1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vulpes Mk. II Vr. Pleased Giraffe Glad Update ^.^

Adds a custom anthropomorphic fox race

1. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut

Damn..the version you sent me doesn't work, the one by another user works but it is missing some stuff.
    I also ATTEMPTED to run the pure, old version, and my dedicated server took a dump on me about it. And when the true workshop ver is up and fully functional, I hope we don't have to say bye to them sexy pixels.. if so, will there be a new release then up here?

2. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

As of the current patch, your mod has a crash.
    Code:
    [02:36:57.935] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("charCreationTooltip")
    Basically, from what I can tell, it's missing the 'charCreationTooltip' line that is on the race.species files now. I modified it to include it on my end just to get it to work, but informing you of this so you can have it fixed asap for everyone else.

3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yeah, but this is a mod for glad giraffe. I think you got lost somewhere.
    Perhaps you were looking for http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734174334&searchtext=vulpes ?

4. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut

What happened with the lower "bits" that were there in Glad Giraffe? Steam version doesn't look like it does..mod works though!

5. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

6. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Of course then it wouldn't work, seeing as the latest update only shows this working for beta and not 1.0.

7. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

In that case it should be int he outdated mods section, which it isn't.

Anyways, I was posting to inform the author of the issue, in which it's a simple line needed to be added to have it working. Keep in mind that even though the steam workshop version may be working, not everyone has the steam version.

8. xxcamofoxxx

xxcamofoxxx Void-Bound Voyager

It immediately shuts down my game as it's loading- please include instructions on how to install this, thank you.

9. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

10. xxcamofoxxx

xxcamofoxxx Void-Bound Voyager

11. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to upload a non-steam version that works for Release, for those of us who have the GOG version?
    ~ she who knows not of coding, but can do photoshop okay

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Put the contents.pak file contained within this file in your mods folder.

Attached Files:

hwayunhae likes this.
  13. hwayunhae

Thank you very much! Definitely looking forward to a playthrough as this race.

14. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't even know there was a GOG version... I guess I should be paying more attention to GOG, huh?

15. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yes.
    I mean, unless you weren't going to buy it on GOG so you can send it to all of your friends with no security measures to bypass.
    Then, y'know... there's nothing really interesting about GOG then.

16. hwayunhae

I prefer GOG over steam for games I install on my laptop because I travel, and there's no guarantee when I am going to get a game that I'll be able to play it without having to log into steam if I go that route. GOG games once I have installed them, I don't need to access the internet or log into a DRM program just to play the game. So I go GOG if its available, because even if the motel/hotel advertises wi-fi, doesn't mean it'll be good or actually work. :L

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yes, but offline mode.
    You did know that was a thing, right?

18. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

Or be reasonably-priced.

hwayunhae likes this.
  19. hwayunhae

Yes, I am frustratingly familiar with steam's "offline mode", and its penchant for telling me it doesn't recognize my account name, or password, or some other &^%$ thing when I try to log into a game while I am unfortunately unable to access the internet.

That said, I got Stardew Valley when I found it on GOG and remembered my friend recommending it. I liked it, saw that Chucklefish had another game, and where did I go to get it? Steam? NO. I went to the same place I got the first Chucklefish game I bought. GOG. People make choices on which platform to buy a game on for their own reasons. My whole point in posting my reasons was to show you that not all people who buy GOG do so for the nefarious purposes you implied with your post. Implying (or implicitly stating) that everyone who buys from a specific platform do so because they're bad guys is more than a bit insulting to those of us who do buy from that platform. Especially when we don't buy from it in order to 'share games'.

Some of us just really really don't want to use Steam if we don't have to. (I tend not to like systems that both use CPU by forcing me to run it and my games at the same time, and have a tendency to tell me my account doesn't exist when it actually does.) Some of us may have just found the game on GOG first. Some of us may just happen to like the fact that GOG and/or Humble Bundle (which you can also get Starbound on) are DRM free.

(That said, Steam allows games to be shared. Its called Steam Family Sharing, and allows multiple users to share the same game library among more than one account. You don't have to buy GOG to share the game with friends. :) )

20. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Ok, well, your entire argument is based on the fact that you didn't tick the remember me box and you didn't know that two people can't play the same game at once, thus rendering that feature pretty much useless, so I think you just killed this conversation.
    Also remembering account credentials might be disabled in settings so you should check that obviously else you probably don't get the checkbox but y'know just a quick google search and the first link tells you this.