1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Four techs at once! - Ultratech

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by SuperMandrew, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Shamyi

Shamyi Big Damn Hero

sounds good :D

2. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

Finally done. This was a lot trickier than I had imagined, due to the multijump wanting to take the input instead of letting bubble boost have it.

For other modders out there, remember that you can create your own parameters in the .tech files, which allows you to use essentially a "global flag" that persists between inputs!

Shamyi likes this.
  3. Jash

Jash Astral Cartographer

in the input(args) you can use another key, can't you ?
    If you can.. MECH.. maybe? ;w;

4. Shamyi

Shamyi Big Damn Hero

ohh didn't notice the update to the file till now xD thanks again man.

5. SuperMandrew

The problem right now is that the "F" key is assigned to args.moves["special"], and both Blink and the Mech use that input to activate. If I knew what all the possible options were in args.moves (eg. special, jump, right, left, up, down, etc) then maybe. However.. what if you were to press down and the F key at the same time in order to activate the Mech? That way F can still be used for blinking, and a simple key combo would use the mech instead.

One thing I'm not sure about though would be what happens after you transform into the mech. As in, are all the other techs still active? Can we double jump or blink or bubble boost while in mech form?

I guess we'll find out, I'll see if I can work more on it later tonight. :)

6. Jash

Jash Astral Cartographer

Use the mod 'Tech Bypass' to test the Mech xD
    The mech couldn't used when you're in the ground, you really need to jump :/
    You couldn't use other techs in the mech, i think..

7. SuperMandrew

Haha, I don't need the tech bypass mod to test it, I just use the simple recipe included with my mod to test it (1x torch anywhere to craft it).

Correct, the mech cannot be used unless you're in a spacious area. This mod would not change that.

And that's right, but that's because the mech would be its own tech and you couldn't select other techs while in the mech. However, because of the way this mod works, it constantly checks every input to see if it matches what any of the techs included want (a dash, double jump, bubble boost, etc). I could just incorporate a state check though, so that the mech would not be able to blink or bubble boost, etc. Then again.. that could be kinda fun, haha

Jash likes this.
  8. Nexusv

Nexusv Void-Bound Voyager

For mechs, key combo, and all but bubbleboost off, also, two versions of the tech, one with bubbleboost, one with butterflyboost.

9. SuperMandrew

Is this a demand or request? Or is this what you're going to do?

10. Nexusv

Nexusv Void-Bound Voyager

Technically, it's a reply without a quote, and a suggestion.

11. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

12. SuperMandrew

A wild response appears!

This tech has pulse jump, dash, targeted blink, and then switches to hover instead of bubble boost after the pulse jump. I lowered the energy drain of the hover because I felt it was too high to be of any use, so it should be good now.

Check the original post for the alternative file.

13. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome work on this! :up:

It really bugged me that you had to toggle manually between techs to use them.

Btw, I have a question in relation to techs, is it possible to make an actual item (like a backpack item) to give you a tech ability?

SuperMandrew likes this.
  14. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

Hi, thanks you for the alternative version. Just tried it and it's awesome! Just what I was after.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    SuperMandrew likes this.
  15. SuperMandrew

Good question. I'm not exactly sure.. There are already some items in the game which give you abilities, like the All-Seeing Cape, which allows you to look further when holding Ctrl. However I can't seem to find any LUA files related to the augment provided by that cape: "hawkeye". Right now it doesn't look possible, but I'll have to dig around for a bit and I'll let you know. Maybe creating your own item type would allow this?

Lynx88 likes this.
  16. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Yep, those abilities are passive ones though, I've only seen "augments" on armor items, while active ones are all techs. I'm not really great with code, let alone making new item types, so i'd appreciate any findings you come across. :D

17. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Phew! After much bug-testing, I discovered a mistake in this mod. Your ultratech.recipe that requires one torch and is categorized "plain" isn't the way tech recipes are supposed to work (I think).

EDITED FOR CLARITY:
    By putting the ultratech.recipe in the "plain" group, you are able to craft the item, but you aren't supposed to craft it - it is supposed to be categorized "tech", with no inputs, which adds it to the tech panel.

By editing player.config and adding the recipe "ultraTech", you are getting access to the tech at the tech panel - no crafting required!

So, its confusing for people who may have been trying to change your recipe or accomplish this mod without editing player.config lol :rofl:.

ultratech.recipe
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [ ],

"output" : {
        "item" : "ultraTech",
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "tech" ]
    }

:laugh:

Confirmed on a brand new character:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  18. SuperMandrew

I had initially added the tech recipe to those groups so that it could be crafted to be used, but you're saying that there's no need to craft it to add it to the tech selection? Interesting.

I'll keep that in mind for the next update. Regarding the preference of triple jump, here's the version with triple jump:

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/28031610/file.html

19. apurplerock

apurplerock Space Spelunker

I just installed the hover one, and now i cant attack mobs, and they dont react to me at all :c

20. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey how about blink+dash+double jump+gravity bubble? I think gravity bubble is much better than bubble boost or hover.