RELEASED [CP] Vintage Interface (1.3 updated!)

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by Mana-chan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Mana-chan

Mana-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    A while ago I created my own interface in a cream coloured tone.
    I updated it to 1.2 to share it with you now. It matches all desaturated mods pretty well.
    Heavily inspired by Kimberly's pink interface.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆[ DOW NLOAD ]☆

* Updates

// Paradigmnomad was so kind to convert my mod to a Content Patcher version! Thank you so much! ♥

18.05.18 // V 1.3 for SV multiplayer beta is now available! Please update your files by overwriting the old ones! Added a custom flower dig spot, tweaked the border colors of my interface a little

07.10.17 // Finally added a matching billboard! Just drop the .xnb (optional files) into Stardew Valley/Content/LooseSprites.

17.07.17 // Reuploaded the main file just for the fixed cursors.xnb for vanilla map colours. It probably had the older one with the annoying snow bug in it.

21.06.17 // Fixed the cursors.xnb for both files with a newer xnb-node so this time it'll probably be without any bugged snow and green water issues. I tested it with a save file in winter so it should be working properly now.

* About *

This mod replaces the complete interface and inventory with a cream colored one. Recolored versions of the mail letter background, community center bundle interface and billboard are also included!
    I wanted to create a matching interface for all the lovely classy/victorian/vintage mods out there!
    It's also suitable for every desaturated Stardew Valley in general.
    [​IMG]

☆~ Version 1.3 for Stardew Valley multiplayer beta is ready! ~☆
    Now compatible with the following mods:
    Just a new map recolour by Eemie
    A toned down Stardew Valley by LavenderLight
    Flower Valley - Town and Farm Buildings ReDesign by KAYA / jina2ya
    ( Permission to use some parts of each mod is granted by the authors ! Thank you~ ! )

If you're still experiencing any issues with your game (red snow or green water for example) it means that your cursors file isn't updated and broken.
    Please make sure to use the version I included here to get the full interface as well.

[​IMG]

I've made my own animated dig spot replacer!
    It's a cute little flower which is included in both versions of my mod! I really hope you like it!

* Installation*

* Choose the version you need and download it
    (you only need one of them, it's up to the mods you're using)
    * Unpack my mod and drop all 4 folders into Stardew Valley/Content. Overwrite your old files when asked.
    ( Please don't forget to create backups! )

*If you want to use the Content Patcher version, you need SMAPI and Content Patcher. Just download the optional file (only the optional one!) and place it in your mods folder. (Stardew Valley/Mods)
    The CP version of my mod lets you switch between the white and brown (black) billboard and comes with both - the flower valley and the toned down SV version - you can choose which one you want!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Font example.png
      So i've been looking into changing some of the fonts included with this (Just for myself) but I cant seem to find the file that changes the color of the item descriptions font... Is this one of your changes? It doesn't look like it matches the rest and I cant find it. :unsure:

Flumme likes this.
      • Mana-chan

Yes, it also disturbs me that this is the only font which doesn't match the rest. I edited all fonts I could find, sadly I dunno where this one is located either. If someone knows, please tell us. ꒰。◕‿◕。꒱

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Just wanted to let you know that I've only just downloaded this mod earlier today and I love it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! ♥

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I just experienced a critical error from this mod, to give you a heads up. I was in the middle of Shane's 4-Heart event and the game suddenly CTD'd on me. After I removed this mod's Cursors.xnb file, the cutscene worked properly. Just to clarify, I'm using the compatibility file for Eeemie's recolor.

This is the crash I experienced:
            Code:
            [06:53:28 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: index
               at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
               at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
               at StardewValley.Event.addSpecificTemporarySprite(String key, GameLocation location, String[] split)
               at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
               at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
               at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
               at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
               at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 593
            [06:53:28 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
               at StardewValley.Event.draw(SpriteBatch b)
               at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1011
               at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 647
            [06:53:28 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
            I'm not sure what could have caused it... :/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
            • Mana-chan

I'm sorry that this happened to you. ꒰′̥̥̥ ⌑ ‵̥̥̥꒱ Sadly I'm not good with SMAPI / coding stuff and I could only guess what's the issue here since my mod isn't a SMAPI one. Are you sure that you've put all the files in their correct folders? Could there be any conflicting mods? I'm at a loss here, so I'd recommend you to ask someone who is into SMAPI modding and could help you with your issue.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Mana-chan I did put the files in the correct folders. I don't have any other copies of Cursors.xnb stowed away, so I'm not sure what else could cause this. I'm keeping the default file in the game now and transferring yours to XNB Loader. Not all of the functions will work but I can deal with that if it means no crashing.

I love your mod though, thank you for your work. :)

I also made a comment on Nexus about something, but I don't know if it's hard-coded in the game or not. The Wizard's menu is blue instead of the grey color. It's a large image so I put in a thumbnail instead.
                9uIuHjM.png
                I'm not sure if it can be helped though.

• Mana-chan

There's nothing I could do for now. I'm really glad that you're using my mod anyways! ;w;'
                  Yeah I've seen your post yesterday! I looked up the blueish shop interface and couldn't find the file for it, even though I unpacked every .xnb in the game folders that could be related, so I guess it's either hard coded or in another .xnb which is not related to it at all. I didn't know that the magic shop has it's own interface files until now, I always thought that it's already included in the normal menu tiles tbh. I hope someone else has a clue, it's so sad that it doesn't match the rest. ;;

Xuomi likes this.
                  • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Mana-chan I found out why my game crashed during Shane's 4-Heart event. I crashed again and decided to unpack a default Cursors.xnb file and combined its .yaml file with your Cursors edit and now the cutscene works. It looks like there might be a corrupted .yaml file for your Cursors.xnb.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
                      Mana-chan likes this.
                    • Mana-chan

Wow, okay! Thank you for finding out the issue, I will update the .yaml as soon as I can! ♥

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Mana-chan I have some good news! A few posts up, you were wondering about a font style that you couldn't seem to change. I know which font file it is! It's the SmallFont.xnb.

SmallFont.xnb edits the font of the description text for items. I changed the color to see if it had any effect and it did.
                        Untitled-1.png
                        You can probably lessen the opacity of the file you made to make it look less harsh compared to the others.

This is what 40% opacity looks like with the default SmallFont.xnb:
                        Untitled-2.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017