1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vulpes Mk. II Vr. Pleased Giraffe Glad Update ^.^

Adds a custom anthropomorphic fox race

1. Spike Rose

Spike Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I take a break to prepare for a garage sale and this happens? Some people...I suppose I will definitely have to release my version on there to clean up this mess. Thank you for letting me know about this. And speaking of Steam...
    No, it will not. My opinions on the nudity withheld, I don't want to risk violating any policies through Steam. I wasn't entirely aware of the nudity to begin with due to Starbound being so low-resolution. That will be one of the final things I "fix" before release. Poor neutered Vulpes.

Progress update

-Ship will appear as human to reflect the "technologically advanced" description of the species
    -Ship seems to have missing assets at the moment, making sure all Tiers have everything required
    -Human crafting recipes will be available, or possibly a version with all vanilla race recipes to give players a choice?
    -Teleport animation bug encountered and is being fixed, requires placeholder from vanilla
    -Have additional version on the side that allows for colorable socks. Will match belly color
    -Extra colors for fur and belly sections!

I'll be headed for the outpost ASAP to make sure everything is compatible there. Rest assured, I am actively working on this.

2. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Not a problem

And giving people a choice on crafting might be the best way to go since some see fox and think Japanese, and the Hylotl have the Japanese styling.

3. Cassius Faux

Cassius Faux Void-Bound Voyager

Good stuff! It was a bit unnecessary to begin with(Those pixels.) but people can be strange.

As for crafting recipes, I think you could totally do a version with Human as default, and an alt version with all crafting unlocked. Or just all crafting styles for the race, let people have ultimate freedom.

4. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Really hope something happens soon. A friend of mine is making a server and I want to add this mod to the list x.x

5. Spike Rose

I expect to be finished with everything functionality-wise tomorrow. The only bug I'm unable to fix is the lack of tech images, but it does not affect the mods performance, merely an immersion breaker. It also seems that our hasty Steam uploader from before has gotten the help of someone else to attempt fixing their "version" which I'll refer to as 1. I've tested it, and it's a buggy mess with missing images and crashes left and right. I still intend to release my "version 2" regardless, as the mod page still has not given proper credit. To help explain my reasoning for this, I will detail my (now changed) plans below;
    -Human ship like "version 1", by popular request.
    -Colorable socks, a difference from the other. This will not affect the belly as it will be a completely different color option.
    -All vanilla racial recipes, as I have no clue what Version 1 will be doing. Like the socks, I'm choosing this to allow variety where I can.
    -No guaranteed compatibility to version 2. If you really need to play as this race now and can't wait for the overhaul, get theirs. You may have to reset your character when my version comes around. Of course, do not run my version and theirs at the same time.

To conclude, a question for any still watching this topic. Should the tail match the belly color setting, or socks? I'd like some opinions here.

6. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

I'll definitely be waiting for yours since it'll be a lot more reliable and, dare I say it, you actually seem to give a crap about it working well. The tech pics are no big deal ,that can be fixed at a later time.

EDIT: And good question, I suppose it would make more sense for the tail tip color to correspond with sock/glove color?

7. Spike Rose

Personally, I feel it should match the belly, as befits foxes in the wild. Though of course, most users don't conform to such "realistic" standards. Speaking of realism, I'm having a hard time identifying the spoke-of nudity in this mod. I feel like a blind idiot for asking, but can someone give me a screenshot pointing it out so I can censor it proper?

8. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

I can't comment on the nudity since I never noticed it, as for the coloring, if that's what you feel it should be then go for it. Personally I plan to have the socks, gloves, belly, and tail tip all red anyway, as it is in my avatar pic. I took it using an older version of Starbound and Vulpes.

9. Cassius Faux

I've got the old bodies from ages ago, its possible it was removed from the mod in the more recent version but from this version, look for the green bits on the upper chest/groin area on the female body, and the green line (It blends in on the movement animations) for the male around the groin.

Edit: Just checked, had the up to date version for this. Pleased Giraffe.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  10. Spike Rose

Haha, okay I found what the problem was with the nudity. Quite silly really, it turns out that when I had configured the socks to be colorful in one of my earlier versions, it had censored out the nudity in the process. Problem solved I suppose! Unfortunately, the colorable socks being a unique option will not be an option, as trying to add an extra attribute to the character creation is a hardcoded setting. I gathered my information courtesy of http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/adding-racial-attributes.60337/ if anyone would like to have a read. This means the belly and socks will be the same colors.
    The good news, I have a release up that I would love for everyone to rip into and find game-breaking glitches! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734174334 I'm sad to say that I cannot find the bit of code that shows the tech images, despite looking at another race mod that did have visible ones. Oh well, perhaps someone nice will come along and give me a pointer! I'm about to send Rose a message regarding the upload, hopefully she will get around to updating this version. Good luck out there, guys.
    EDIT: I've made sure to have all my ducks in a row, so any characters created will not need to be reset if I make updates. Because I know how much people HATE remaking their characters because of an update...

11. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Thank you :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Only complaint I have is that the red blends in with the mouth a bit too much, making emotes hard to read.
    --- Post updated ---
    Mmkay, I think I might have found one, I can't be sure, but I got the quest ot head for the mining facility, I can't interact with SAIL, at all, and when I try to interact with the teleporter it boots me out of the game, it acts like it's kicking me out of a server.

EIDT: Nevermind, it was a buildable ship mod that was doing it.
    --- Post updated ---
    NEvermind, it was a custom shiop mod doing it.

12. Spike Rose

I think I know what may be causing the issues with that ship mod. Could you possibly link me the custom ship mod in question?

13. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

NEvermind, it was a custom shiop mod
    Gladly as I was about to say me and a friend have ruled that these two mods seem to not like each other.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729640289

Honestly I don't personally see it being worth it as I've never seen the point of these mods, I don't care about building my own ship so long as it works for those who want to.

14. Cassius Faux

I am curious, how did they handle the "sock" color before? What thing determined it in the options, I cant recall. Or were they set to a color that made them always brown? If so, could there be a version uploaded to maintain that? Sort of like how theres the mod for Avians, drumsticks or something like that, 3 versions. One with bird arms/legs and tail feathers, version with just bird legs and tail feathers, and then one with just tailfeathers.

15. Spike Rose

It's weird actually. When I looked at the race mod, the socks were oddly set to some weird green color. How that ended up being brown I do not know. So therefore I've had to keep it a static color. I'm not sure what this avian mod is that you're referencing but I'll go look for it one of these days and see what's up.

16. Cassius Faux

I cant remember entirely, but didn't the socks used to change with the main body color selection? Maybe since it was that off-green color, it'd change to a different color when selecting body color? It wouldn't actually be fully customizable. But it would be worth testing out like that, see how the socks remaining that green color effects the body when selecting colors

17. Foxymew

Foxymew Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bright green thing is a signal colour of sort, to signify to the program that it should change colour, which is why it's such a bright, unnatural colour, so few would naturally use it.

18. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut

Chances of this mod receiving a SB 1.0 update within idk, 5 months?

19. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

20. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut