Xbox One release date ?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Trollolol07, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Magius96

Magius96 Void-Bound Voyager

I keep seeing people say things like this, but they never link the convo, so there's no proof it happened. And unfortunately, I read through all the Wargroove posts I could find, and couldn't find the exchange. Not saying it didn't happen, just can't find the convo.

Assuming the convo did occur: Promises were broken. Were words misspoken? The XB1 Starbound community turns to dust from an unintentional lack of trust. As unanswered time progresses, their ability to profit regresses. Most of us who were excited about the XB1 release, have probably assuaged that thirst with the PC version, and will no longer desire the XB1 version when(if) it finally reaches the light of day.

The point being, they may say, "We're working on it", but considering the evidence, I doubt that most will take any form of consolidation from those words unless they provide bonafide proof of said work activity. And as I pointed out before, their failure to follow up on this project does affect their companies reputation as a whole. Speaking for myself, and not just being negative, being honest, I won't listen to them when they announce a new game that the say is coming out. In my mind, those fall into the same category as the announcement they made in August 2014 saying that Starbound XB1 was coming out.

The only way the company could possibly redeem itself to me, and those like me, at this point, is to change their PR policies to enforce that any project that was announced be required to give regular progress updates to the community. When I post here, it is not to make the company feel bad for failing us, but to point out the flaw in how they are conducting business, in the hopes that they will hear our complaints and make the necessary changes to their public relations policies.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Trollolol07 and Xxlifehunterxx like this.
  2. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

https://twitter.com/WargrooveGame/status/845231129389125632 is the most recent thing @WargrooveGame has actually said. all the more recent stuff has been retweets. that said, the CFG twitter itself has been a bit more forthcoming. posted last saturday, which unfortunately was apr 1 and therefore april fools' day, and which makes anything said by anyone on that day suspect.....
    [​IMG]

and it was, in fact, our friend here who they talked to. so it did happen as he reported (though he provided no proof himself)...oh, and link is here, in case you think i faked the ss :D https://twitter.com/ChucklefishLTD/status/848140481179643904

that stuff out of the way, i do agree with you. CFG has broken every (self-imposed because indie publisher) release date they set for SB except the most recent one. that's 5 years of development time on pc, and it's been 3 since console announcement. finally, they have a product that's not early access anymore, and so will have a greater sales demographic. more sales is good for CFG, which is good for SB itself, and good for everyone who plays it, because it means they can justify spending more development time on a game that's already in the world making them money. pretty major development stuff, too...if the most recent blog post has any truth to it. on the other hand, CFG seems to have clammed up on the blog again. they were doing pretty great in jan-feb this year (17), posting every handful of days...but since then, there's only really been the "a star war" post from march 14th. I'd really love it if the CFG team would post on there more regularly. I don't need a ton of embedded video, or daily amazing new feature announcements or anything. it'd be nice, though, to get a couple/few paragraphs about what's going on every few days, both on the pc development team, and on the console development team. even if no major breakthroughs are happening, it would make us players feel like there is still an even brighter future for the game, and that someone is still actually working on it. as it is, the silence is...unnerving.

communication is important!

now, the more devious part of me would've suspected CFG of releasing big announcements (like "BOOM, console SB, it's totally gonna happen!" (the 2014 announcement you mentioned) and "BOOM, Mechs. In Space. Incoming" (A Star War blog post, march 2017)) every so often, and then not saying anything else as a way to make their stock price jump....but CFG isn't publicly traded. so there's literally no point. especially for the console edition. on pc, announcements like that, i assume, could make people pick up the game in preparation for the announced thing being real. console players, though, can't really buy a thing early if it doesn't exist yet.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Trollolol07 and Xxlifehunterxx like this.
  3. Trollolol07

Trollolol07 Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for linking it directly, You made me earn time I was about to do it, but you did it first. Anyways, honestly, even if we can indeed talk about a lack of trust, as long as I have my Starbound on my console to play and share with the family, I will be okay and very thankful.

4. Trollolol07

Trollolol07 Aquatic Astronaut

5. Magius96

Magius96 Void-Bound Voyager

Yup, they announced who is doing the development, then everyone goes silent again. Sad but true, by the time it finally does get released on XBox, it won't be as popular anymore and only a few people will buy it. (Myself included) If the company had been more vocal about the status, even a small twitter post once a month, then the hype for the Xbox release might not have dwindled so much. Oh well. I guess I'll get to play it on Xbox sometime before my youngest child graduates college.

6. Kommondok

Kommondok Orbital Explorer

Well on the starbound blog they confirmed that they were working on it, just last October. Here is the link:
    https://playstarbound.com/category/news/

Well most people do not know of it's existence so it will seem like a new game.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  7. Malikijohnson

Malikijohnson Void-Bound Voyager

That is sick! Can't wait to buy starbStaron Xbox! Maybe chucklefish will release a mobile version of Starbound too? That would be awesome!

8. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

I highly doubt that they will go full Terraria mode and release a mobile version… But it would be amazing to have it on switch, because that's basically the same amount of mobility but on an actual gaming console.
    I hope the console version won't have as much lag though...

9. TorPip50

TorPip50 Tentacle Wrangler

I'm pretty sure that the Starbound dev peeps said about playing it and that it only really needs a few tweaks. So, I'm hoping it'll be released in a few months (because I think it's actually a bit more than a few tweaks).

Wa.luigi.time likes this.
  10. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can already envision a tweet saying:
    A few things we still have to do are:
    1. Recode everything
    2. Redo all sprites, textures and animations
    3. Start