RELEASED [SMAPI] Xnb Loader 1.1.10

Safely load custom xnb files without touching your Content directory!

1. kagekairyu

kagekairyu Space Hobo

I was told to post here after I got a crash report. Does anyone know what specifically caused the crash? Is it some incompatibility between two or more mods?

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you tried loading each mod individually to see which one is causing the issue?

• kagekairyu

kagekairyu Space Hobo

That's the thing. I don't know what triggers the crashes.

• 13akoors

Exactly. So, try loading it with only XNBLoader and EntoaroxFramework loaded, and see if the game still crashes. If it does, then post the new crash log. If it doesn't, then add a single mod at a time until it does crash. Then, remove all additional mods but the crashing mod (plus XNB and Framework) and see if it still crashes. If it crashes with only the single mod, it's an issue with that mod. If it doesn't, then it's a conflict between 2 mods, and you'll just have to play around with different combinations till you find the issue.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being hard on you. It's just that Ento is currently busy with RL stuff, as well as trying to completely recode one or more of his mods, so posts that don't have a specific cause is forcing more work on him that he doesn't have time for. Normally I'd handle testing these things for him, but I'm currently busy coding my own mods. Any additional information you can gather via the above steps would help everyone involved and save time in getting bugs fixed

EDIT: Also, from reading the crash report again, it looks like the game fully loaded and crashed mid-play. Is this the case? If so, what were the conditions of the crash? Did you enter a building, use a tool on something, etc.?

• 13akoors

Actually, after looking on the SMAPI page that you posted to originally, Pathos seems to think it's an issue with quitting to the title and then reloading the save. Currently, none of Ento's mods support "Return to Title" functionality. He is working on that in the previously mentioned recoding process. Until then, you will just have to "Quit to Desktop" while using any of Ento's mods, specifically ALL and XNBLoader.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The released versions of this mod aren't compatible with SMAPI 1.15.2+. Here's an unofficial update until Entoarox can release it officially. This update also fixes deprecation warnings and compatibility with many other mods.

Karmylla likes this.
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Saiga.unique

Saiga.unique Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You have incorrectly installed xnb mods through XnbLoader, fix that first and then post a new log if the error remains, Always deal with the *first* error in the log first, errors that follow usually are caused by the game being in a damaged state.....

• Saiga.unique

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I re-added "MinimumVersion": "1.8" to dependencies section of the manifest and it resolved the critical update error.

• 13akoors

I just attempted adding minimum version as described, and the message still popped up. That said, just so both of you (and everyone else) knows, WARN messages can usually be completely ignored. Usually, there isn't a problem unless you see an ERROR message. In this case I haven't fully tested, but it looks like there's no issues because of this "critical update", so I'd just ignore it

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That said, this mod doesn't work very well. Often times even when the load order is managed, stardew will be using its default vanilla .xnb rather than stuff included. (and even marked as being redirected properly in the logs!)

If I cut and paste from the mod directory verbatim and overwrite the vanilla content, and remove the XNB mod THEN it works fine, so I the content is ordered and filed correctly.

So I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe if other mods modify those files in some way or even look at them funny but don't overwrite them then it overwrites XNB's functionally? iunno.

• 13akoors

Stuff like that started (I believe) when the language update happened. I know that anything loaded via XNBLoader automatically works correctly (or at least it did), while ALL does not. From what I've figured out via map modding, it's due to XNBLoader overwriting maps/files before the game loads them, while ALL overwrites after the game loads.

That was last I knew, but recent changes may have broken things further. Honestly, most of these problems should go away with the 2.0 updates, whenever they happen (no rush Ento).

EDIT: Oh, yeah, it got a lot worse. Now even XNBLoader isn't properly loading custom tilesheets. Well, guess I'll be working on the desert and interior map mods until the huge overhaul happens

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If the overwrite isnt happening when XnbLoader says it should, then its a problem in SMAPI and you should tell @Pathoschild about it, nothing I can do about it, EF no longer uses its own internal content manager and instead uses the currently in-beta content API provided by SMAPI itself.

• RebelOutcast

RebelOutcast Intergalactic Tourist

It keeps saying Critical update is available, but I just updated. Also it deleted all my items in the areas I have.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.15.4-alpha.1 is now available for Linux/Mac/Windows. This is an experimental preview build which should fix content-loading issues with Advanced Location Loader, Entoarox Framework, and XNB Loader. (I'm moving this weekend, but I'll review any feedback as soon as I can.)

[Edit: download removed. See the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
                              • Saiga.unique

thanks for the reply, ill just ignore the critical pop up
                                ALL:it loads the mods extended cellar and JAC greenhouse but its empty when i enter it
                                xnbloader: works normally like before
                                here's my log

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Saiga.unique Thanks for testing!
                                  • I submitted a pull request to fix the critical-update-available bug.
                                  • I think ALL locations not remembering your changes is something Entoarox is working on for ALL 2.0.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank