1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Wasp Hive racemod 1.4

A race of hive insectoids, out for all the sweets they can get

1. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

FU introduced radiationBurn effect that wasn't being blocked.

And so far, I'm just gathering motivation to make more sprites and stuff.

2. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

i took a look at the github
    glad to see progress is going steadily forward

4. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Could be going faster. I kind of lost steam trying to make the armour sprites.

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Just so you know, I traced an error to this mod - whenever a village guard tries to hail the player, they suffer an error and automatically dies. Turns out your mod's "guard.config.patch" file was missing a few vital commas, which corrupted the parent file. Putting them in properly fixed the issue.

6. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

i thought that was fixed
    in the github version atleast

7. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've confirmed the guard hailing bug. I'm also getting lots of weird stuff about stars and behavior states getting dumped into the log file constantly, not sure if it's related to the guards or another bug altogether. Log Attached.

Attached Files:

8. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

jonathonspy likes this.
  9. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The missing commas in "guard.config.patch" are still missing, leading to NPC guards dying. Please fix this issue before releasing a new update. It takes less than a minute.

11. rielle.frost

rielle.frost Big Damn Hero

Heyo! I absolutely fell in love with this race. I adore the looks, the sound effects, and themed blocks/creations. I'm very keen to leave a nice review and vote, but as of right now I just can't progress my game past the starter planet. My game crashes every time I try to use a mech or captain's chair.

I can see that these issues have been addressed recently in fixes, but I am not running an old version of this mod at all. These fixes don't seem to be working for me. I've looked through my logs and even unpacked the mod to have a peek, see if I can't find anything to adjust.. but nothing is working. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

UPDATE: I managed to solve the issue, but it did involve unpacking everything and comparing the object code for the captain's chair with other races that I knew their navigation window worked. There were a couple of lines that had to be adjusted (one was missing altogether). I've also fixed the mech thing, which took a little more work and some adjustments to sprites to get the deployment flash color to match the Wasp Hive's orange. *phew*

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  12. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

I could swear I fixed that. Should reupload, I suppose.

rielle.frost likes this.
  13. HappyMarcus

HappyMarcus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yo, I've got some queries.
    Do you have any plans to have custom scan texts? (I am working on this already)
    Do/Will the wasp hives have a custom mech and assorted components? (I am not working on this myself)

14. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What do the stims do? I tried the wing growth stim on my Felin character and nothing happened, with the effect and when it wore off.

15. ShirtyScarab554

ShirtyScarab554 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So how have things been with this mod?
    Hoping it's still alive, this has to be one of my favorite race addon mods I've seen in Starbound.

16. Talos+

Talos+ Space Spelunker

The download link from here seems to be outdated, mech crashes and people dieing for waving at us. You can get the steam version using one of the many workshop downloaders. Just place the .pak file into the mod folder, and rename it wasphive.pak, not sure if you have to rename it, I did to help keep track of things.

17. Salamanda

Salamanda Void-Bound Voyager

should this mod be labeled outdated? cuz the space chair bug still in here...