Werewolf.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Azerk, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Problem is still in werewolves themselves, they are regarded as magical creatures and as such carry that with them.

2. Piratedcopy

Piratedcopy Big Damn Hero

Not really. Their like tribal dudes who discovered a new drug, and are trying to ..... emulate their "god" or something.

3. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

When I'm about to call this a Sci-fi game...
    [​IMG]
    Either there is marijuana in the game or the devs blazed it...

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  4. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

Pfff. its easy to just have Wolf People,aliens you know? Like the Florans or the Avians? We don't need no Gene Splicing or magic.just have them ever existed as simple Wolf People. And its not like it has never given a wolf in a scifi-scenario (pointing at Starwolf in the so called StarFox games.).

And i am soooooooo sick of the sentence "You can't be wolf cause its not sci-fi or to furry" or shit-garbage like that..
    And what? Cat aliens are okay but wolfes are not?
    Like the Kilrathi in Wing Commander?
    There you have a whole race of Cat people in sci-fi that not only were famous in the time when the game came out but even loved so much that they spawned alot of Fan-clubs and even there own game back then (Kilrathi academy i think was its name)
    Even today many years since the game series died you can find a lot of fan-sites.
    So see? maybe starting something like this can really be a good thing. Give them an Awesome lore,make them there own proud folk without any magic or chemical incidents.And i bet there will be enough people who want that.

I think its all about option. The more races the better:
    -They are People who want Lizard/dragon People.i can understand that,there is much love for the scalie folks in the i-net
    -They are People who would like to see some kangaruu. Well nothing i would come up with but it would be definitly something new,which could be good.
    -They are People who want insect-People. Really not my cup of tee ,kind of getting old but some folks think no Sci-fi scenario would be complete without giant bugs.so i don't complain.
    -They are People who insist that there should be an alien folk like the Rubbery classic aliens,like they appear in XCOM. you know if you say Werewolf cant appear because they are to much magic? i would say this people shouldn't appear because it has been done waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to often in other movies and games.but still if people would like them,i would not denie them.

Maybe this was a little bit much and out of place. Normally i am not the kind of guy to get ranting like this (feel free to see my other posts for prove) and i apoligies should someone feel insulted. but i really really really got tired of ignorant People when it comes to animal-races in games.like it would be the end of the world to have some Wolf People to choose for example.

Fenruo and Model QT-377665 like this.
  5. POCKoCLOCK

POCKoCLOCK Void-Bound Voyager

Magic or not...A werewolf would only make sense in the case of humans. An Avian wouldn't work because it would become what..A winged wolf-bird-thing. Novakid would probably work the least.

6. Mermidion

....thats why i said it would be better if they were there own alien folg without any transmutation or transformations

7. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

hmm.. lets think about this though. There "is flying alien birds" and robots that can think, and ufo's, and kids mad out of plasma, aka the nova kids. Any thing at this point is kinda strange anyways xP

Mermidion likes this.
  8. Ado

Well florans are pretty much dryads so...
    Wolf people ,Mermidion:up:

9. Mermidion

Also on that note.Lets have another example:
    The guys from Warhammer put they elves in spacesuits and called them Eldar. Et voila Sci-fi elves.
    They even got so far as to make dark eldar which is pretty much dark elves.

10. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Werewolves were my least favorite mob in Terraria. Even the transform accessory remains unused by yours truly. Not every game has to have werewolves.

Facethelight and Model QT-377665 like this.
  11. Mermidion

its called "having a choice" .Just cause you don't like them,doesn't mean they shouldn't be an optional race.
    I don't care much for birds ans Gas people.still we have them.

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

You do know, though, how much work a race takes?
    Lore. Investigation (Tons of lines, like, +2000) Ruins. Cities. Dialogue (40x7+40x7 lines of text, making no less than 560 dialogues for an race), Furniture, Armor, Dungeons...
    Its safe to assume there wont be any new races until post-release (Not even beta), atleast.

Novakids were already an exceptional race made to promote preordering.

Facethelight and Model QT-377665 like this.
  13. Mermidion

Of course i know that. i never assumed that they would be implemented before the release.no race besides the Novakid will.that is certainly a fact. But they said they would keep adding to the game for a year+ after release.so there is a good chance we will see more races and with a bit of luck some Wolf-People among them.

14. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Five points to Hufflepuff.

Seriously though, maybe include transformation devices to transform you in to Halloween-y like creatures that work only during Halloween to check it's ratings, if it's no good, don't do it again.

That's the extent i can ever see this working in this game based on all the negative reviews i see here.. But you never know i guess. I'm good for the idea of Transformation devices though! Anyone remember Calvin and Hobbes where they made that cardboard box transformation thingy? What was that called again? :3 I'd like to see that in game to be honest.

15. POCKoCLOCK

POCKoCLOCK Void-Bound Voyager

A k9 race would make way more sense than werewolves. Even a feline race would be cool, but no transformations...The most "magic" that is acceptable in a Sci - Fi genre is "the force" from star wars and honestly that is pushing it.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

This is Sci-Fi Themed Fantasy, so Psion type beings are not pushing anything.

17. Ado

ever heard of telekinesis?
    Not fantasy at all.

18. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

How to turn magic in to science!
    ------------------------------
    Step 1: Find the magical problem.

Step 2: Have a machine cause the effect instead.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!
    -------------------------------
    You're welcome. :3

19. cameron12345678910

cameron12345678910 Space Spelunker

that would be epic

20. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I don't get how being a werewolf = magic.
    It's not magic, it's a transformation. Not magic. Fantasy, no doubt unless changed somehow, but not magic at all. Doesn't that mean that technically it fits very well?
    Just saying...

Svarr Chanston and Polar ! like this.