Various AI for player's pleasure!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alucard I, May 21, 2014.

1. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

Cortana and/or Siri need to be human ai's.. just think of the reference possibilities!

2. Just gonna toss this here:
    [​IMG]
    • Abbreviation: R.A.P.T.O.R.
    • Transcript: Ravishing Aristocratic Predator Tech Of Regality
    • Race: Velociraptor
    • Behavior: Mannerly
    • Features: Serves tea and chunks of succulent liver. Also compliments you when asked. (Style Points +100)
    • Quotes: "I say, old bean! Is it time for me to serve you? May I offer you some tea?" "Those rapscallions did a number on our ship, old chap. I shall begin repairs, post-haste." "Good day, sir! Have you ever tried liver with a squeeze of Oculemon? Just heavenly, if I do say so myself."
    • Nature: Dapper AF.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

This wouldn't happen to be inspired by:

would it?

Galactic Avatar and Dragonith like this.
  4. Bar of Soap

Bar of Soap Intergalactic Tourist

Oh I'd love to see that in-game.

Nice AIs, guys. Keep it up. I myself am not 'one with the sprites' and I don't have any original AI ideas, so as much as I would like to, I can't help.

Dragonith likes this.
  5. [​IMG]
    That, and the fact that a raptor always looks 100% better with a top hat and monocle. :p

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Personally, i don't think AIs should have individual benefits. c:

7. Bar of Soap

Bar of Soap Intergalactic Tourist

That, sir Dragonith, is a very true fact.

8. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Don't be dead, thread...

9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Idea:
    Instead of randomly getting one and being stuck with it, you could randomly get a starter AI and find more AI techs in tech chests! It would be like the blueprints and techs, and you would have to switch between AIs to get different benefits.

Rune the Red Panda likes this.
  10. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

could be possible with mods :p

11. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Do you mean in-game mods for the AI,or actual Modifications to the game to make that happen

12. Alucard I

I think he was talking about those "+10% mining speed" or "improved hp regeneration while on ship" stuff.

13. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Ooh.

14. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

really.. a thread about Ai's and NO ONE figured this one out yet? i surely thought this would be near instantaneous but i suppose not, i'll post it instead.

• Abbreviation: G.I.R.
    • Transcript: Generally Idiotic Robot
    • Race: Apex or Glitch
    • Behavior: massively hyperactive, very rarely helpful.
    • Features: serves no real purpose other than comedy and the rare tip
    • Quotes: "Tell me a story about giant pigs." "I love tacos" "I love the *insert rare monster* on this planet they're my favorite!"
    • Nature: unhelpful but loving of everything

• Abbreviation: S.I.R.
    • Transcript: Standard issue Information Retrieval unit
    • Race: Apex or glitch
    • Behavior: Dutiful and attentive at all times
    • Features: Displays information based on the planet or spatial object you are orbiting such as monsters/biomes/village locations/ possibly ore. Alternatively can accompany you to the planet in the form of a small incredibly destructive robot ( fairly late game only, possibly requiring a substantial upgrade)
    • Quotes: "YES SIR!" "SIR This planet has a settlement of squishy fish people approximately 2 klicks east of the beam down location, Recommendation: INVASION" "Defense mode activated!" ( when taken to the planet and engaging an enemy)
    • Nature: incredibly loyal to the player but would prefer to murder everything else

15. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

All these ideas, great job!

16. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

...Aren't those......From Invader zim?

17. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

Nail, meet hammer.

it was easily the best show i watched when i was younger. still great. and there is precedence in the show that the SIRs and GIR are capable of uploading their mind to basically act as an AI.

18. Alucard I

@Sokina
    If any dev approves this, can you stick the thread later on?

elusiveTranscendent likes this.
  19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Abbreviation: E.V.I.L.
    Transcript: Energeticly Villinous & Insane Lattice
    Race: Any, really.
    Behavior: Evil, insane.
    Features:
    • Occasionally flys to a planet you didn't select, because your choice sucked.
    • Kills anyone who boards the ship other than you.
    • Causes bad weather.
    • Gives misleading information.
    Quotes: "Muahahaha!" "Let's blow stuff up!" "I went to [planet name] instead, because your ideas suck." "Go get killed! Don't get killed!" "Do you mind? I'm having a conversation with myself here!" "I've installed sawblades into your chair, in case we have a disagreement."
    Nature: Annoying, unhelpful, distracting, evil.
    Can someone draw this?

20. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Abbreviation: C.A.S.T.L.E
    Transcript: Caring Absently-Severe Teenage Liable Enigma
    Race: Glitch
    Behavior: Caring
    Features: Gives information on the atmospheric condition of the planet below (weather)
    Quotes:
    • "I just wish, one day I could meat EMMA. Oh, sorry, did you here that?"
    • "You can't advance if you can't even deal with some measly BIRDS! Oh, I'm so sorry, that was too harsh.
    • "Please, (playername) don't go down there! Who knows how dangerous it could be?"
    • "If you ever decide to switch me out for an EMMA AI, I won't mind...-loving sigh-
    • Oh, sorry what do you need, I was busy thinking of E-I mean, How may I help you, (playername)?
    Nature:Envious
    Comments: As you can tell, has a crush on and looks up to EMMA.