Who did you marry poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Last_Aeon, Jun 28, 2016.

?

who did you choose?

1. Leah

64 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Abigail

73 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Penny

56 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Maru

22 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Haley

33 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Sam

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Alex

26 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Sebiastan

79 vote(s)
    17.8%
  9. Elliot

46 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. Harvey

24 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. YDVitamins

YDVitamins Poptop Tamer

I liked Elliot from the beginning. His profile is the most masculine of the bachelors I feel, with those broad shoulders, strong chin, and generally one of the two "older"-looking candidates than what Alex, Sam, and Sebastian were offering me. His appearance gives off a kind of aristocratic look in a way, especially his long, sweeping hair. He seemed aloof living in that shanty cabin by the sea, but it was the kind of aloof I could romanticize. Asking him first year to dance with me at the Flower Dance only to have him sniff at me really pissed me off, but it also made me that more determined to learn more about him. I may recall that his casual dialogue in the beginning also felt less self-absorbed than the lines I was getting from some of the other candidates, but that could just be my rose-tinted glasses.

The places he visits on his daily walks I feel made him come off as wistful: staring across a bridge into the river, staring out from the beach into the ocean, staring across lake, seeds from Pierre that he will never plant, etc. I just liked that mystery. Finding out that he was an aspiring author was something that I found endearing, and since this playthrough is basically me playing my avatar as a self-insert, it was an interest I personally connected with. When he gathered up the courage to read that romance novel in the library, I thought that was a big climb in character for him, and was so sweet. Now that we're married, even his quasi-poetic compliments I find cute.

I feel like Elliot's entire circumstance somehow resonated with me more than the boys who still live with their parents and the doctor whose mustache's appearance somehow made me question what range his age lies. As we got closer to the end of the love gauge, I just felt driven from his offhand, existential comments to do something about his loneliness. And while I'm sure those kinds of comments are the case with the rest of the candidates the further along with them you go, well, I never made it that far with anyone else, lol

• Buttons_1

Buttons_1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I went ahead and married Haley (the second person I've married in Stardew)... Oh boy. At first she only knew how to cook pancakes, which is nice and all, but a little variety never hurt. I'm glad to announce she learned how to fry an egg before our daughter was born. Also, Haley seems to have a problem with my snoring, something Abby never complained about. Tough crowd...

Alkanthe likes this.
      • LiteraryMouse

LiteraryMouse Title Not Found

Maru. Leah would be my second choice but she always felt a bit uptight to me. I mean she get's upset over stepping on a bug I can't imagine how she would feel about things like me fishing or adventuring in the mines (I realize she likely won't react to any of that in game but in my head it just seems that she would be annoyed about those things).

Alkanthe likes this.
        • buffyjanee

buffyjanee Poptop Tamer

:Vi married Leah and (DR.) Harvey is my boyfriend not sure it's allowed but I'm not complaining bahahah:headbanging:

Pudassassin likes this.
          • Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Married Abigail. First playthrough of the game I had to go for the gamer girl. It helped her cause a lot that she's basically the weirdest character in the game, eating gems and (possibly) the illegitimate daughter of a wizard.

• OPneonFTW

OPneonFTW Space Hobo

my other save i married leah but im gaining quick as on abby for this save, infact i god damn love the fact she also plays video games, which u actually get to enjoy with her

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

On my first playthrough I married Abigail (cause she had purple hair too). During the heart events Abigail made some character development and that's why I wanted to see how the unfriendly Haley would change. After my 2nd farm I decided to always marry Haley ;)

Pudassassin likes this.
                • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Currently Leah, because I choose my marriage partner partially on my current playstile (Artisan -> Artist, heheh). Next playthrough I will focus more on gems and monster loot, so it'll probably be Abigail. I haven't found a "fitting" playstyle for a lot of bachelors and bachelorettes though, so if anyone has any idea, feel free to tell me ^_^

Pudassassin likes this.
                  • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Maru and I are a great pair =3

She's just the right level and mad/scientist and fun for me xD

• Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

I'm 100% Leah. I don't want a girl who lives with her parents or mooches off her sister; I want a partner, not a dependent or failure-to-launch-er. The fact that she can throw a punch is just a bonus.

That said, I'm planing to pursue Penny on my new character. She was my second favorite because she seemed like she'd be independent and capable if she didn't feel responsible for her psychologically abusive alcoholic mother. I'm hoping she opens up a little more in the later heart events that I haven't seen yet.

Pudassassin likes this.
                      • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ouch! That's hurt... and also plus some word of wisdom of her and being completely independence, living all alone in the forest. That's gonna be the best of wild rose there.

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

No shane?
                          but hes my lovely lil angry sushi roll :[

but yea i picked shane as soon as 1.1 was released

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                          • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I think I've said this before on a different thread but Maru has always been my favorite.

Penny I feel like the game wants you to go for since it pushes the whole unhappy household thing but aside from that she just feels to generic to really care about for me.

Abigail I've just never been into the whole goth type thing with the occult fascination and all that (plus she always came across as though she was 16 which was off putting to me considering I usually envision my character as being in her early 20's.

Haley just immediately comes off as a jerk and I have no desire to pursue beyond that. That may be judgemental but at the end of the day first impressions matter and when the first experience I have talking to someone literally involves them insulting me that doesn't exactly motivate me to get all chummy with them.

Emily is nice but just seems a bit to odd for my tastes (though if I ever tried a playthrough with another spouse she would be my choice).

Leah is the most disappointing to me because she's easily one of my favorites but it get's ruined by the fact that she comes off at times as a bit annoying at times with the whole loving nature thing. Like @LiteraryMouse mentioned above she gets all sad about stepping on a bug so what would she say about me hunting slimes in the mine or fishing.

So in the end I always go with Maru which works out because I actually lover her character as well so it isn't just going with the candidate that's left. She's friendly and cheerful with a nice touch of dorkyness and just a smidge of mad scientist (also her glasses are cute)

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                            • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

We all have our very own opinions aren't we? Every Ladies there are good and bad in different ways, If I could ignore the negligible bad sides.....
                              Some dialogue here (Spoiler!) 1-2

Well, you might not believe, but as she could take a living on foraging and stuff, I'm sure she understands

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Sebastion is my first hubby, then Shane, and now Abigail and pursuing penny in my current play through

• Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

I was married to Sam but divorced recently,
                                  I'll probably go for Abigail now. She's just my type of person.

*whisper* Not to mention we both have purple hair...irl and on my farmer <3

Pudassassin likes this.
                                  • Emerald Gemstone

Emerald Gemstone Space Hobo

I just married Sam. He is such a sweet and nice guy, made me pancakes the day after our wedding, said he can't cook but they looked good to me lol. First time playing through and I couldnt help pursuing him after talking to him throughout the days of getting how the game works. Hes so cute! <3 Next play through I'll have to try another guy. I haven't paid much attention to any other bachelor but Sam since he hooked me right in the first few days, so next save I gotta pay attention to the other guys and see what they're like. :giggle: But that next game probably won't happen anytime soon as it's still year one and I finally got married. Haven't progressed much really except getting my house upgraded once, a coop with 2 chickens, marrying, upgrading my tools to copper, and doing some bundles. I don't even really have a farm yet because I was busy trying to marry Sam, I have to figure out a system and layout I want for my farm still to maximize profit and such, not gonna lie...I'll struggle hardcore with this as i'm not great at being organized or planning. Let the torture begin. :badpokerface:

WilliamZ likes this.
                                    • Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Haley for me! She was... unpleasant at first, but the 'tsundere'esque showing of an improvement in attitude (e.g. taking up more chores) and the showing of a softer side as your friendship level increases was just so endearing.

Also really liked Leah for having the will to completely abandon her previous life and start anew in order to follow her passions. :up: Too bad polygamy isn't a thing in SV.

WilliamZ, ntz and Pudassassin like this.
                                      • touchfuzzy

touchfuzzy Seal Broken

Marnie should be a marriage option. A woman with her own real business, some life experience, instead of these damn kids. Grumble.

I'm married in real life so my fantasy is having a big ass farm and playing the field. So that's what I'm doing!

nevyn21, BlazeRom and Pudassassin like this.
                                        • BlazeRom

BlazeRom Space Hobo

Lewis is kinda ahead of us in this regard, with the pants incident and such ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Neosaneo and Pudassassin like this.