How To Make Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WelshPixie, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

perhaps in npc's area or perhaps enemies i don't know really

2. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

This is very useful, thanks Welsh.

3. kipmus

kipmus Orbital Explorer

Where would I put suggestions for the main questline?

4. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

Probably in other.

5. dnmr

dnmr Space Spelunker

You'll need to post it in this section ---> /Starbound-The Game/Suggestions /NPCs and Creatures.

wavefunction.e likes this.
  6. KoedGaming

KoedGaming Star Wrangler

A place to post ideas..... WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Broface

Broface Starship Captain

Time to start up my brain.

*vrooom...*

Hooveh likes this.
  8. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

Baaaaa-nana ham-mock?
    Otherwise Sheep Banana Ham Mocking Hammock?

9. humansRfunny

humansRfunny Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question about the Suggestions Forums!

What is the Starbound Team looking from the forums? Is the team just looking for inspiration? How will the suggestions be chosen? Will it be...

1) A Democracy! Where people can vote on different suggestions after discussing their merit... If so, how would that work?

2) A Dictatorship! All hail the almighty Starbound Team! You decide which suggestions to use and we must obey your orders or be vaporized into oblivion! (Ok, maybe I am exaggerating.)

10. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like suggestions and now I know how. Thanks thread.

11. Senkaimaru

Senkaimaru Star Wrangler

>.< Why exploding kitties? Not the kitties! DX

12. sebastiand4

sebastiand4 Space Spelunker

How about rare spawns, or humanoid creatures that may drop a rare and unique piece of armour with a very low drop rate

13. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

Say I had some ideas about potential Lore or Biological features for existing Races (eg Floran) that could maybe be mentioned in game (or seen) (I do btw)

Where would you suggest I put that? I'd guess other, but I'd rather be sure it didn't belong in NPCs or something.

14. Aeryc

Aeryc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Axolhotls. From Dragonquest. On the Starbound website. AWESOME!

15. Chamomileable

Chamomileable Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it would be wise if we had some kind of article on "What will improve Starbound as a whole, and what would be better suited being modded in". There area a lot of suggestions, and there are a few really golden ones, but most suggestions are fairly inconsequential things that might make more sense being modded in due to the very niche-occupying nature of the suggestion itself.

16. chucklesthesquirrel

chucklesthesquirrel Void-Bound Voyager

Where is the post thing? I can't find where to actually type my suggestion! People must know my opinion on these!

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Here's what to do.

First, you figure out the relevant suggestions subforum for your suggestion. If you want to add a mechanic to the game, the suggestion will go under Mechanics. And so forth.

Next, do a quick search to make sure your idea hasn't been suggested before. Sometimes the same idea will get suggested repeatedly, and people get sick of it.

Finally, when you go the the right subforum, hit "Post New Thread". From there, put the title, a poll (if you want one) and the body of your suggestion. I would suggest a couple of paragraphs of detail at least. There is nothing more guaranteed to put people off an idea than a short description and lack of detail.

If you need any more help, let me know.

wavefunction.e likes this.
  18. wavefunction.e

wavefunction.e Space Penguin Leader

I know this is an old post, but I just had to add: In the words of Steve Mcgarrett(recent Hawaii 5-0) :"this is not a Democracy, It's a Benevolent Dictatorship.":rofl:
    That's what came to my mind.:laugh:

Svarr Chanston and Jonesy like this.
  19. i sort of want to make a suggestion... but i feel as if it is too short
    it's just i would like it if you had to press w to begin walking up stairs... it gets kind of annoying when you walk up them in a attempt to escape a monster rampaging through your house

20. m1a2x3

m1a2x3 Seal Broken

I dont even know how to start a suggestion :/
    Wheres the blummin' button?