5. Jokerswildnight

So. This mod stands as more of a community project now than my own personal work. As such, I am looking for people willing and able to lend a hand at their leisure.
    Projects:
    Race armor
    Race clothing
    Race weapons
    Custom ship (?)
    S.A.I.L improvements
    Custom codex (lore is open to interpretation)
    Custom respawn (?)
    Furniture
    Tech station sprite
    FR support (maybe?)
    FU integration (possibly?)
    Hairstyles (fur tufts?)
    Villages (colonies?)
    Any ideas that you consider worthwhile.

6. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't program to save my life, honestly. I wish I would help because I do like this mod. It's one of my favorites.

The only thing I can think to do would perhaps help a bit on the lore as I'm an amateur writer... wish I could do more.

7. Jokerswildnight

Hey guys, just posting some random thoughts here. Please don't eat me for not updating in a while, but understand that at this point the mod relies heavily on community assistance! Lol, I can't program or art to save my life in this medium. Anyway, on to my randomness:

So I was mulling over a previous hang-up on this race, i.e. it's overall thematic for armor/furniture/lore. And I think I came up with a thing? As there is no official codex (or lore) yet, it's free to interpretation of course. Here's how I see them :p

The Umbreon are a race of colonists/refugees fleeing a catastrophic ecosystem collapse that rendered their home world uninhabitable. They now roam the stars in various ramshackle fleets, seeking a new home and start for their species.
    As such, I was thinking of eventually adding gear and furniture that is made to look scavenged: human or other racial armor combined with whatever could be found like cloth, hide, etc. Sorta like, please don't kill me, the Hunter armors from Destiny?

Please let me hear your thoughts, I love reading your opinions! :D

8. Pokemorphedplayer

Oddly enough, that backstory kinda reminds me of the Qurians from Mass Effect.

Looking over the hunter armor and with that kind of back story, I would say it would be a great idea. Though, I kinda want their backstory to reflect a bit of their pokemon roots. Like say their appearance was based on the planets unique atmosphere or the moons rays drastically alerted their genetic code. Just some food for thought.

9. Jokerswildnight

Food for thought is exactly the kind of thing I look for when talking with you guys here. Like I said, I love hearing your ideas on how to improve this, as it is mainly a community project now. As for your suggestion, I like the idea of a unique atmosphere causing their evolution into what they are. The back story is very much up in the air right now anyway, but I had intended to have the culture center around the moon in some way from the beginning. If someone wants to make a story for them, and by extension maybe a codex, I actually wanna look into to writing new colony dialogue for them soon.

10. Jokerswildnight

I admit, it is similar, though with certain differences. Namely, different event. The Quarians were driven off world by the Geth, not an ecosystem collapse. But I love Mass Effect as a series, and I can't deny the inspiration.

11. Pokemorphedplayer

Hm... well... the pokedex entries often speak about them being predators, so maybe they could come from a planet that's almost always dark and they could very hunter like? Or value the shadows like a race of rouge-like beings? They could worship the moon like a good/goddess of some sorts. (Maybe even use the latest Legendary from Moon version? The bat is pretty much a moon god so many the umbreon see it their god that advanced their evolution?)

I did like your older idea about the umbreon having Gothic themes. As for armor and clothing, I don't really have many ideas. I do wish I could be more help.

12. Pokemorphedplayer

So with the release of the Espeon mod, any plans on having the two related? Or is that something that you and the creator of the Espeon mod haven't thought about?

13. Jokerswildnight

I haven't personally talked with them about anything of the sort. it could be a possibility though.

14. Jokerswildnight

If anyone is able to create furniture/gear for this race, or knows someone who can, please speak up! The help would be much appreciated!

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh, wish I had the time to do it myself, I have been reading up pixel art tutorials and been itching to practice, but alas I lack the time, and energy most of the time. Still I hope someone can take upon the task!

16. Jokerswildnight

If there is a mod you would like me to try to make compatible with this, tell me and i'll try to contact the creator! thanks everyone :D

17. Jokerswildnight

18. Jokerswildnight

Jokerswildnight updated Umbreon Race with a new update entry:

A ship befitting a colony effort.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Corraidhín likes this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh sneaky update! hmm! lets see what I find...

20. Jokerswildnight

*coughs* well, let's just say it's nothing major, or I would have specified what it was. Still, have fun looking.

Corraidhín likes this.