Who did you marry poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Last_Aeon, Jun 28, 2016.

?

who did you choose?

1. Leah

64 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Abigail

73 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Penny

56 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Maru

22 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Haley

33 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Sam

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Alex

26 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Sebiastan

79 vote(s)
    17.8%
  9. Elliot

46 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. Harvey

24 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As soon as I saw Maru's eight heart dialogue about how she'll be a famous inventor someday and I should be lucky to be her friend... followed by "just kidding!", I knew she was the one.

Her heart events had way more impact on me than any one else's, her personality is so confident but playful, she's intelligent and has a real job.

I thought I'd wind up marrying Abigail, but by the end of seeing everyone's 10 heart event, there was no question. It had to be Maru.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Pretty much 100% how i felt too xD

DreamerDrop likes this.
      • Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
        The Wizard of course, he's precious

Sugar-Fable and sunlite like this.
        • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like you modded your game to heck and back, you did a good job with the furniture and sprites!

• Yoseiri

Those aren't my mods this is an old screenshot of him, before I know how to mod.

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

I married Leah. She's an artist, close to what I am. She came to Stardew Valley to get away from her life in the city, occupying a place to find herself despite having no job. That's what I'm doing, only I traded one city for another. She reminds me of Nami from Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, only time never passes by in Stardew Valley, so she never runs out of money and there's never the event where she has to choose whether or not she'll return to the city or join the farm so she can stay in the Valley.

Pudassassin likes this.
              • Eldgrim

Eldgrim Space Hobo

:D I didn't (never did)
                Give all my gifts to Robin :p

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I've only ever married two people. And it was on one save. Guess I better branch out. Just not the marriage type of guy. Lol

• Roskii Heiral

Who did you end up marrying?

I've never actually married in the game, but I went farthest with Maru.

• Jack Of Shades

I married Haley first, not sure why. But then once I got to know the other NPC's I found out Abigail was for me. So she was my last marriage.

sunlite and Roskii Heiral like this.
                      • Roskii Heiral

that made me chuckle xD

Minakie, sunlite and Jack Of Shades like this.
                        • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I married Haley first too, in Summer Year 1. Quite frankly I'm not sure why either lol

Jack Of Shades likes this.
                          • satabhisa

satabhisa Orbital Explorer

That portrait is beautiful! Is it available to download somewhere?

• Yoseiri

Its kind of sad that I dont remember where did I download it, but I do remember that I found those files on twitter and the moder is korean, thats all I remember

• satabhisa

satabhisa Orbital Explorer

Ahh, that's too bad. You have great taste! X3

Venatio777 likes this.
                                • Venatio777

Venatio777 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I married Haley because I kinda fell into it.

I had wanted to be with Abigail on a Wilderness Farm but I got sick of being attacked every night I came back home (and I wasn't going to wait untill the Witch's Hut to fix it). I then did a Hilltop Farm with the intent of marrying Maru (because I thought she would like plentiful access to resources), but I stopped that game because I was still learning the ropes and messed up. I was holding off on the Forest map for a second run where I thought Leah would enjoy access to different wood for sculpting. So that left the Riverland Farm where I thought either Penny or Haley would be happy. At first I had my heart set on Penny, but then I realized she would likely not approve of my winery operation (three barns filled with kegs on the middle isle). So then I chose to be with Haley, and after close to 100 hours put into my first full game I think I will just stay with the woman.

Frankly, I've discarded this whole notion that we must choose our farmer's life partner based on how much of an improvement the life of the spouse would entail. This often pointed me to Penny. But the women of Stardew Valley are among the most accomplished characters in the town, so why let this be an issue? Penny is a prodigious scholar who could make a fine professor one day. Abigail would be a great addition to the local Adventurer's Guild in time. Leah has her artistic career ahead of her. Maru will either usher in a technological utopia or accidentally create an army of robots that will try to conquer us. Emily is an amazing tailor. And Haley... is a burgeoning photographer? Yeah... Maybe it is still the case with her (no offense to any present journalists and professional photographers here).

So it has all been very interesting I will say.

She's a safe choice, but perhaps it's more what she represents. She's the prom queen, the popular woman in school every guy (or woman?) wants but does not believe they would ever have a chance with. It sounds silly, but I think as fantasies go it seems plausible.

Also, Summer Year 1? Damn, you work fast.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
                                    sunlite likes this.
                                  • Yoseiri

Thanks

Venatio777 likes this.
                                    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I think the tendency to choose Haley is partially convenience (because she's got the first birthday) and partially because she's nice to look at. The blonde hair and pouty face probably serves her rather well. And then she opens her mouth.

Yoseiri likes this.
                                      • Jack Of Shades

Worst part is she isn't even my type. I think it was based off the fact that as soon as I started giving gifts to folks... It coincided with my first couple of visits to the desert. And she likes coconuts. So... Yeah, convenience. Lol

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

To be perfectly honest, before I even downloaded the game I was browsing the Wiki to learn about the marriage candidates. My eyes immediately went to Alex. He's a handsome guy, I won't deny it. lol But then I read some more and found out he's the "jock" type and that was the end of his appeal for me. >u<

I picked Seb as my first, second and fourth husband (all across different saves, mind you) because he's the closest in personality to myself. I'm not nearly as gloomy (I actually don't mind the sun and I like to wake up early lol ) but I do understand his reasoning for things and I can totally get behind being an introvert since I am one too. Not a fan of his smoking habit but eh, he quits once you marry him.

Also his portrait is pretty cute too. lol