1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Workshop Overload?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RamblinManBunce, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamblinManBunce

RamblinManBunce Space Hobo

Hey, this is my first post, so I apologize beforehand for being a scrub and using Steam Workshop mods for the sake of convenience. That being said...

I think I broke it.

You see, when I saw all the mods this game had to offer, I decided to do something utterly insane: I wanted to make the galaxy as diverse, immersive, and filled with references and content as possible, so after I got Frackin' Universe and whatever little addons I wanted for it, I downloaded a metric ton of music for both instruments and ambiance, crafting, item, interactivity, biome, and race mods along with any compatibility packages, patches, and improvements I could find while doing my best to avoid duplication.

However, now the game doesn't want to start... Like, AT ALL. It doesn't even make it to the ChuckleFish animation before it commits seppuku for some reason. When I found out how to check the .log files, I was dumbfounded by the nigh unreadable walls of text that were 6 Starbound .log files, all marked at the same time.

THAT'S A 5-DOCUMENT LONG CRASH REPORT.

With my patience with this mess worn extremely thin, I am going to post my .log files so someone who can actually see what's going wrong at what point for what reason in these mind-numbing eyesores and tell me what I need to do to fix it.

Here's the one .log file that this website was letting me post; I don't know why I can't post the others.

If you request to see my workshop page, I'll happily oblige because, while I had a few hundred mods, I don't remember the total being ANYWHERE above 400.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When installing mods make sure to install all dependencies. youre missing the mod "Dungeons Everywhere Subterranean Dungeons".

~ Iris ~

3. RamblinManBunce

Yeah, I just installed it and it's still saying that error message.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

You may sort some mods out then.
    Code:
    [22:07:43.405] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'microchip' found
    You have mods that define the same item twice causing the crash.

~ Iris ~

5. RamblinManBunce

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

According to the log your game is working now.

~ Iris ~

7. RamblinManBunce

It actually crashed... Here's the log from the attempt I just made.

I also notice a metric ton of JSON patch errors and stuff when I look at it... No idea what they mean.

SWEET MARY AND JOSEPH, IT FINALLY WORKS!!! Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  8. Iris Blanche

Closing and marking as resolved.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.