Vehicles that are actually useful.

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Xylia, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Maybe, but I'm still thinking that the hoverbikes were added before terrain gen was changed.

Back before the change, you didn't get a lot of huge mountains and valleys. Those were added later. IIRC, hoverbikes were introduced earlier than that, and were far more useful back then as a result.

2. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem 1- Solved by the fact that most mountains are vertical (or slanted), and the hover bikes can climb most walls. There are very few mountains that go upside-down in angle and this means hover bikes can climb most mountains, hold up while jumping to latch onto the side of a mountain and begin climbing.

Problem 2- There are about 3 doors large enough to fit said hover bikes. The hidden door (crafted at the wiring station) can be stacked to make even larger doors.

Problem 3- We have to agree with this being an issue, but if you want weapons do what we did and just get a mod, might be a while until we get vanilla ones.

Problem 4- there completely destroyed hover bike controllers can be fixed at penguin pete's for only 5 auto chips, 500 pixels total. And if it bugs you this much then there is a mod for making hover bikes completely indestructible, and therefore the driver as well.

These are not meant as criticism or other such blasphemy they are simply meant to help assistive information.

3. AngelusNox

AngelusNox Void-Bound Voyager

Really wouldn't call that a practical solution though. They still get damaged easily by doing so and are slower then walking/climbing manually.

I also think the main problem might be the Map Chunks not loading properly and thus leaving you in the void if you ever manage to ride your vehicle at max speed (or crash against unloaded/invisible terrain). I would just be happy with a quick fix and a well planed overhaul later on.
    That fix would include massive damage reduction and max speed reduction while adding a few blocks to hover distance.

4. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

At least they don't die in 3 hits...
    While they may take damage, it's just a little bit.
    Even normal enemies do no more than 50 damage.
    But the boat is horribly useless.
    Not only does it cost tens of thousands of pixels, it only proves worthy on Ocean planets, on which it's still a "Ride, leave, cross, spawn, ride, leave, cross...' because of the frequency of islands (plus we can swim)

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Swimming on ocean planets is annoying because you gotta keep hammering the spacebar or you sink.

I'd rather carry a few thousand blocks with me and point my mouse cursor in front of the character, left click and hold A or D down and let my character build a bridge as they walk.

Oh, and swimming is S - L - O - W. It takes Forever.

But then this is all moot when some mods have FLYING vehicles, like FU.