1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fully Customizable Ship V1.0.4 [Indignant Koala] MIGRATED TO OFFICIAL MODS SECTION

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Princeofmar5, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was going to suggest people do that for existing characters. Let me know if it really does corrupt players.

2. Princeofmar5

I found the issue and fixed it.

3. Grossmond

Grossmond Master Chief

Does this work with vanilla clients to where I could install it and customize my ship and they would see it without having the mod? Or would it be all messed up like the earlier picture?

4. Princeofmar5

It should work in vanilla clients because the ship is made entirely out of blocks that are already in the game.

5. CaptainApathy

CaptainApathy Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that it does. Im doing it right now.

6. Princeofmar5

Works for the current update. Remember to submit any ships you'd like to have included with the mod!

7. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

i just build 1000 blocks to the right with no end or loop in sight.

why only build one ship if you can have a fleet?

8. Princeofmar5

Now if only someone would make a way to teleport between the ships

okok111 likes this.
  9. Rik

Rik Industrial Terraformer

This is why I really recommend having a border around your allowable building area. If you don't give it proper constraints it can and will strain the engine leading to lock ups and likely crashes as the player's ship size gets larger.

Even with my 167x82 building area, utilizing every tile in that space for a total of 13,694 blocks can really muck things up.

Edit: This is especially noticeable in multiplayer as I've actually managed to crash servers just by joining.

10. syteless

syteless Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I must have missed something, I have invisible walls from the vanilla ship. Installed with mod loader(with fixed file structure, maybe hopefully)

I can only assume the unchanged vanilla files are conflicting with the dropshipstructure file, while using bootstrap

11. ErekoseDM

ErekoseDM Void-Bound Voyager

after many retries i finally got it to be the wooden ship.
    thats when i started getting the error messages from starbound.

however, i too had nothing but invisible walls and invisible ship.
    i was able to apply dirt to the points in that png file in the folder though they were invisible til i applied dirt to them.
    but that was the max on my sphere of influence.

i also inadvertently used the pickaxe on the ship storage locker and it disappeared from the ground since i had all my valued items taking up EVERY free slot in my backpack. ^_^
    couldnt find where to get more thrusters or anything else.

rolled back to my backupsave and deleted the mod manager as well (java files didnt want to do anything).
    ack.

maybe the 'lastest patch' messed up the ease of use on this one, even my 'new' characters didnt get the clear/wood ship.

tried to do the "CaptainApathy" trick to no avail.

---
    really hope that an expandable ship is in the next wave of official updates. im totally out of space on my ship, and never have enough pixels to '3d printer save' the interesting random tat i gather.

i thought id create a psudeo base on the gun world, but the OP birds decided to kill all the NPCs, so the planet is practically as dead as any other random world im 1 click away from forgetting my coordinates back to.
    >_<

thanks for the efforts Princeofmar5 + Rik + CaptainApathy

12. Princeofmar5

ErekoseDM likes this.
  13. ErekoseDM

ErekoseDM Void-Bound Voyager

^_^

hellz yea!!
    thank you Princeofmar5!

got it to work on my main save after i deleted the *.shipworld file, and following the instructions.

i got stuck on step 3 about the OS, til i saw all the different OS folders in the Starbound dir.
    ive been up too long playing starbound ^_^

i was able to cut a hole in the roof, build a thin tower of wooden platforms, then lept to infinity off the front of the ship. ^_^ :chucklefish:

now i just need to stash all my goods on the planet off my save, and redo it.

14. Princeofmar5

That's good. This should also make the mod more compatible with other mods.

15. ssthehunter

ssthehunter Void-Bound Voyager

My ship is capped out at a 200x100 invisible rectangle. Is there anyway to increase this?

16. Princeofmar5

17. TheCoolSideofthePillow

TheCoolSideofthePillow Astral Cartographer

Would it be possible to have the default ship when you make a character be roughly the same as it is without the mod? I know some of the background "parts" are just images, but the walls and few decorative items are not. It would look nicer than the wooden spaceboat. ;)

18. Princeofmar5

19. Lord_Nuke

Lord_Nuke Space Spelunker

I'm anxiously awaiting an update of this mod so I can use it with the new version of the game!

20. Princeofmar5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.