RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

The grass area is not supposed to be tillable. The map is designed as it is.
    If you want to tillable grass you can edit the xnb to your liking (add property Diggable T to the grass tile)

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can plant trees naturally on the grass right below your house and I get the impression the grass to the far east is intended for buildings.
      You can fit 3 coops, 3 barns (or more if you squeeze) right above the regrowing grass fields, too.

• Cragrim

Cragrim Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for your response. I've been doing some edits that I like to the map following some guides here on the forums.
        How can I check which tilesets are dependent on Farm_Combat.xnb? I get errors when only unpacking this one.

Right now I'm unpacking the whole Content folder and repacking everything, then only copying over Farm_Combat.xnb but its a bit slow to do when checking edits. I'll link to my forked version of the map once I feel its good.

• TenkoKuugen

The farm_combat.yaml should list the tilesets it needs
          What you can do if you edit a lot is; unpack the content folder, search for .png (just to make sure), copy all the .png to a new folder (I keep a "Maps" folder in my XNB node tool folder) and then also put all the .tbin files in there
          works just fine unless the mod supplies custom tilesets, you need those PNGs too
          You can just put the .yaml somewhere else ("YAML" folder) and copy the .tbin and the .yaml to "Unpacked" and hit the packed .bat

Sounds super complicated and like a lot of work but really isn't.

• Cragrim

Made a fork with some changes that I prefer :) download below

@lambui Linking back to your mod. Do you want me to add anything else?
            I dont want to steal any credit from you. Thanks again :D

EDIT: Still some stuff I might change which I'm not sure about. Expect minor updates

Changes 2016-12-28
            • Fixed some layer issues
            • Added large bridge to eastern section
            • Added small bridge to eastern section
            • Added dirt paths
            • Added uniformly placed fences
            • Removed eastern clutter replaced with fence
            • Made all grass tillable
            • Made middle forest section accessible by removing bridge and adding stairsĀ“
            • Made all bushes farmable with berries
            • Made the river dock larger and removed broken boat
            • Removed some clutter
            • Removed the cheaty desert teleporter
            • Removed broken boats
            Download
            https://github.com/cragrim/StardewValleyOmniFARMfork/tree/master/Release

Screenshot:
            [​IMG]

styr, HopeWasHere and lambui like this.
            • lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Sorry, I lost the xnb that still has the original pond in the middle and recreating it seems like too much work for me atm. :(

• shadou61

shadou61 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi love your map but I was wondering if you know of any conflicts with other mods as none of the spawn areas actually spawn anything for me. I'm into the second year on this map and haven't seen a single blade of grass grow on the fodder areas and in fact grass all over the map seems to grow at an abnormally slow speed. Also, no config json file has been generated. I have the most current version of your mod(2.0.1), smapi (1.5), all, & ent. framework, steam version of the game, running windows 7. I do know that entoarox's extended minecarts breaks when using this map but I don't think that would effect the spawning of grass or stone and I don't have any mods that fiddle with spawn rates. Any suggestions would be welcome. My thanks to you.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Did you copy the OmniFarmSMAPI folder into the Mods folder? It's the folder inside the extracted folder.
                  Don't put the whole extracted folder into the Mods folder, only the OmniFarmSMAPI folder.

• TenkoKuugen

Desert teleporter? I never found that one, lol
                    Where is it?

• shadou61

shadou61 Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I'm embarrassed. That was so obvious & it never occurred to me. Love your map even more now. Thanks.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

it's the return-to-farm statue near the dog bowl

• TenkoKuugen

I found it yesterday after actively searching for it.
                          I admit, that is a bit cheaty.

• PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

I like the changes Cragrim made, will check it out. I have kind of dumb question, what is the purpose of the north-east hill? Is it supposed to be like a quarry? Nothing spawns there and the ground is not tillable.

• TenkoKuugen

You need to use the SMAPI part of the mod to make that into a quarry
                              Same with the west hill for tree stumps.

I am impressed how many people don't install this properly, heh.

• styr

styr Aquatic Astronaut

@lambui , @Cragrim

I created an account just to post this request, so please hear me out.

I love both of your mods/edits, Iambui for the initial map and Cragrim for the fork edit which I absolutely adore and am currently using - those added bridges decrease the chokepoints on the map which really helps moving around due to the sheer size of the map. Speaking of which, and this is the only thing I can really complain about; the sheer enormity of the map is HUUUUGE. Going from the farm house to the southern exit takes a lot longer now, and I realized that while I do love this map, I think it could really do without the 'bottom half' so to speak.

I've uploaded an image of what I think would be a good change for a "small version", for those that like me enjoy all the perks of the quarry/forest hill/dock/etc, but without having that huge second field in the south. I'm sure it would be a lot of work, but if you are ever bored... this change would help a bunch. Basically on my picture as you can see I've X'd out the bottom field and have an arrow pointing up from the right side of the map. I was thinking if you removed the bottom half of the map, you'd cut out the 'animal fields' so those could both be moved to the north so that entire "island" is for those two fields + room for buildings. With the map cutting off in this small version maybe 5-10 'squares' south of the dock, around the area where the steps go up into the southern field area. That would leave the map a little larger than normal, but not enormously so.

[​IMG]

So if either one of you feels up to the task, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm probably not the only one that gets intimidated by the sheer size of this map. Optionally, adding in a tiny pond behind the farm house (a la Hill-top Forest map) would also be a nice quality of life change, as before you get a well the nearest water source is down the stairs by the river separating the quarry/grass area from the farm area.

Lastly, for @Cragrim , on your fork v2 edit on the far left bridge, at the very southern end of the bridge is a few invisible blocks or something that bar my path, making that loong bridge a literal 'bridge to nowhere' currently. Not sure if it works in v1, as I've only tried your v2 thus far. That extra bridge path between the 'valley' and the 'dock area' is so very helpful!

Thanks for all your hard work.

edit: As a new player to this map I'm abit curious: what is the purpose of those two cave entrances, both the one directly above the farm house and the one above the quarry? I haven't yet upgraded my tools to find out. Also, despite this being modeled on the Wilderness map, I have not encountered any monsters during night. Is this working as intended? I didn't see any mention of this, so... I sure hope so :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
                                  HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • Cragrim

@styr
                                  The bridge should be fixed in V2. I did not take into account that the same tiles on the western bridge were used on the eastern bridge. Derp.

I've been playing on the map myself testing and fixing stuff as I notice them.
                                  Compatibility wise you should hopefully be fine just replacing Farm_Combat.xnb.
                                  Make a backup just in case.

Concerning a smaller map I wont be doing that, sorry. I like the crazy big size :D
                                  I'm using SMAPI mods Sprint and Dash Mod Redux and Night Owl to compensate. The night owl mod is a big glitchy but good enough for me.
                                  The warp between maps requires the SMAPI plugin for OmiFarm to be rewritten as it handles the warp back from the forest back to the farm. Maybe someone else can fork it again :)
                                  EDIT: Editing the config file should be enough, see Lambuis post below!

The omnifarm fork V2 map looks like this:

[​IMG]

Amburr likes this.
                                  • lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

More incentive to purchase the always-useless well, it is intended that way :)

About request for smaller map, you can make the SMAPI part of this mod (enable querry, generate tree stumps...) compatible with literally any .xnb maps you like, just take a look at this to learn more about it. All you have to do is tweaking a few numbers in the config.json file.

If anyone wants to make smaller version of this map, you are always welcomed to do so.

Also monsters only spawn in after you unlock the mine, same as the base game (given that you start the game on Wilderness map).

Cragrim likes this.
                                    • baka.no.yume

baka.no.yume Space Spelunker

@Cragrim
                                      Hi, it seem like there're some wrong texture in my game, this dog bowl and some stray tiles on the river.
                                      Do you know how to fix it?

Attached Files:

• Cragrim

I don't know why this is different. Are you running the latest version of Stardew valley? May be a conflict with another mod or texture replacement.
                                        EDIT: Might be a conflict on my side, I tried to find it but couldn't. It is also the same with grandpas shrine. It shows the trees from the Riverlands map which I put rocks behind to make the texture difference less apparent.

EDIT2: I forgot about some textures. Grandpa shrine and dog bowl should be fixed in V2.1 now :)

Download:

baka.no.yume likes this.
                                        • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

This is something I've wanted to do from the beginning, so I thought I try my hand at it. I don't have a great way to test the map, or take pictures, so if someone tries it out tell me if there's things need to be changed (I'm very new to map editing). I also don't know how to change the warp from the ranch, so if anyone wants to edit it please feel free to.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say. Here you go. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kbfghgrl6w6n6h/Farm_Combat.xnb?dl=0

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
                                            styr likes this.