1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs : Modular Edition + Weapons 190625

WARNING: Modifies the Modular Mech

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Is it compatible with color bound fkt mech?
    Cause i found some duplicated colors

3. Kuxo

Kuxo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is this intended to be used with XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition?

4. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

it can be used with xs vehicles, theyre good for planet combat, these are good for space
    but it is not necessary to have both unless you want them both

wouldnt surprise me if there was duplicate colors, colors are far down my list of important things to fix atm. ;)

Kuxo likes this.
  5. Kuxo

Kuxo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for sharing your work and thanks for your time!!!

6. taufik997

taufik997 Void-Bound Voyager

thank you very much

7. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed that the firing particles are off-model. Fix plz.

8. Leeroyzen

Leeroyzen Tentacle Wrangler

Some graphical glitch on XS gatling gun. When you crouch and shooting in gravity affected area and then move to no-gravity area your mech will stand but the bullets will come out from crouch position (image attached if you want to see). Haven't try yet with another mech arms. Awesome mod by the way, love it so far.

Attached Files:

9. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I think I got that one too.

10. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

I'd love to get a push of the newer Steam builds here, if you're game. =)

Incidentally, I wrote a tweak of the modularmech.lua script which prevents parts from consuming power unless they're in use. It's not perfect, since it's possible to "cheat" by tapping rather than holding buttons down, although training yourself to be efficient with your power use almost feels like a game unto itself.

I was going to release a mod of my own, since I built it directly onto the original modularmech.lua, but a compatible version would need to be built into yours too -- so, aside from asking for permission to release a compatibility patch, you can consider these lines of code public domain if you want them. =)

(I am at least pleased with the balance that comes with double-charging body cost for both a jump and a control hold. It corrects the imbalance the base game had where jumping and moving was faster than just moving.)

Code:
      -- decay and check energy

if self.driverId then
        storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.energyDrain * dt)
      end

To:
    Code:
      -- decay and check energy

if self.driverId then
        -- Added control-specific drain
        if newControls.right or newControls.left or (self.flightMode and (newControls.up or newControls.down)) then
            storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.parts.body.energyDrain * dt)
        end
        if newControls.jump then
            storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.parts.body.energyDrain * dt)
        end

-- Not easy to get a "per shot" cost of guns without digging into the JSON of the part to determine
        -- what kind it is before running variable checks... something we DON'T want to do every frame!
        if newControls["PrimaryFire"] then
            storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.parts.leftArm.energyDrain * dt)
        end
        if newControls["AltFire"] then
            storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.parts.rightArm.energyDrain * dt)
        end

-- storage.energy = math.max(0, storage.energy - self.energyDrain * dt)
      end

Kuxo likes this.
  11. Edward U.V

Edward U.V Void-Bound Voyager

how do i unlock the crafting for XS mech parts? I checked in admin and i have materials for the worst mech but it doesnt let me craft it .

12. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

All parts are rolled into the mech blueprint system. You'll have to plunder enemy ships, where you'll find a mech blueprint as random loot (usually, anyway -- the random number gods may not always feel you are worthy). You can also find them in random space encounters (the black-hole-looking things) but good treasure is less common in those.

13. zenithBemusement

zenithBemusement Void-Bound Voyager

So, whenever I try and use a XS sword, the sword gets stuck mid animation, and the mech is stuck like that until I reload the planet. I also cannot move the mech when this happens.

14. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Where can I find the full details of this mod the OP was rather vague on the full list of features and mechanic changes mentioning a original mod that was split however there does not appear to be a link to this information

15. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is there a way to remove the modded health bar from this mod? i like the vanilla one better >.>

16. warhawk009

warhawk009 Void-Bound Voyager

Not expecting a response but, There is a problem with both of the Rho blade arms. The energy and flame blade both make the mech unusable after making an attack with either blade. The mech will freeze during a portion of the attack animation and will remain stationary. If the player tries to exit the mech and get back in they are unable to. Is there a fix for this at all? It's a shame because these are cool parts.

mindbound likes this.
  17. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm willing to install this mod, but I'm a bit confused, should I install vehicle version + modular/weapons, or I have to choose one of the two? Wich Files I need to get the full package?

18. mindbound

mindbound Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any advice would be welcome. TIA.

19. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated XS Mechs : Modular Edition + Weapons with a new update entry:

1.4 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat